Sign in to follow this  
Owen Meany

Mooi Musiek.

Guest Hawkeye

Die weergawe op die "White Album" van die Beatles is beter. 

Magso wees, die betrokke een het net vir my 'n nostalgiese waarde en is gekoppel aan so paar herhinderinge.. LOL  Ek het nog een van die oorspronklikke vinyl weergawes van die hele "Concert for Bangladesh" binne sy boks met die boek daarby.  Interessant is dat een van die Indiese meesters wat daarop is is die pa van Nora Jones - Ravi Shankar.

Guest Hawkeye

Ravi Shankar still performed in 2011 at the age of 91 - sadly he passed away in 2012 aged 92 - This music is not for everyone, I am simply fascinated by the instrument and the complexity in playing it.  Yet, for some reason the music has some calming effect on me.  Then again, not all Indian music is made for a Western ear as some of it is just fucking awful!

Ravi Shankar still performed in 2011 at the age of 91 - sadly he passed away in 2012 aged 92 - This music is not for everyone, I am simply fascinated by the instrument and the complexity in playing it.  Yet, for some reason the music has some calming effect on me.  Then again, not all Indian music is made for a Western ear as some of it is just fucking awful!

I like his daughter's stuff. Not so sold on Ravi's material.

Dis dalk nie regverdig om vir hom in die selfde kategorie as bogenoemdes te plaas nie, maar ek reken as die hy so kan aanhou is dit enigetyd goed genoeg vir my oor.

Guest Duke

going to see this guy this weekend, Seasick Steve.....im so looking forward to it

Guest Hawkeye

Ook ma net omdat ek die ding kan speel.. Many memories..  En die kind is baie goed

'>

Edited by The Don

Hawk started a thread with a clip of a modified version of "Ballade of the Green Berets" earlier and it lead to trumpet music. I also have a love for trumpet music and I like to know the story of and like to listen to different versions of nice pieces of music. I posted (on the other thread) one of my favourite pieces of trumpet music. Another is this a traditional Serbian song, The March on the Drina. There are many different versions of the song, every one very good in it's own right. As an example of what I mean, I have three different versions. It is a lot of one song, but whel worth it to listen to all three of them.

This is a Serbian version by a group of Serbian trumpet players:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_4oJ7WrUBw

This one would probably appeal to Hawk as well. It is by the Vienna Symphonic Orchestra, conducted by the famous Herbert von Karajan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqIAPZwI9QQ

The last one, and probably my favourite version, reminds me of my childhood days when Boswell Wilkie Circus came to town, and I have always called it The Circus Song. The rest of the oldies on the forum who can still remember the old circuses with the brass band and all will probably remember this piece. It was normally played either at the end of the show when all the acts marches back into the ring, or when they have the horses coming in for their act:

Edited by vlagman

The only brass band i remember is the Salvation Army playing on the street corners at Christmas time.......... :36_11_6:

We threw pennies at them.....................

I watched a Bachman and Turner concert on the telly on the weekend - those lads are old fashioned rock and rollers - bloody classic stuff.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Denny
    Newest Member
    Denny