Sign in to follow this  
Guest Viva Alonso

Team Mate Battles.

Guest Viva Alonso

Seb Vettel, Fernando Alonso, Nico Hulkenberg and Jules Bianchi conclusively had the beating of their team mates over a full season in 2013. (note these are the drivers I supported even before making it in F1 lol)

At four teams the contest between the two drivers was very one-sided. Mark Webber and Felipe Massa took a pasting from their respective team mates and both will be driving elsewhere next year.

Rookies  Guiterrez and Max Chilton had a tough year against their team mates. Gutierrez at least had the excuse of being up against a widely-tipped star of the future in Nico Hulkenberg, but Chilton was comprehensively blown away by a fellow rookie, Jules Bianchi.

Have look at the graphs http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/12/11/who-won-the-team-mate-battles-in-2013/

Its crazy how close Hamster and Rosberg is.

Guest Viva Alonso

Autosport driver ratings for 2013

Vettel                8.6

Alonso              8.1

Hulkenberg    7.7

Kimi                  7.6

Hamilton           7.5

Grosjean          7.3

Rosberg           7.2

Webber            7.1

Button              7.1

Di Resta           7.0

Bianchi            7.0

Bottas               6.9

Ricciardo         6.8

Sutil                   6.7

Perez                6.6

Maldonando      6.4

JE Vergne         6.4

vd Garde          6.4

Massa              6.3

Pic                   6.3

Chilton             6.1

Gutierrez         5.9

Looks about right ...

Once again both Bianchi and Hulk rated highly ( watch Bianchi next year ... you heard it here first)

I have said before Webber is around 7 / 8th best so he is no fair comaprison to Vettel, same goes with Massa who is rated 4th last, from all the drivers his season was most disappointing.

RBR new "sensation" Ricciardo only outscored JEV by .4 ... yet he ended up in a RBR ??? many other experienced and young drivers rated higher ... ( RBR to realize they appointed the wrong driver when they loose the WCC next year .. once again you heard it here first lol) 

Vettel as expected rated #1 and Alonso once again rated very highly in a car that is not one of top 3)

Kimi is rated highly as can be expected and his move to Ferrari alongside Alonso will be the highlight of next year ... Ferrari or Merc to take WCC .. once again you heard it here!)

Grosjean to fail as a "team leader"

Edited by Viva Alonso

Guest Viva Alonso

Interesting that Sauber retains Guttierez?

Once again another sign of the pathetic state F1 is in .... 

Its all about the money drivers bring (outside top 3 teams) .... hell even Lotus signed a "pay driver" ... and they could have had Hulk in their team!!

"We at Telmex and Telcel are very proud to continue being part of Sauber to keep consolidating our successful history in motorsport, particularly in Formula 1 and our driver development programme for Mexican and Latin drivers such as Esteban Gutierrez, a great young talent, friend and human being," said Telmex chairman Carlos Slim Domit.

Guest Viva Alonso

Here's how the various team-mates compare in qualifying this season including the Chinese GP

l

Ricciardo out-qualified Vettel 3  - 1  (Surprise of the season)

Hamilton out-qualified Rosberg 3 - 1  (fight is closer than this stat)   

Alonso out-qualified Raikkonen 3 - 1    (Now who would have predicted this?) 

Grosjean out-qualified Maldonado 4 - 0    (No Comment)   

Button out-qualified Magnussen 2 - 2     (Great perf by Magn)

Hulkenberg out-qualified Perez 3 - 1     (My man Hulk!!!)

Sutil out-qualified Gutierrez 2 - 2     

Vergne out-qualified Kvyat 3 1    

Massa out-qualified Bottas 3 - 1    (this will change later in season, Bottas to good)

Bianchi out-qualified Chilton 3 - 1    ( my other man Bianchi)

Kobayashi out-qualified Ericsson 4 - 0    (not important lol)

Edited by Viva Alonso

Using the same "logic" and conspiracy that caused the speculation around Vettel's team mate being sabotaged - Raikonen was the receiver of exactly the same this weekend..... Now he has no straight line power.  Nothing worked for him on this weekend while Alonso has a chance of ending in the top three... may even win.

See how silly it sounds?   

Guest Viva Alonso

Hahaha "tough luck" ...... Vettel sound a bit "suur"

Vettel gets passed by a Caterham. He's not a happy boy. "He has new tyres, of course he's quicker. Get him out of the way." #F1

Falke..... need a lot more things to happen week after week with Kimi to even consider "sabotage" lol .... 

Edited by Viva Alonso

Using the same "logic" and conspiracy that caused the speculation around Vettel's team mate being sabotaged - Raikonen was the receiver of exactly the same this weekend..... Now he has no straight line power. Nothing worked for him on this weekend while Alonso has a chance of ending in the top three... may even win.

See how silly it sounds?

Webber never had the same bacing from his team that Ricciardo has. Never. Marko went as far saying recently that it is good to have an honest/fair (cannot remember the exact words) Aussie in the team. There was less support for Webber from the team, coupled with almost animosity from Marko's side.

As far as Raikonnen goes.......although I am a big fan of him, he is yet another team mate who was going to come in and kick Alonso's backside, and it is not happening. Ferrari is going through great lenghts to get WCC points. For them the WCC is definitely the first priority. That is why LdM has no problem in openly crapping on Alonso when he criticise the car or the team.

It may sound silly to say the Kimi is being sabotaged and it may have sounded silly saying that Webber was sabotaged but in hindsight it cannot be denied that Webber got a raw deal from the team on many occasions.

Guest Viva Alonso

I would just love to hear from Spook/Ufrax  why it is Vettel now seems so ordinary?

I mean he had a lot to say last year ... also that kimi will wipe the floor with Alonso...

Please come back and enlighten us as to why?? I cleary remember him saying Vettel is so dominant because he is that great a driver and that it is not the car but all down to Vettels brilliance ...... hahaha fokken ha

In addition to that, Viva, remember that the development of the car was also mainly due to Vettel's input. It was even, at one stage, almost suggested that without Vettel's input Adrian Newey and the engineers' hands were more or less tied behind their backs.

F1 is a TEAM sport of that there is no doubt.  A driver can be as good as he wants to be but without engineering / design / technical support etc he aint going nowhere.  When it all comes together it is magic.  Last year Hamster was nowhere, did that make him a kak driver who all of a sudden became brilliant.  Bullshit, just as much as I cannot accept that any team would willingly and purposefully sink their own chances by "sabotaging" their own driver.

This thing about one driver being "streets" ahead of another is pure bullshit.  In the previous season we had RBR who had a phenomenal package with all the things (even loopholes) working for them.  This year (so far) we have the exact situation with Merc.  I would even hazard to say that you could put Hulk or Bottas in the Hamster's Merc and they would shine just because of the total package.

With that driver is best logic you can just as well say the Sharks are at the top of the S15 because Bismarck is so good.. KAK! 

I would just love to hear from Spook/Ufrax why it is Vettel now seems so ordinary?

I mean he had a lot to say last year ... also that kimi will wipe the floor with Alonso...

Please come back and enlighten us as to why?? I cleary remember him saying Vettel is so dominant because he is that great a driver and that it is not the car but all down to Vettels brilliance ...... hahaha fokken ha

Verlede jaar toe Spook wou gesels toe sit jy hom op ignore. Nou dat hy nie meer deelneem nie is jy windgat en het baie te sê. Tipies pisgat.

F1 is a TEAM sport of that there is no doubt. A driver can be as good as he wants to be but without engineering / design / technical support etc he aint going nowhere. When it all comes together it is magic. Last year Hamster was nowhere, did that make him a kak driver who all of a sudden became brilliant. Bullshit, just as much as I cannot accept that any team would willingly and purposefully sink their own chances by "sabotaging" their own driver.

This thing about one driver being "streets" ahead of another is pure bullshit. In the previous season we had RBR who had a phenomenal package with all the things (even loopholes) working for them. This year (so far) we have the exact situation with Merc. I would even hazard to say that you could put Hulk or Bottas in the Hamster's Merc and they would shine just because of the total package.

With that driver is best logic you can just as well say the Sharks are at the top of the S15 because Bismarck is so good.. KAK!

You are preacing to the converted. I (and Viva) have been saying for ages that most of Vettel's achievements were down to the car, just like the Merc this year. We have said before that you could have put anybody in that RBR and they would win. Difference is that everybody were "kakking" on us for saying that. Having said that, the jury is still out on whether anybody else would have been able to put that Ferrari on the podium. It was the same last year and the year before. It was the opinion of others with much more F1 acumen than all of us on here, put together, that few other drivers would have been able to equal or better Alonso in that Ferrari. Edited by vlagman

Sekere mense vergeet doelbewus Vettel se podium die jaar.

Ek vergeet dit nie, en ek vergeet dit nog minder doelbewus. Jy ignoreer die feit dat Vettel se spanmaat aanhoudend sy naam gat maak.

Vettel se spanmaat het nog nie n podium nie of het jy dit ook vergeet?

As jy tevrede is dat hy een podium het, maar hy sien verder keer op keer sy gat, is ek bly vir jou part. Doe zo voort. LOL.

Guest Viva Alonso

Verlede jaar toe Spook wou gesels toe sit jy hom op ignore. Nou dat hy nie meer deelneem nie is jy windgat en het baie te sê. Tipies pisgat.

haha nee Spook kon of wou nie gesels nie, hyt net soos jy al om sy eie gat geargumenteer sonder feite of bewyse lol... maar ek kan sien dat jy dink hy wou "gesels" ..... btw ek het hom ignore oor hy my gereeld gevloek het sodra hy nie antwoorde gehad het nie.

Guest Viva Alonso

How I would have loved to see Hulk in the second Ferrari, Kimi is battling and we keep on seeing Hulk in his Force India fighting Alonso in most races.

As for giving Vettel a bit of stick seeing his lessor teammate is schooling him .... Im under no illusion that if Kimi was beating alonso this forum would have gone up in FLAMES haha .... so let me enjoy it lol

Edited by Viva Alonso

haha nee Spook kon of wou nie gesels nie, hyt net soos jy al om sy eie gat geargumenteer sonder feite of bewyse lol... maar ek kan sien dat jy dink hy wou "gesels" ..... btw ek het hom ignore oor hy my gereeld gevloek het sodra hy nie antwoorde gehad het nie.

Miskien moet jy hom dan aanhou ignore. 

As jy tevrede is dat hy een podium het, maar hy sien verder keer op keer sy gat, is ek bly vir jou part. Doe zo voort. LOL.

Ek is tevrede ja. Ons het nou nie meer n agteros in Webber nie.

Snaaks dat Vettel voor sy spanmaat is, siende dat hy sy gat sien of hoe Vlaggie.

Ek sien jy sukkel nog steeds om mooi te verstaan. Ricciardo is eenmaal van 'n helse klomp punte beroof as gevolg van sy span se kortsigtigheid. In plaas van om tevrede te wees met 'n vierde of vyde plek, het hulle bseluit om te verneuk en het hulle hom 'n klomp punte gekos.

Dit is egter nie belangrik nie. Wat wel belangrik is, is dat Ricciardo hom reeds drie uit vier keer gewen het hierdie jaar. Die enigste keer wat Vettel gewen het, het Ricciardo se kar "onverklaarbaar" opgepak. In my boek beteken dit dat Ricciardo op hierdie stadium besig is om Vettel se gat te skop. Vettel se immers self so, maar wat weet hy in elk geval? Hy moet net met jou gesels. Jy sal hom gou gou reghelp, of hoe? LOL.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Denny
    Newest Member
    Denny