taipan

World Cup 2015

I watched the last 20 overs of the SA innings. Zim bowled a lot of tripe which aided and abetted the Miller/JP show - the boys played well but if you keep getting knee high full tosses on leg stump any decent batsman will hit them for six especially at such a small ground. Zim were gutsy but simply don't have the talent to knock over a half baked SA.

Guest DennisL

Not a beautiful win but a win anyways and I'm happy we have the full points

Miller/JP - :clapping-hands: :clapping-hands: :clapping-hands:

Miller at 5 - Genius! He's so hot and sexy!!! Pity I'm married and too old for the boy :36_3_16:

Imran Tahir - fine limited overs bowlers :clapping-hands: :clapping-hands:

AB is a fine player, that was a great catch there by superman

Was good to see others other than AB/Amla get the runs - flip that, great to see others other than Steyn get the wickets - shows depth

Behardien - quota gone fucking wrong, and that's an understatement. If I were him, I'd do a Langeveldt and tell the selectors to go screw themselves. end of. Insult to fine players of colour. Or fake an injury if you love your country and scared to tell the selectors to fuck of. Thanks!

I'm not worried about India at the MCG, I say we will eat them alive there. If we ever come across Pak/SL at a place like Hamilton - we need a plan

Position 7 - either get an all out bowler (Parnell who can bat a bit) or all out Batsman (Rossouw), then JP has to bowl 10 overs even if he goes for plenty. This all rounder at 7 rubbish won't work with the options we have. Faf used to bowl nicely for the Titans, why is he not bowling for Proteas? He could be an option to share 5th bowler duties with JP. I don't see any other options, Kallis ain't coming back.

:26_32_4: :26_32_4: :26_32_4: :26_32_4:

We play Pakistan in Aukland on 7 March!! I agree on No 7, and it HAS to be a bowler. [Abbott for NZ, and Parnell for Oz]  We MUST play 5 full-out bowlers and trust our 6 batters to do the job. For sh!$ sake we have the best top 6 in the world. Show some confidence in them to do the job. Then give the 5 bowlers their job. This is not freaking rocket science Mr Rushing Flamingo!! Stop phaffing around with bits and pieces not-all-rounders!

Finally you have seen the light. Now if only we hadn't pissed around for years on the bits and pieces McLaren.

Windies have lost (easily) to Ireland in the CWC. Apparently letting AB get a 31 ball ton wasn't enough humiliation so they have opted for some more. I guess they are all preoccupied by the IPL auction.

Edited by Docker

Windies have lost (easily) to Ireland in the CWC. Apparently letting AB get a 31 ball ton wasn't enough humiliation so they have opted for some more. I guess they are all preoccupied by the IPL auction.

Yay.... :clapping-hands:

Oz looking ominous.Mick and Dock must be quietly confident?

It's not news to say SANZAC are the favourite group.

Our blokes have been good but knockout cricket is often fickle. Every consecutive win brings you one game closer to kicking your (cricket) coffin.

Aus played fairly well, but their top scorer was dropped on zero. England chucked some wickets away.

England twice missed makable run outs in the middle of the big Australian partnership. The outcome could have been perfectly reversed.

England twice missed makable run outs in the middle of the big Australian partnership. The outcome could have been perfectly reversed.

Dropping Finch on zero didn't exactly help either.

It's not news to say SANZAC are the favourite group.

Our blokes have been good but knockout cricket is often fickle. Every consecutive win brings you one game closer to kicking your (cricket) coffin.

Well the Aus are my 2nd fave to SA.... I'll yell for them anyday above anyone else (as long as they not playing SA) :110104_emM5_prv[1]:

Edited by Mata Hari

Dropping Finch on zero didn't exactly help either.

And then there are people who believe that test cricket is boring shit.

Of course. Grid iron and baseball springs to mind.

Or one can make the effort to read up the rules, listen to the commentary, try and understand what is going on, and then make a judgement decision whether the game is boring or not.

Or one can come on an Internet board and slag off a sport without having a clue what is going on,

Personally I find a few games boring. Basketball and Netball spring to mind. But that is not through lack of knowledge.

And then there are those sports which just are not TV sports like hockey and squash.

Or one can make the effort to read up the rules, listen to the commentary, try and understand what is going on, and then make a judgement decision whether the game is boring or not.

Or one can come on an Internet board and slag off a sport without having a clue what is going on,

Personally I find a few games boring. Basketball and Netball spring to mind. But that is not through lack of knowledge.

And then there are those sports which just are not TV sports like hockey and squash.

Swimming? And I used to swim, myself. :36_11_6:

Edited by vlagman

Swimming? And I used to swim, myself. :36_11_6:

Swimming isn't bad in small doses.

Then you have great TV sports like curling that get virtually no coverage,

Short attention span deficit disorder..............thank you "technology"?

Instant gratification is the game today

Or one can make the effort to read up the rules, listen to the commentary, try and understand what is going on, and then make a judgement decision whether the game is boring or not.Or one can come on an Internet board and slag off a sport without having a clue what is going on,Personally I find a few games boring. Basketball and Netball spring to mind. But that is not through lack of knowledge.And then there are those sports which just are not TV sports like hockey and squash.

I didn't slagg the sports. I said I found them boring because I don't understand them.

Why do we only get one game a day during weekdays and two a day during weekends?

i would've thought having a shared hosting would allow each country to host a game a day.

A six week long event..........is ridiculous!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Denny
    Newest Member
    Denny