J1M1

Rugby World Cup 2015

Something to look forward to..........runners up pool A a choice between England/Australia/Wales.

Let's see if we get the tickets as requested

Sat, 17 Oct 16:00

QF1: W Pool B v RU Pool A

Twickenham Stadium

Category D

4 Adult @ £95.00

£380.00

I'll be popping the cherry - sounds like a good venue.

It's dangerous but i'm assuming the Boks win pool B..........

i made it to The Arms Park back in 1992......but it was a week day so we just got to see the place - it was old even then.

We did drink a lot of BRAINS SA..........

I hope South Africa or NZ lose a pool match, just in case both of them progress past QF, thus not meeting in SF, but the final we all want on neutral ground.

I hope South Africa or NZ lose a pool match, just in case both of them progress past QF, thus not meeting in SF, but the final we all want on neutral ground.

They'll have to fly in a referee from Mars...just to satisfy the experts.

Germany call up for Melck

Saracens back rower Justin Melck has been called up to play for Germany in their European Championship clash against Sweden in Stockholm on Saturday 26th April.

Melck who qualifies for Germany through his mother, spoke to the DVR website about his call-up; “I don’t know a lot about German rugby, but the national team is having a very successful World Cup qualifying so far.  Since my youth I have visited Germany regularly with my parents to visit my cousins ​​and grandparents so to get to represent them at this stage of my rugby career is very nice.“

On his inclusion , German coach Kobus Potgeiter commented; “Justin is a player with a lot of experience . From him we can all only benefit and I ‘m very excited to see how he fits into our game plan”.

Melck has made 77 appearances for Saracens since making his debut against London Wasps in 2009.

Bad news - No tickets allocated as applied for............not one - not even Boks vs Japan........apparently totally all over-subscribed.

Ah well..........Turkey is probably a cheaper, & much warmer substitute.

Bad news - No tickets allocated as applied for............not one - not even Boks vs Japan........apparently totally all over-subscribed.

Ah well..........Turkey is probably a cheaper, & much warmer substitute.

The usual BS. The tour operators buy up all the tickets.

The usual BS. The tour operators buy up all the tickets.

I think you're right...........and the scalpers will probably make a fortune, but not out of me - i work too hard for my money.

Besides..........Turkey we don't need a visa :15_8_217:

Please educate me. Why would anyone wanna go to Turkey?

It's old & probably interesting;i haven't been there before; the Rand will at least buy me a few dops; the water is warm & the beaches look good.............but you're right - there's a lot of other places besides the UK where i can spend my money

It's old & probably interesting;i haven't been there before; the Rand will at least buy me a few dops; the water is warm & the beaches look good.............but you're right - there's a lot of other places besides the UK where i can spend my money

We enjoyed Turkey. The men are dogs but the food is good. And the historical countryside is quite memorable. We visited Ephesus  amongst others - Troy is overrated but if you're in that direction...Ephesus was really incredible. Weather warm (when you going?) Istanbul...eish can easily spend a week there. Watch out though for some of the politics...;.I hear it's boiling over into Turkey, but actually the Turkish people are not necessarily staunch active Moslems...or so the guides told us. Admittedly both guides were female

:)

You'll note the waiters and chefs are mostly men...women dont have many position there...

Nope. He's done.

Which brings the next question.......who will replace him as skipper?

I see Matfield side stepped the question at the airport.

Going forward.....I was always of the opinion that Victor was to be be more of a "stop-gap" this year because of lock injuries but going by recent comments, it would seem he is definitely in the WC plans. This worries me a bit because if looked "old" this year, he's going to be bloody ancient by the time the world cup comes around.

Edited by Stu

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Denny
    Newest Member
    Denny