Owen Meany

Vettel 2014

Guest Viva Alonso   
Guest Viva Alonso

wrong thread? Aus 2014 maybe? LOL

Yes! .... sorry I always try and stay "topic" related ... that's why I enjoy other forums so much, meant to post in Aus thread must have clicked on wrong one lol

Mata Hari    483

Yes! .... sorry I always try and stay "topic" related ... that's why I enjoy other forums so much, meant to post in Aus thread must have clicked on wrong one lol

It was the Vettel name.... :15_8_217:

:36_11_6:

Guest Viva Alonso   
Guest Viva Alonso

haha .... its the only way we can get anyone to post here ... just mention his name and they crawl out of the woodwork lol

vettel ..... vettel .... vettel .....

Mata Hari    483

haha .... its the only way we can get anyone to post here ... just mention his name and they crawl out of the woodwork lol

vettel ..... vettel .... vettel .....

Go enjoy quali!

DbDraad    595

Not all doom and gloom for RBR. Looks like the car is already up there with the best. Before the rain and durhing the rain, so it would seem that it would come down to reliability for them. Gonna be interesting tomorrow. I suspect Vettel will go out on the hard compound if it does not rain?

• Like 1

vlagman    914

Not all doom and gloom for RBR. Looks like the car is already up there with the best. Before the rain and durhing the rain, so it would seem that it would come down to reliability for them. Gonna be interesting tomorrow. I suspect Vettel will go out on the hard compound if it does not rain?

That is what all of us have been waiting for.

Guest Viva Alonso   
Guest Viva Alonso

Yes based on what we saw thus far.... the RBR looks a lot better in qualifying trim.... will have to wait and see how they will do in the Race, but as I have said in the testing thread... "they will be back" ..... and .... "I would prefer having them competitive"

Wonder what the hell was wrong with Vettel though?..... if Ricci keeps this up Ill be his biggest fan lol

DbDraad    595

Vettel is not up to terms with the power of the car yet. He is a quick study, so don't expect him to struggle too long. Keep in mind, it is Ricardo's home GP.

vlagman    914

Yes based on what we saw thus far.... the RBR looks a lot better in qualifying trim.... will have to wait and see how they will do in the Race, but as I have said in the testing thread... "they will be back" ..... and .... "I would prefer having them competitive"

Wonder what the hell was wrong with Vettel though?..... if Ricci keeps this up Ill be his biggest fan lol

Software problems, apparently. He said that he had "drive-ability" issues, IIRC.

Guest Viva Alonso   
Guest Viva Alonso

Software problems, apparently. He said that he had "drive-ability" issues, IIRC.

Must be missing his EBD and Exhaust blowing engine mapping lol ...

Mata Hari    483

Dont they have to use tyres from Q2? I think Vettel was on inters?

Mata Hari    483

Vettel is not up to terms with the power of the car yet. He is a quick study, so don't expect him to struggle too long. Keep in mind, it is Ricardo's home GP.

Yip, and EVERYONE has to finish the race - before quali people were saying 50% finishing race would be 'lucky' ?

Mata Hari    483

Must be missing his EBD and Exhaust blowing engine mapping lol ...

:emot11:  :15_4_129: ha ha ha.....!!!!

Hoe se Vlagman, "Kak lekker terwyl jou pens vol is"..... :36_11_6:  :15_8_217:

Edited by Mata Hari

Owen Meany    552

Vettel sees bright side to unlucky 13

Although visibly annoyed, even Sebastian Vettel late on Saturday could see the bright side under gloomy skies in Melbourne.

The reigning world champion is unlucky 13th on the Melbourne grid, while his teammate Daniel Ricciardo delighted the partisan crowd by driving through Red Bull's crisis and splitting the dominant Mercedes cars with P2.

"This shows what our car can do," Vettel told German television RTL.

Red Bull's Dr Helmut Marko agreed: "Our car is good, as we have seen (with Ricciardo).

"Again we have had a software problem with Sebastian, so the poor performance, it was purely a software problem," he insisted.

Owen Meany    552

Newey finds loophole to hide FIA nose camera

redbull-nose-camera-rg.jpg

Red Bull nose camera 

Photo: Auto Motor und Sport

Red Bull may have had a disastrous winter, but designer Adrian Newey's attention to detail is as sharp as ever in 2014.

Keen-eyed observers noticed throughout the winter and again in Melbourne on Friday that the new RB10 did not have the FIA camera mountings installed as per normal.

Because it was only testing, the nose configuration was not 'illegal' at Jerez or in Bahrain, but the camera mountings are mandatory at the actual grands prix.

So how is Red Bull getting away with it in Melbourne?

A much closer look at the nose of the Newey-penned 2014 car at Albert Park reveals that a hole for the television camera lens has been cut between the 'Casio' and 'Pirelli' logos in the nose.

The disguised FIA camera in the Red Bull can be seen courtesy of Germany's Auto Motor und Sport

"The trick by aerodynamics guru Newey, who reads the rules carefully, means no inconvenient parts are in the wind," said correspondent Michael Schmidt.

The rules say the mountings must not be located inside the carbon structure, but Newey has found a loophole by putting the camera inside the 'vanity panel', a non-structural covering introduced last year to hide the unseemly nose steps.

Newey's solution also means Formula One Management can no longer use the Red Bull for a rearward-facing television view, whose images last year led to suggestions the title-winning 2013 car had an illegally bending floor.

(GMM)

vlagman    914

Dont they have to use tyres from Q2? I think Vettel was on inters?

The use of wet weather tyres in qualli changes the entire scenario AFAIK.

Mata Hari    483

The use of wet weather tyres in qualli changes the entire scenario AFAIK.

Yes, apologies forgot about the wet weather....but only if it's raining at time of start of race surely? If it's 'dryish' before the race then they use q2 tyres?

In fact on another website some guys saying Ricciardo did well because he went onto inters timeously while those around him had wet tyres (can't recall re the others) and that in dry weather RBR would still be about 2 secs behind Mercedes....

Edited by Mata Hari

vlagman    914

If they used inters in Q2, are you saying that they have to start in the same inters in the race, even if the sun is shining and the track  is bone dry?

Mata Hari    483

If they used inters in Q2, are you saying that they have to start in the same inters in the race, even if the sun is shining and the track  is bone dry?

Well I think that's one of the new rules (using q2 tyres?) so I'm trying to figure it out if that's what it means....or does the rule fall totally away if it's sunny and they choose their tyres 'from scratch'....?

Edited by Mata Hari

vlagman    914

Well I think that's one of the new rules (using q2 tyres?) so I'm trying to figure it out if that's what it means....or does the rule fall totally away if it's sunny and they choose their tyres 'from scratch'....?

Nothing new in the rules. That part has always been the same. It was in the previous rules as well, bar the Q2/Q3 difference from this year onwards. Was waiting to see if you would find it, but here it is:

e) At the start of the race each car which qualified for Q3 must be fitted with the tyres with which the driver set his fastest time during Q2. This will only be necessary if dry-weather tyres were used to set the grid time and if dry-weather tyres are used at the start of the race.

The underlined part was applicable to the previous rules as well.

Mata Hari    483

Nothing new in the rules. That part has always been the same. It was in the previous rules as well, bar the Q2/Q3 difference from this year onwards. Was waiting to see if you would find it, but here it is:

e) At the start of the race each car which qualified for Q3 must be fitted with the tyres with which the driver set his fastest time during Q2. This will only be necessary if dry-weather tyres were used to set the grid time and if dry-weather tyres are used at the start of the race.

The underlined part was applicable to the previous rules as well.

Thanks

Would you mind posting a link where I can find the rules for future reference?

vlagman    914

It is actually a bit complicated. You have the Sporting regulations and the Technical regulations. Simply put, it boils down to the Sporting regulations dealing with the "race rules" while technical regulations deal with the cars. They have summarized versions as well as the full FIA rules on the Formula 1 website.

This is a link to this issue about the tyres in the full FIA rules. You will note that this particular issue is not quite clear from the summarized version. You will find  links to the different sections of the rules on the right hand side of both the full rules and the summarized rules.

Mata Hari    483

It is actually a bit complicated. You have the Sporting regulations and the Technical regulations. Simply put, it boils down to the Sporting regulations dealing with the "race rules" while technical regulations deal with the cars. They have summarized versions as well as the full FIA rules on the Formula 1 website.

This is a link to this issue about the tyres in the full FIA rules. You will note that this particular issue is not quite clear from the summarized version. You will find  links to the different sections of the rules on the right hand side of both the full rules and the summarized rules.

Thanks Vlag

As jy nie seker is nie kan jy maar net vir my vra Mata.

Dankie Owen ek voel altyd onnosel op die forum synde ek nie noodwendig die reels en praktyke ken nie, maar nou ja...

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Radiance Space
    Newest Member
    Radiance Space