Guest Viva Alonso

Ferrari - the team, the car the engine, the excuses

Ek dog jy het hom op "ignore"?

Ek het gesien Hawk het so 'n liggiese swipe gevat en toe het ek gekyk waaroor dit gaan. :36_11_6:

Guest Viva Alonso

Ek sien. Jy ignore hom nou nie so dat iemand sal agterkom nie.

Haha, wel dit nogal n moerse stress reliever om so nou en dan te gaan loer watse "pearls of wisdom" daar kwytgeraak word .... haha

Guest UfraX

It is actually quite funny that Vlag is looking for arguments.   I ignored the down-force swipes because if somebody does not actually know what they are talking about, it is a futile argument.   Going back in the history of F1 you will find mention of the 'Gurney-flap'.   Simply explained, if you take a wing and add a strip to the trailing edge of the wing to increase the drag [mostly] to increase down-force, that is the Gurney-flap.   F1-teams later came with a modification on this subject when the rules stated that you are not allowed to alter the rear flap of the wing after qualifying.  So what do you do if its is raining and you need more down-force on the rear to increase grip as well as lessen the front-end steering?   They added a rubber Gurney that slipped and fit  on the leading edge of the wing to facilitate the increased down-force and when the race turned out dry, they just removed the Gurney for the wing.   This also worked perfectly when during a race, the rain came down and they have to stop for rain tyres.....add the Gurney and the car is much better.   Then it was banned............

Felipe Massa confirms he is to leave Ferrari at the end of this season

Felipe Massa has confirmed he is to leave Ferrari at the end of the season.

The Brazilian's place at the Scuderia is set to be taken by Kimi Raikkonen, although an official announcement outlining the team's 2014 line-up is not expected until Wednesday.

Massa, who only narrowly avoided being dropped by Ferrari 12 months ago before earning a one-year contract extension, has endured a troubled campaign, finishing on the podium just once and garnering half the points of team-mate Fernando Alonso.

In a post to his followers on Twitter, the Brazilian confirmed:

From 2014 i will no longer be driving for Ferrari. I would like to thank the team for all the... http://t.co/ubhtiS79EE

- Felipe1Massa (@Felipe1Massa)

September 10, 2013

In an longer message on his Instagram page, which was posted alongside a picture of his victory celebrations from his home Brazilian GP in 2006, Massa said: "From 2014 I will no longer be driving for Ferrari. I would like to thank the team for all the victories and incredible moments experienced together.

"Thank you also to my wife and all of my family, to my fans and all my sponsors. From each one of you I have always received a great support!"

It remains to be seen whether the news of Massa's departure from Ferrari also marks the end of the veteran's career in F1. The 32-year-old could yet take Raikkonen's seat at Lotus in a straight swap deal. A return to Sauber may also emerge as a possibility if Lotus opt for the highly-rated Nico Hulkenberg.

"Right now I want to push as hard as possible with Ferrari for the remaining 7 races," Massa confirmed.

"For next year, I want to find a team that can give me a competitive car to win many more races and challenge for the Championship which remains my greatest objective! Thank you all. Felipe."

Were Massa to leave the sport, F1 in 2014 could be bereft of a Brazilian driver for the first time in over forty years.

Raikkonen, meanwhile, is understood to have signed a two-year deal with Ferrari, the team he left just four years ago as the Scuderia stood by Massa following his title near-miss of 2008 and a horrific accident in Hungary which caused him to miss the second half of the 2009 season.

Farewell Felipe: Massa's career at Ferrari

The Brazilian will end his Ferrari career as their second longest-serving driver in history after Michael Schumacher, having joined the team as a race driver in 2006.

By then Massa had already been on Ferrari's books for five years having come to their attention during a dominant Euro Formula 3000 title-winning campaign in 2001, although it was with customer team Sauber that the then 20-year-old made his F1 race debut the following year.

After a season in a test driver role at Ferrari, Massa returned to a race seat at Sauber for 2004-2005 before being recalled to Maranello to replace countryman Rubens Barrichello alongside Schumacher in what turned out to be the German's final season before his first retirement.

Having performed increasingly competitively alongside first Schumacher, and then the incoming Raikkonen, Massa emerged as Ferrari's lead runner for the 2008 campaign and was only denied the crown by Lewis Hamilton in the astonishing closing moments of his home Brazilian GP.

In 2009 the Brazilian sustained serious head injuries in qualifying at the Hungarian GP after an errant sprint from the car ahead pierced his crash helmet, and although he missed the remainder of the season, Massa made a remarkably swift recovery and returned to action alongside new arrival Alonso the following season.

But while he outqualified his new team-mate at the first attempt on his return, Massa was swiftly cast into Alonso's shadow and since has scored less than half the number of points collected by the Spaniard and failed to win a race, whereas Alonso has claimed 11 victories and been pipped by to two world titles.

Guest Viva Alonso

Had to happen but it is still a sad day!

Edited by Viva Alonso

Yeah. As I said the other day, I defended him a lot last year but this year it was always on the cards. Pity. Sorry Wolvie.

Guest Viva Alonso

"How big is the pressure now on Ferrari to build a strong for car for next year?

The PR is going to be so bad if both Raikkonen and Alonso are propping up the top 10.

I therefore expect Ferrari's focus to switch to 2014 straight after Singapore, assuming Vettel takes another easy victory there."

Guest Viva Alonso

How is this for a crazy (maybe) rumor??? .............. Rough google translations

According to 'La Stampa', Ferrari is in discussions that may culminate with the arrival of Adrian Newey and his team from Maranello

Tweeted weeks ago: Gazzetta: 'The meeting Thursday night between Domenicali and Newey was not random "

Confirmed the interest of Ferrari in Adrian Newey and part of his team, would be a bombshell.

If the rumor is true, remember that it is the first time you try to hire Newey Ferrari, the previous negotiations failed

Newey and Byrne and James Allison all in one boat. And the there is still Pat Fry and Tombasiz (spelling?) I don't know. Having said that..... Newey at Ferrari? Now there is a good idea.

Guest UfraX

Newey at Ferrari? Can you think what it would do to poor Alonso? He would stop doing well in F1 and all the credit will go to Newey! That is the Vlagman modus operandi.......

Guest Viva Alonso

Personally I dont want Newey at Ferrari, I want Ferrari to beat "The Finger" and Newey next year and the year after that and the year after that....

Newey at Ferrari? Can you think what it would do to poor Alonso? He would stop doing well in F1 and all the credit will go to Newey! That is the Vlagman modus operandi.......

Lol. 

It would be fun to see Vettel biting the dust in a car that was not designed by Adrain Newey.

Guest Viva Alonso

It would be fun to see Vettel biting the dust in a car that was not designed by Adrain Newey.

I want Alonso to beat them without Newey being at ferrari .... Ill prefer if he beats him with Newey still at RBR ... then everyone will know it is the driver that won the WDC/WCC and not the designer lol

Guest Viva Alonso

Ferrari has further boosted its technical structure with the signing of Lotus' head of aerodynamics Dirk de Beer.

As part of a concerted effort by the Maranello outfit to push itself forward so it can capture its first title since 2007, it has convinced de Beer to join.

Although there has been no official announcement about Ferrari's plans, it is expected that de Beer will work alongside the team's current head of aero Loic Bigois when his current contract with Lotus runs out at the end of this year.

Ferrari showed how serious it is in its efforts to ramp up its organisation when it signed Lotus' former technical director James Allison earlier this year.

Allison joined the team at the beginning of this month and is likely to have targeted the key individuals that he thinks can help make a difference at Ferrari.

Guest Solar

I predict that Alonso's biggest threat next year would firstly be his teammate, then the rest. Don't get me wrong, not saying there'll be bad vibes between them, its just that Kimi has been in stronger form since his return...

Looking forward to a dynamic 2014,

Solar.

Guest Viva Alonso

Agree that Alonso will face a threat from his new teammate.... but what I dont get is what makes you say that Kimi is in stronger form since his return?

Stronger how? as in being a better driver / quicker driver / more focused driver?

Surely you cant compare his performance to Crashjeans? ... when he left F1 he was racing in a Ferrari that was much more competive and also he had Massa as a team mate who was pushing him.. there no comparison between Massa and Grosjean in my view...

Not trying to be difficult just dont understand how do a person determine he is stronger now?

Also looking forward to 2014 .... I have lost a bit of interest in this years F1, still follow it but not to the extend I have done before..

Edited by Viva Alonso

I predict that Alonso's biggest threat next year would firstly be his teammate, then the rest. Don't get me wrong, not saying there'll be bad vibes between them, its just that Kimi has been in stronger form since his return...

Looking forward to a dynamic 2014,

Solar.

Like Hamilton is his biggest threat this year?

Guest UfraX

Seems like Alonso prefer not to talk about Vettel...it reminds him of getting beaten all the time!

Guest Solar

Viva, no I wasn't comparing him to Grosjean or Massa. Kimi has from the 1st race upon his return built up the reputation of Mr. Consistency. If I would compare him to anyone it would be Schumi, though that's probably not totally fair to Schumi who's break away from F1 was significantly longer.

Kimi came back and calmly asserted his position in the team through clean racing, consistent performances, and achieving good positions on the WDC. He presents a package to be reckoned with and Ferrari can only benefit by the joint efforts of him and Alonso. RBR won't have it as easy in the WCC, against that pairing.

Ferrari just have to give them competitive cars, and this year's car is not too bad, but unfortunately the difference in performances by Alonso and Massa also means that they aren't as close to RBR as they could be. Pre-season, Merc did not have great expectations for this year, but look at the difference Hami made. He even got Rosberg activated, though Rosberg seems to be tapering off again.

You guys have reason to be excited for 2014,

Solar.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Denny
    Newest Member
    Denny