taipan

World Cup 2015

definitely but dn take away gd innings and bowling by Aus

Aus played fairly well, but their top scorer was dropped on zero. England chucked some wickets away.

So it's 2.30 and I am listening to the studio "experts". They are rebating the NZ game and saying it's not important cod AB didn't play.

His name came up showing he scored 24 and that are still arguing about his absence.

Dickheads.

LOL. It's 00:41 and I'm not listening to those lot. I'm listening to old music on YouTube. Watching Donovan and Bob Dylan jamming unplugged on acoustic guitars singing Baby Blue.

Oz looking ominous.Mick and Dock must be quietly confident?

Be happier if Faulkner was fit. Simple swap for Watson. England were dreadful and the score flattered.

So can anyone remind me why Behardien is there ?

BTW, hi guys !

McLaren couldn't do the job at seven.

Hi

Guest Gaz77

McLaren couldn't do the job at seven.

Hi

And Albie before that. Kemp before that. Hopefully we have seen the last of McLaren now but it shows you how crap our seamer all-rounder options are. Morris had a good 'A' series, goes back to the Lions and shows his other end of the scale. He never seems to have an average game. Wiese's batting is to hit and miss to go with his type of bowling.

Got to hope the new generation bring better quality.

Parnell needed to be backed after his form in the last few ODI's or play Rossouw.

Edited by Gaz77

The problem is that we don't have a "batting" allrounder. My views on allrounders are well known. One should be able to be picked on either batting or bowling. Reference McMillan, Pollock, Klusener, Kallis.

Would anyone pick McLaren or Berhardien on their batting or bowling alone?

Guest Gaz77

The problem is that we don't have a "batting" allrounder. My views on allrounders are well known. One should be able to be picked on either batting or bowling. Reference McMillan, Pollock, Klusener, Kallis.

Would anyone pick McLaren or Berhardien on their batting or bowling alone?

Behardien never bowls for the Titans so I have no idea how he got this role. McLaren was eaten alive in Australia , it was amazing how he did so well for that period before.

Yup, you've got to make the side for one discipline definitely. The other discipline might be questionable you make it for that alone but at least its close and brings balance.

I'm holding thumbs for Savage, Phehlukwayo & Galiem because they can make this team the finished article in the next 2 to 3 years.

Guest Gaz77

McLaren goes back and scores 2 centuries for the Dolphins and his bowling has gone back to shit though. That is what irritates me about him. Same with Albie. They bowl a jaffer and then all of a sudden it just goes to pathetic.

They both lack that charisma and fighting attitude that could maybe help them along too. Think back how Rice, McMillan definitely had that. Klusener and Pollock may have been viewed as nice guys but they let the opposition know they were out there with their presence at the crease or when they were bowling.

Edited by Gaz77

Behardien never bowls for the Titans so I have no idea how he got this role. McLaren was eaten alive in Australia , it was amazing how he did so well for that period before.

Yup, you've got to make the side for one discipline definitely. The other discipline might be questionable you make it for that alone but at least its close and brings balance.

I'm holding thumbs for Savage, Phehlukwayo & Galiem because they can make this team the finished article in the next 2 to 3 years.

Aye, I wonder why no one else picked that up about Berhardien. Other factors?

McLaren was good while we were on top. Ever see him produce a crunch batting or bowling effort?

McLaren goes back and scores 2 centuries for the Dolphins and his bowling has gone back to shit though. That is what irritates me about him. Same with Albie. They bowl a jaffer and then all of a sudden it just goes to pathetic.

TBF they are both top franchise players. Just couldn't make the step up. No disgrace in that. Sort of the cricket equivalent of Kankowski.

Guest Gaz77

Aye, I wonder why no one else picked that up about Berhardien. Other factors?

McLaren was good while we were on top. Ever see him produce a crunch batting or bowling effort?

I actually do think they think he is a crunch batsman under pressure and possibly fell on his type of bowling by chance but it still grates me we don't have that complete team.

I can only remember an ODI v NZL in the series we lost that McLaren got us over the line with the bat but he seemed to pick up some nice cheap wickets which kept him in the side.

Guest Gaz77

TBF they are both top franchise players. Just couldn't make the step up. No disgrace in that. Sort of the cricket equivalent of Kankowski.

That is fair enough. Suppose one can get greedy after seeing all those good all-rounders for those years and even then Hall/Kemp were ok.

Guest Gaz77

We were spoilt.

Aus haven't had any since Miller, except maybe Alan Davidson.

It is crazy to think for such a crazy cricketing nation with similar good weather to us  that they haven't produced more.

They had high hopes for Watto and it is amazing how he is still in their test side. Even his ODI influence is diminishing.

I do like Mitch Marsh though. He is aggressive/Positive in everything he does. I like.

Edited by Gaz77

Guest DennisL

Anyone have any take on why Steyn and Morkel are struggling so much? They are barely more than passengers using up overs, getting the odd wicket here and there (by dint of bowling so many bad balls). Why do they seem incapable of adapting their length effectively?  It hurt to see them being taken apart by what is really a mediocre batting outfit. Only started having any impact much later in the innings when the sting was gone and Steyn could get some reverse swing going. At least our next game (v India) is in Oz, so conditions should serve them better. But I shudder thinking of Pakistan in Aukland. Bring Abbott in maybe, and Parnell for Behardien? Yop notch performance by Tahir - going to be a factor I reckon. Dr Phil also did a fine job. What can one say about Miller/Duminy ??

Guest Thato

Not a beautiful win but a win anyways and I'm happy we have the full points

Miller/JP - :clapping-hands: :clapping-hands: :clapping-hands:

Miller at 5 - Genius! He's so hot and sexy!!! Pity I'm married and too old for the boy :36_3_16:

Imran Tahir - fine limited overs bowlers :clapping-hands: :clapping-hands:

AB is a fine player, that was a great catch there by superman

Was good to see others other than AB/Amla get the runs - flip that, great to see others other than Steyn get the wickets - shows depth

Behardien - quota gone fucking wrong, and that's an understatement. If I were him, I'd do a Langeveldt and tell the selectors to go screw themselves. end of. Insult to fine players of colour. Or fake an injury if you love your country and scared to tell the selectors to fuck of. Thanks!

I'm not worried about India at the MCG, I say we will eat them alive there. If we ever come across Pak/SL at a place like Hamilton - we need a plan

Position 7 - either get an all out bowler (Parnell who can bat a bit) or all out Batsman (Rossouw), then JP has to bowl 10 overs even if he goes for plenty. This all rounder at 7 rubbish won't work with the options we have. Faf used to bowl nicely for the Titans, why is he not bowling for Proteas? He could be an option to share 5th bowler duties with JP. I don't see any other options, Kallis ain't coming back.

:26_32_4: :26_32_4: :26_32_4: :26_32_4:

We were spoilt.

Aus haven't had any since Miller, except maybe Alan Davidson.

We haven't stopped looking for one. Gilly would have been considered one under the old selection rules for keepers (ie pick the best keeper and hope he can bat a bit).

As it turns out they are helpful but not critical. The greatest team of all time (West Indies) never had a decent  allrounder and the last great Australian side didn't either and managed to win three world cups on the bounce. 

Watto = Mitch Marsh.. Injury prone.

Yep but not as feeble in the mind. The kid bowls a heavy ball and can hit them to next week. One of his mates told me that he was very fond of a good time especially after dark which may have included the odd dose of Columbian marching powder. Apparently he has been read the riot act and the light has gone on. He only need look at this brother for what happens to lazy yet talented cricketers.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Denny
    Newest Member
    Denny