Owen Meany

Vettel 2014

Guest Viva Alonso   
Guest Viva Alonso

Has Flavio been reading this forum?

Haha .... yes Flavio also "follows" me lol

How do you like my new signature lol .......... need to get a nice pic for my profile pic

Edited by Viva Alonso

vlagman    992

Haha .... yes Flavio also "follows" me lol

How do you like my new signature lol .......... need to get a nice pic for my profile pic

I will wait for the official one. I have to change my pic. I had a whole string and Hawk created the gif for me. I had The Bulls, The Titans, Springboks, Proteas, Arsenal, Ferrari, Alonso and London Irish, IIRC, LOL. I need to add Toulon and swap Ferrari for McLaren.

Guest Viva Alonso   
Guest Viva Alonso

I will wait for the official one. I have to change my pic. I had a whole string and Hawk created the gif for me. I had The Bulls, The Titans, Springboks, Proteas, Arsenal, Ferrari, Alonso and London Irish, IIRC, LOL. I need to add Toulon and swap Ferrari for McLaren.

Im looking forward to the good old days when we took Ferrari apart haha

..... Come to think of it.... Im missing the "Hamster bashing" also...... dang! why did he have to grow on me??? (pass the drain cleaner) lol

Hawk_Eye    1,458

This time round it's gonna cost you... :36_11_6:

Guest Viva Alonso   
Guest Viva Alonso

vett-redb-shan-2014-886x595.jpg

“This is the corner where Ricciardo overtook me…”

Hahha love it!

Guest Viva Alonso   
Guest Viva Alonso

Gary Anderson on AS

"As far as new boy Vettel, and its driver line-up in general, are concerned, Ferrari might just have bitten off more than it can chew.

Michael Schumacher was one of the best drivers that I have seen at adapting to a car's characteristics. He always drove the wheels off what he had on a Sunday afternoon and Fernando Alonso is not far behind him, as we saw during his time with Ferrari.

Now take Kimi Raikkonen; he struggles if the car is not to his liking. He can't cope with understeer and we saw during his Lotus days he also needs the feedback from the steering to be just as he wants it otherwise he is basically nowhere.

Vettel also needs a car that suits his style. He was fantastic at how he used the cars with the exhaust-blown diffuser but when that was taken away for 2014 he still kept trying to drive the car in the same way and the on-power grip level in the corner just wasn't there anymore.

At Red Bull, he had Adrian Newey, who designs and builds a car to be driven in a certain way and who understands what his car is capable of, making him able to relate that to the driver.

At Ferrari I don't think he has that person, so I expect life to be tough for him for a while."

Guest DennisL   
Guest DennisL

Gary Anderson on AS

"As far as new boy Vettel, and its driver line-up in general, are concerned, Ferrari might just have bitten off more than it can chew.

Michael Schumacher was one of the best drivers that I have seen at adapting to a car's characteristics. He always drove the wheels off what he had on a Sunday afternoon and Fernando Alonso is not far behind him, as we saw during his time with Ferrari.

Now take Kimi Raikkonen; he struggles if the car is not to his liking. He can't cope with understeer and we saw during his Lotus days he also needs the feedback from the steering to be just as he wants it otherwise he is basically nowhere.

Vettel also needs a car that suits his style. He was fantastic at how he used the cars with the exhaust-blown diffuser but when that was taken away for 2014 he still kept trying to drive the car in the same way and the on-power grip level in the corner just wasn't there anymore.

At Red Bull, he had Adrian Newey, who designs and builds a car to be driven in a certain way and who understands what his car is capable of, making him able to relate that to the driver.

At Ferrari I don't think he has that person, so I expect life to be tough for him for a while."

You switching allegiances Viva?  What's with the McLaren Honda thingie?

Guest Viva Alonso   
Guest Viva Alonso

Dennis it was a quote from Gary Anderson on Auto Sport.

Yes Im done with the little red fiats ..... exciting times ahead at Honda!

Guest Jolly Joker   
Guest Jolly Joker

Hoesê?

Ek het iets gepost wat all klaar in 'n ander thread gepost was.

Edited by Jolly Joker

Mata Hari    505

He's moved with Alonso. Well I moved with Seb have always said support a driver as opposed to a car....

Guest Viva Alonso   
Guest Viva Alonso

Interesting....

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner has revealed that Sebastian Vettel considered quitting Formula One after changes in the regulations saw him suffer a downturn in form.

Following four consecutive world championships, Vettel struggled to fifth in the drivers' standings in 2014 and failed to win a race. He struggled to adapt to F1's new regulations, which included a new engine and a significant drop in the amount of downforce, while team-mate Daniel Ricciardo had a breakthrough year. 

Vettel left Red Bull for Ferrari over the winter and his old boss Horner has given some insight into the four-time champion's struggle last year. 

"Seb didn't enjoy the regulation changes," Horner was quoted by the Guardian . "He didn't enjoy the new engine, the feel from the new system, the power unit, the brake by wire, the lack of downforce. You could tell he wasn't happy. He was preoccupied and to compound that his team-mate [Daniel Ricciardo] won three races. There was that feeling 'am I enjoying this as much as I thought I was?' 

"It was like someone had taken his toy away. It took him a while to get to grips with that. It was not something he was used to. He went through a period of disillusionment about the direction Formula One was going in. There was a stage last year when he thought whether he wanted to stop or not, whether he was getting the same level of enjoyment or not and whether or not he wanted to continue. 

"He was just unhappy with the direction Formula One had gone. His previous four years had been so successful for him in a car he loved driving - and then suddenly things were very different. It raised some questions he had to deal with. He went back to basics and drove a kart in the middle of the year to get back to the bare essence of why he was a grand prix driver and rediscovered his passion for being a grand prix driver. 

"We saw a little bit of it at the start if 2012 when the regulations were changed about the exhaust-blown diffuser, Horner said. "At the beginning of that year he won in Bahrain but it took him to the flyaways at the end of the year to win his second race and it was only when we found some performance around the rear of the car that it opened up his envelope for him." 

But Horner said there were no hard feelings about Vettel leaving for Ferrari. 

"His boyhood hero was Michael [schumacher] and of course there was the lure of Ferrari. For any driver - the brand, the history, the mystique, is immensely powerful. And I think Sebastian felt the timing was right in his career. He needed that stimulus of a new challenge." 

Owen Meany    559

RICCIARDO: VETTEL WAS NEVER GOING TO LEAVE F1

30 January, 2015 5 Comments

Sebastian+Vettel+Daniel+Ricciardo

Red Bull’s defacto leading driver Daniel Ricciardo has contradicted his boss Christian Horner’s claims that Sebastian Vettel came close to quitting Formula 1 last year.

Horner, the team chief at Red Bull, caused a stir this week when he told the media that amid the quadruple world champion’s struggles to match Ricciardo in 2014, the German thought about retiring before deciding to switch to Ferrari.

But quotes attributed to Vettel in the German press insist any stories of quitting have been “taken out of context and exaggerated”.

Sebastian+Vettel+Daniel+Ricciardo+F1+Grand+VrX0HAnSkwpx

And Australian Ricciardo, who will now lead Red Bull from the cockpit in 2015, also doubts that Vettel seriously thought about leaving formula one.

“From what I saw he was never going to leave,” he told Britain’s Sky. “He’s way too passionate about the sport to just walk away.”

“With Ferrari this year he’s going to have a challenge,” Ricciardo added, “but I think he’ll come out of his shell some more and try and get them going again.”

Mata Hari    505

<script pagespeed_no_defer="" type="text/javascript">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://www.supersupporter.net/index.php?s=d8ff84ce946f3d941a1cac1b9bb82ff2&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=11158&p=388306&md5check=7a1667f07e45c27f0f3fd9aadb1ac6c8&isRte=1,InOITFMIJR,true,false,m5ILnYpPbog'); //]]></script>B8xLcFECAAAP4ny.jpg&&0

Vettel missed out on this ugly duckling...

Eish....oh well it's as Viva says.,..looks don't count now... :110104_emM5_prv[1]:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    sharleen
    Newest Member
    sharleen