Owen Meany

Die Bulle van 2015

Owen Meany    552

IMG_5081.ab5fd21c.jpg

VODACOM BULLS vs. TOYOTA CHEETAHS IN POLOKWANE

articles.comments (2)

Polokwane rugby fans are once again in for a treat, as the Vodacom Bulls today announced that they will be taking on the Toyota Cheetahs in a Vodacom Super Rugby warmup match, hosted by the Polokwane Municipality, at the Peter Mokaba Stadium.

With kick off set for 17h00 on 24 January 2015, and a host of activities that will pre-ceed, the scene will be poised for an epic encounter between these two rugby giants. Both teams will be looking to assert a bit of early dominance over their rivals, and will no doubt be looking to send a positive pre-season message to their fans.

The Vodacom Bulls will take to the impressive 45 000-seater World Cup stadium for the fourth consecutive year. This fixture forms part of a partnership between the Blue Bulls Company (BBCo) and the Polokwane Municipality which is aimed at generating funds for tertiary students in the Province.

Barend van Graan, CEO of the Blue Bulls Company, said that the Polokwane fixture has fast become one of the highlights of their pre-season preparations: “It’s always a real pleasure for our team to play in Polokwane.  The professionalism shown by the organsing committee is always of the highest standard, and reception we recieve from the fans is also something that our players and management really look forward to. It’s also a great specticle for all the rugby fans in Polokwane, as most of them are not able to travel for to Pretoria or Bloemfontein for Vodacom Super Rugby games. But most importantly, we are honoured that by participating in this match, we can assist in enabling young learners to further their education.”

Polokwane Executive Mayor, Cllr Thembi Nkadimeng said besides entertainment for the fans, “the game presents a welcome opportunity for the municipality to raise funds for tertiary students who will in future assist it in realising the 2030 Smart City Vision. Our appreciation goes to the Blue Bulls Company for their continued partnership on this journey”. 

Ticketing

Tickets are on sale at the stadium and at Computicket outlets countrywide, by booking online atwww.computicket.com or by dialling 0861 951 8000. Tickets cost R120 (Grand Stand), R80 (East Stand) or R60 for North & South stand and R30 for scholars.

Parking tickets, will be on sale at Computicket for R20.00

Edited by James Hunt
Fix title

vlagman    915

Lol.

Actually I predict good season for the bulle next year.

Ja well. Remember what I said in 2012? I gave them two to three years to recover. I do not have a lot of hope TBH.

Owen Meany    552

Under 19s welcomed to the Vodacom Blue Bulls family

articles.comments (2)

It’s probably one of the more exciting times of the year at Loftus Versfeld, a time when young men take their first steps towards living out their dreams as professional rugby players.

The Vodacom Blue Bulls welcomed a new group of young talent to the Bulls family at an emotional and inspiring orientation ceremony at Loftus Versfeld on Monday 5 January 2015. The young players, together with their parents and loved ones, soaked up every moment of their official welcome as they were addressed by a host of dignitaries and officials. Those in attendance included: all the under 19 coaching and management staff, head coach Frans Ludeke, CEO Barend van Graan, members of the board of directors, and other members of senior management.

Blue Bulls Company CEO, Barend van Graan talked the youngsters through an overall summary of the brand, and gave them a few wise words of advice, while firmly stressing the importance of studying and education while playing rugby: “There is absolutely no excuse for neglecting your studies during your rugby career, as it is essential that you be prepared for life after rugby as well. We have formed a great partnership with TUKS that is structured to assist our young players to further their education.”

High performance manager Xander Janse van Rensburg, spoke with a wisdom beyond his years as he delivered an inspirational presentation: “There are two types of people in this world. Those that sit back waiting for ‘something’ to happen, and those that go out there and make ‘that something’ happen for themselves.”

The Blue Bulls Company together with the Blue Bulls rugby Union would like to extend a warm welcome to the youngsters, and wish them well as they embark on their rugby careers.

VODACOM BLUE BULLS UNDER 19 SQUAD

(Name and Surname, Position, School, Weight, Height)

GAVIN VAN DEN BERG: PROP, PAARL GYM, 120 KG, 1,87 M

DP DU PLESSIS: PROP, AFFIES, 120 KG, 1,96 M

MADOT MABOKELA: PROP, BEN VOSTER, 110 KG, 1,84 M

FRANCO VAN DEN BERG: PROP/HOOKER, RANDBURG, 105 KG, 1,82 M

JAN-HENNING CAMPHER: HOOKER, GARSFONTEIN, 102 KG, 1,86 M

ALANDRE VAN ROOYEN: HOOKER, NICO MALAN, 110 KG, 1,85 M

WYNAND DE NECKER: PROP , OUTENIQUA, 115 KG, 1,86 M

ADRIAN PARSONS: PROP, ST ANDREWS COLLEGE, 125 KG, 1,85 M

ROHAN GOOSEN: PROP, MENLOPARK, 118KG, 1,88 M

JACOBUS HOLTZHAUZEN: PROP, MONUMENT, 108KG, 1,86 M

ASHTON FORTUIN: LOCK/LOOSEFORWARD, SOUTHDOWNS COLLEGE, 107KG, 1,94 M

JD FOURIE: LOCK , DIAMANTVELD, 106KG, 1,98 M

SAM MITCHELL: LOCK , BISHOPS, 110KG, 1,97 M

ELI SNYMAN: LOCK , ST JOHNS COLLEGE HARARE, 108KG, 2,01 M

JUSTIN MEINTJIES: LOOSE FORWARD, MENLOPARK, 100KG, 1,85 M

ARNOLD GERBER: LOOSE FORWARD, MENLOPARK, 97KG, 1,88 M

LUIGY VAN JAARSVELD: LOOSE FORWARD, MARLOW LANDBOU, 97KG, 1,88 M

DEVON HENSON: LOOSE FORWARD, ST JOHNS COLLEGE, 106 KG, 1,93 M

SVEN VAN NIEKERK: LOCK, BEN VOSTER, 108KG, 2,01 M

DENZEL HILL: LOOSE FORWARD, JEPPE, 102KG, 1,90M

MAURICE WHITE: SCRUMHALF, OAKDALE LANDBOU, 90 KG, 1,79 M

STEPHAN ENSLIN: SCRUMHALF, HTS MIDDELBURG, 83 KG, 1,83 M

KEANEN TARENTAAL: SCRUMHALF, OUTENIQUA, 70 KG, 1,78 M

DALE HENDRICKS: FLYHALF, AFFIES, 77 KG, 1,78 M

RUBEN DE VOS: FLYHALF, MUIR COLLEGE, 73 KG, 1,75 M

TINUS DE BEER: FLYHALF, WATERKLOOF, 87 KG, 1,78 M

ARNO MAREE: FLYHALF, GARSFONTEIN, 98 KG, 1,86 M

CONEREE POOLE: CENTRE / WING, GARSFONTEIN, 88 KG, 1,78 M

ANDRI COOPER: CENTRE / FLYHALF/FULLBACK , PAARL GYM, 98 KG, 1,86 M

FRANCO NAUDE: CENTRE , GARSFONTEIN, 97 KG, 1,87 M

JT JACKSON: CENTRE , OAKDALE LANDBOU, 97 KG, 1,89 M

RUAN DE BEER: CENTRE / WING / FULLBACK , MENLOPARK, 89 KG, 1,84 M

DIVAN ROSSOUW: CENTRE / FULLBACK , WINDHOEK GYMNASIUM, 86 KG, 1,87 M

JERRY DUNQUA: WING , QUEENS COLLEGE, 93 KG, 1,76 M

CURTLEY PRINS: WING , OUTENIQUA, 89 KG, 1,82 M

CHIPISU MAHASHA: WING , BEN VOSTER, 80 KG, 1,83 M

NKOSIKHONA CECIL NTEBE: WING , PEARSON, 90 KG, 1,86 M

CORNE DE KLERK: FULLBACK , OUTENIQUA, 105 KG, 1,91 M

BRENDAN OWEN: FULLBACK , ST ANDREWS COLLEGE, 86 KG , 1,89 M

KURT WEBSTER: FLYHALF, DHS, 72KG, 1,74M

Owen Meany    552

Vodacom Bulls Fitness Report – presented by Medihelp

articles.comments (5)

Vodacom Bulls Fitness Report – presented by Medihelp

Spies to return to field next week

Springboks Pierre Spies, Arno Botha, Handrè Pollard, Marcel van der Merwe and Adriaan Strauss will all return to Vodacom Bulls training from next week onwards, it was confirmed in Pretoria on Tuesday.

The Vodacom Bulls squad assembled in Pretoria on Monday to prepare for the 2015 Vodacom Super Rugby season, but a couple of senior players will only join the fray later this month.

Spies and Botha, who missed almost the whole of 2014 due to a bicep and knee injury respectively, will re-join the squad next Monday, as will fullback Jurgen Visser, who missed most of the Absa Currie Cup campaign with a foot injury. Van der Merwe, who recovered from a knee injury, will start on Monday as well team doctor Org Strauss confirmed.

Pollard (foot) and Strauss (calf) is due back on 19 January.

Burger Odendaal (foot), Jaco Visagie (knee), Grant Hatting (ankle), Dries Swanepoel (Achilles) and Jason Jenkins (quad) will all join on Monday, 12 January.

•Springbok lock and 2014 Vodacom Bulls captain Flip van der Merwe is only expected back on 15 April. He recovered from a knee operation, but injured a pectoral muscle in pre-season. Props Basil Short (pectoral muscle, 2 Feb) and Hencus van Wyk (knee) will be back on 28 February.

Junior Springboks prop Pierre Schoeman is the only other long term injury and will be out for six months after sustaining a knee injury. He will undergo an operation on Wednesday.

Guest fr1dg3   
Guest fr1dg3

This is suppose to be a good year for the Bulls.  With the backs they have at their disposal and Arno Botha back in the forwards it can only be better than last season.

Oh and hi everone i havent been here for a while.

Compliments of the new year and all those nice things people say to each other! :kiss-my-ass:

Guest fr1dg3   
Guest fr1dg3

No im not.  He is probably all roided up and ready to go 4 times the size he was last year.

But he is our Captain so i should probably just keep quiet and say yay.

Mata Hari    483

Well he can only be better as a "Captain" than the ones we've been playing around with in his absence. Rumours he's going to JApan or is that now old (false?) news...?

Edited by Mata Hari

Guest fr1dg3   
Guest fr1dg3

Well he can only be better as a "Captain" than the ones we've been playing around with in his absence. Rumours he's going to JApan or is that now old (false?) news...?

I appreciate everything he has given in his career he has been a fantastic Bull and Springbok, but its sort of time for him to move over.  If he was playing at this best then sure im more than happy for him to stay in the team.  But with Botha back and the heaps of youngsters at the Bulls its harder and harded to justify a starting spot for him.  That said he might find his form again.

I wont be suprised if he does a Japan trip or 2.  Money is good and it seems our Southern hemisphere boys enjoy it there.

Stu    863

Flip was a good skipper......and now Matfield can take over.

• Like 1

vlagman    915

Flip was a good skipper......and now Matfield can take over.

And we now have Adriaan Strauss as well.

Stu    863

The Bulls definitely have the players to do well this year. Is Ludeke still coach?

Owen Meany    552
Super Rugby: Bulls – Jamba Ulengo eager to shine in 2015
Published 12 January 2015 | By grootblousmile
Jamba-Ulengo-2014-007.jpg

Jamba Ulengo

Wing Jamba Ulengo hopes to make a big impact for the Bulls this season.

A move to Pretoria in July last year emphasised the 25-year-old’s rise in the South African rugby ranks.

After emerging as a notable rugby talent at Jim Fouche in Bloemfontein, he represented Free State at Under 16, Under 18, Under 19 and Under 21 levels and impressed in Shimlas colours during the Varsity Cup.

His impressive attacking qualities saw him receive a Springbok Sevens call-up in 2012. He played for the Blitzbokke in 11 tournaments before deciding to sign with the Bulls, which he describes as an exciting new chapter in his career.

Sport24

“The move to the Bulls is a big opportunity for me to express myself and to showcase my talent,” Ulengo said. “It’s a great chance for me to see how far I can really go with my rugby.”

Born and bred in Bloemfontein, Ulengo said he’s already settled in quite nicely in Pretoria.

“Life in Pretoria isn’t much different compared to Bloemfontein,” he explained. “It’s all about how one fits in and adapts to your surroundings. I’ve made friends with many of the younger players, while I learn a lot from the likes of Bandise Maku and Akona Ndungane. Their experience and advice is invaluable.”

The Bulls enjoyed two-week break over the festive season, but Ulengo decided to continue training during this time to ensure he’s in good shape for the 2015 season.

“We had a bit of a break and I visited my family over Christmas, but I continued training. I want to prove myself this year,” Ulengo said. “I hope to earn my opportunities during Super Rugby this season. I want to perform well, make a valuable contribution and play the best rugby I can. If I can achieve this, I believe more opportunities will come my way.”

While Ulengo is focused on performing on the field, he’s keeping himself busy off it too. He’s busy studying marketing through UNISA, which will set the platform for life after rugby.

“The degree will definitely support me after rugby. I’d love to start my own business one day. I see myself going into transport, although I also want to explore my options in other companies.”

Owen Meany    552

Minste toeskouers in 13 jaar op Blou Bulle se heiligdom

Deur Cobus Claassen Dinsdag 13 Januarie 2015 5:00 vm.

Foto: Deaan Vivier

Daar het 13 seisoene gelede so min ondersteuners deur Loftus Versfeld se hekke beweeg as wat in 2014 die geval was.

En ná 34% minder mense die Bulle verlede jaar op Loftus ondersteun het, word daar gemaan oor die dramatiese afname in toeskouers.

Luidens die Blou Bulle Rugbyunie (BBRU) se jaarverslag vir 2014, het 427 026 mense op Loftus rugby en sokker gekyk (een sokkerwedstryd moes met die opstel van die verslag nog aan die einde van die jaar gespeel word).

Dit is aansienlik minder as die 485 154 mense wat in 2013 deur die stadion se hekke is. Dié syfer het boonop vyf sokkerwedstryde se getalle uitgesluit, soos aangedui in die vorige jaar se verslag.

Dit is in skrille kontras met die meer as een miljoen mense wat Loftus in 2007 volgepak het toe die Bulle vir die eerste keer die Superrugby-kroon verower het.

Barend van Graan, die Blou Bulle Maatskappy (BBM) se uitvoerende hoof, sê in sy verslag daar is groot kommer oor die “dramatiese afname in die rugbybevolking op Loftus”.

Die Bulle het in 2013 ’n gemiddeld van 24 619 toeskouers per wedstryd gelok. Dit het verlede seisoen tot 16 434 gedaal – ’n skerp afname van 34%.

Van Graan het gister gesê dit het die Bulle se geldsake ’n “gevoelige knou” gegee, maar sê hy het nie die mandaat om syfers te noem nie.

Die grootste daling is in die Superrugby-reeks ervaar, waar sowat 11 000 minder toeskouers (37%) per wedstryd opgedaag het. Sowat 26% minder ondersteuners het die Bulle se Curriebeker-wedstryde in Pretoria bygewoon.

Die feit dat meer toeskouers sokkerwedstryde op die stadion bygewoon het, sal die BBM stof tot nadenke gee.

Daar word in die verslag aangedui dit kan toegeskryf word aan die puik seisoen wat Mamelodi Sundowns gehad het.

In 2013 het sokkerondersteuners net 27% van Loftus se totale bywoningsyfer uitgemaak, maar dit het verlede jaar tot 46% gestyg.

Sundowns se gemiddelde bywoningsyfer van 12 309 is die naaste tot nog toe aan die Bulle s’n (16 434) sedert sokkerwedstryde op Loftus gespeel word, word in die verslag uitgewys.

John Newbury, voorsitter van die BBM-raad, sê die Bulle se onbestendige vertonings het duidelik ’n regstreekse invloed op kaartjieverkope gehad.

Hy sê stygende spelersuitgawes en algemene ekonomiese druk was bykomende faktore wat die BBM in 2014 moes trotseer.

“Die Bulle se ondersteuners het deur weg te bly ’n duidelike boodskap gehad dat die span beter sal moet speel,” sê Newbury in sy voorsittersverslag.

Van Graan spreek die hoop uit dat die Bulle vanjaar ondersteuners sal teruglok Loftus toe met hul vertonings.

Wynand Claassen, voormalige Springbok-kaptein en voorsitter van die Bulle se oudspelersvereniging, sê wenrugby pak stadions vol en dit is die enigste oplossing.

“Die span sal vanjaar nie net onder druk wees om te wen nie, maar ook om meer ondernemende rugby te speel.

“Die Bulle sal moet aanbeweeg in dié opsig. Die Superrugby-groep lyk goed op papier, maar dit is wat op die gras gebeur wat saak maak.”

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Radiance Space
    Newest Member
    Radiance Space