Guest Viva Alonso

2015- car Launches and Pre Season Testing

More delays for new Force India car http://

There is more bad news for Force India fans with the team admitting their new car is unlikely to run at the next test.

deputy team principal Bob Fernley has now conceded that their new challenger will in all likelihood only be ready for the final test in Barcelona from February 26.

Hope for McLaren as they complete decent mileage

McLaren appeared to have turned a corner, managing 32 trouble-free laps around Jerez, which enabled them to put the first serious miles on both the MP4-30 and the Honda RA615H power unit. Fernando Alonso was able to take to the track as soon as the session started; and, after a couple of exploratory installation laps and aero checks, they were able to ramp up his programme, extending the length of each run.

Despite only running on a damp track, and using Pirelli’s intermediate tyres, Alonso racked up a decent number of laps until he was side-lined before lunch.”

He had just begun a timed run when he felt something awry with the car – he returned the car to the garage, where the team discovered a loss of cooling water pressure. Fixing the issue required the removal of the power unit – a lengthy change that we couldn’t have completed in time for the car to return to the track

Frustrating day of mixed fortunes for Ricciardo

Red Bull’s third day of testing at the Circuit de Jerez in Spain got off to a slow start when the team detected an issue and elected to change the power unit in Daniel Ricciardo’s RB11.

Formula 1 News Links ‏@F1_Links  41m

Positive start for Nasr in the top flight http://

Massa says FW37 is another step forward for Williams (this is a team to watch this year! ... Vlag your team looking good!)

Massa said, “I am happy after a good first day in the car. The FW37 is another step forward from where we left the FW36, which is promising. I am also confident in the car set-up.”

Formula 1 News Links ‏@F1_Links  49m

Lotus progressing well with Mercedes powered E23

Lotus F1 Team enjoyed a productive day of testing at the Circuito de Jerez with Pastor Maldonado completing 96 laps, setting a best time of 1:22.713,as the team continued with installation and functionality checks with the E23 Hybrid as well as initial performance assessments.

Maldonado reviewed his day behind the wheel, “It was a good day and we’ve learnt a lot more about the E23. The car feels strong and we know there’s more to come. 

This is scary ..

Aldo Costa on Sky Italia - The W06 is an evolution of the W05, but still large parts of the layout have changed. We've been running the car with a full tank at all times so that no one can infer how fast we can run. We won't run with with light fuel or try to set up the car for performance until Barcelona, possibly the second test.

Ominous....

1 min 21's with a full tank, medium tyres and no emphasis on performance tuning...  eek.gif

How many laps can you go on a full tank?

How many laps did they do during testing?

They did long runs?

How did the tank stay full on the long runs?

I don't have any answers to these questions, but I can smell horse shit a mile away and the pong is even worse than horse shit. Ja, I know its part of the game and I know it's only testing and there is no way to know who was aiming for what goal, but from the looks of it, Ferrari might do a bit better this year, RBR will be there abouts as well. Merc is on top and the teams using their PU's will also have some advantage....and everyone is trying to lure readers with speculative articles, but like last year, what will unfold is still going to surprise us.

Viva, moenie skrik vir mense wat perdedrolle vir vye verkoop nie!

Guest Viva Alonso

How many laps can you go on a full tank? Roughly a litle bit more than race distance

How many laps did they do during testing? Merc did 515 laps over the 4 days that is 1417 miles - Nico 308 and lewis 207 laps - they averaged more than 120 laps a day!

They did long runs? Yes, 

How did the tank stay full on the long runs? should I answer this?

I don't have any answers to these questions, but I can smell horse shit a mile away and the pong is even worse than horse shit. Ja, I know its part of the game and I know it's only testing and there is no way to know who was aiming for what goal, but from the looks of it, Ferrari might do a bit better this year, RBR will be there abouts as well. Merc is on top and the teams using their PU's will also have some advantage....and everyone is trying to lure readers with speculative articles, but like last year, what will unfold is still going to surprise us.

Viva, moenie skrik vir mense wat perdedrolle vir vye verkoop nie!

Yes Ferrari IS looking better than last year this time, so does Williams, Sauber, Lotus .... only team except for McHonda who was NOT at last years test thats battling a bit is RBR.

I do however think there is lots of truth in what Aldo said .... looking at their times - there is no way in hell that they are slower than Ferrari and definitely not trailing by 1.1sec

Also Kimi's best time was set on Softs and both Merc drivers were on Hards! Merc IS NOT even trying at the moment!

Look who is lying 3rd and 5th!! its A SAUBER!! with the rookie Nasr in 3rd .... only 0.7 behind Kimi !  :36_11_13:  if the Sauber is that close to the Ferrari.... is the Ferrari then really that good? or did Sauber find 1.5 sec on Ferrari?

So, no ek skrik nie vir perdedrolle nie..... ek is ook nie blind vir wat aangaan nie en dit so seker soos daglig dat Merc weer gaan dominate en dat die res gaan baklei vir 3de plek op podiums.

Who will be closest challengers in my opinion it will be Williams followed by a group of RBR, Ferrari, Lotus and hopefully McHonda

Ek se weer ... wie was vinnigste laas jaar op eerste dag en waar het hy geiendig? 

wie het meeste issues geha en waar het hulle geindig ...... vir Ferrari manne om nou te dink Ferrari gaan Merc challenge wag daar n groot skok... weereens!

Combined testing times:

Pos Driver Car Time Gap Day Tyre

1. Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari                                                  1m20.841s 4 S

2. Sebastian Vettel Ferrari                                                 1m20.984s +0.143s 2 M

3. Felipe Nasr Sauber-Ferrari                                            1m21.545s +0.704s 3 S

4. Nico Rosberg Mercedes                                                 1m21.982s +1.141s 3 M

5. Marcus Ericsson Sauber-Ferrari                                     1m22.019s +1.178s 4 S

6. Lewis Hamilton Mercedes                                               1m22.172s +1.331s 4 M

7. Felipe Massa Williams-Mercedes                                   1m22.276s +1.435s 3 S

8. Valtteri Bottas Williams-Mercedes                                   1m22.319s +1.478s 2 S

9. Max Verstappen Toro Rosso-Renault                              1m22.553s +1.712s 4 S

10. Pastor Maldonado Lotus-Mercedes                              1m22.713s +1.872s 3 S

From AS

Ferrari power led the way on all four days of the first pre-season Formula 1 test of 2015 at Jerez, but is this yet another false dawn for F1's oldest team, or a sign of genuine progress after a disastrous 2014 campaign?

Whether it was Red Bull defector Sebastian Vettel, the former force of nature that is Kimi Raikkonen, or GP2 graduate Felipe Nasr's Sauber, Ferrari engines consistently set the pace in Spain. In fact, Ferrari and its customer team locked out the top two spots on the timesheet on each day of the Jerez test.

But with McLaren-Honda struggling to get out of the garage (and way off the pace when it did), Renault's "stupid part" hobbling the camouflaged Red Bull RB11, and Mercedes more interested in making the W06 run race distances than set quick laptimes, it's hard to escape the feeling that Ferrari is on top almost by default.

The fact that the Sauber C34 was fastest on day three (in Nasr's hands) and in the top two on all four days of the test only enhances this unease. After all, Sauber's 2014 car was so bad the team failed to score a point for the first time since it entered F1 in 1993...

Last year was also the Scuderia's worst since 1993 (the last time prior to 2014 that it failed to win a grand prix in a given season), but for all the talk of how overnight miracles don't happen in F1, there was a genuine feeling in the paddock that Ferrari has definitely made significant improvements following its most recent annus horribilis.

Most of the blame for the Scuderia's poor 2014 season was laid at the door of its engine department, so that has undoubtedly been the main focus for Ferrari's engineering team over the winter.

Last year the engine was weak in terms of its energy recovery, and also delivered its power in a fairly uncompromising and brutal way. It was fairly common to see Raikkonen and Fernando Alonso drifting out of slow corners on opposite lock as they tried to tame the beast.

The SF15-T already looks much more malleable in this regard. The team confirmed traction and throttle response has improved, and it was certainly delighted to complete four days of testing without any major technical problems, having made a more radical attempt at designing its F1 car. Telemetry and radio faults, plus a couple of sensor failures, were the only things that delayed Ferrari's programme.

"Obviously the laptime can be anything - it doesn't mean much. 

"I think the whole package is better overall: the engine, the car itself. I think that everything has improved. Obviously we still have a lot of work to do to try to improve things – but this is a good starting point."

"Some people didn't show much, others are running a slightly different approach, more longer runs – extremely long runs, to be honest.

"Even without any running here [taken into account] Mercedes are still favourites. .

So far, so cautious. Which brings us to those apparent 'glory runs' that brought Sauber up into unfamiliar territory on the timing screens.

Nasr topped day three overall in the C34, but he ran the soft Pirelli tyre in doing so (Ferrari and Mercedes used the medium), and he reckoned the Mercedes runners were hiding their true pace

Sauber has made no bones about laying the blame for much of its struggle last season at Ferrari's door, but sources inside the team say they are genuinely surprised by how much better this year's engine is compared to 2014's lame duck.

Edited by Viva Alonso

Viva, I was jesting big time and I know it was only testing with the setup and fuel loads all different depending on what the teams were testing. Ferrari was obviously going for a bit of speed with an average of about 10 laps per outing. Merc did about 30 laps per outing average IIRC. So clearly different aims.

I can't wait for the actual racing!

Guest Viva Alonso

Williams driver Valtteri Bottas is not ruling out racing to his first-ever grand prix victory in 2015, and is not taking Ferrari’s early test pace very seriously.

The Finn was a standout of last season and is now being linked with a potential move to Mercedes or Ferrari.

But before that, he will race again with the resurgent Williams team in 2015.

The independent British outfit is expected to be among Mercedes’ main challengers this year, but Williams kept a low profile at the Jerez test with its new FW37.

It was Ferrari, in fact, who posted the headline times at Jerez.

“I seem to recall a year ago,” 25-year-old Bottas told the Finnish newspaper Turun Sanomat, “where Ferrari was also the fastest at Jerez.

“Once the season started, the picture changed dramatically,” he said. “As for Williams, our new car has very good handling but at this stage of the season it does not make sense to go into details.”

“The real speed of the cars will not be judged until the final test in Barcelona,” Bottas added.

He is not ruling out, therefore, that Williams will emerge then as among the fastest of 2015, allowing Bottas to join the coveted ranks of grand prix winners.

“That’s what I’m after,” Bottas is quoted by the broadcaster MTV3. “I am not a fortune teller, but I believe very much that it may be possible.”

Former F1 boss Flavio Briatore does not think any teams are ready to challenge and Mercedes’ dominance in 2015.

Ferrari set the pace at the Jerez test last week, while Red Bull and Williams are expected to have taken steps forward since 2014.

But former Renault chief Briatore insisted: “The one constant in formula one at the moment is the superiority of Mercedes over all the other teams.

“Mercedes will dominate this world championship just as they did the last,” the flamboyant Italian is quoted by the Italian news source Adnkronos.

Guest Viva Alonso

Sasha's 2015 F1 First Testing Review

Hier is nog n klomp sound clips ... Vlag luister na die McHonda een

Edited by Viva Alonso

Ek sal bietjie later luister dankie, Viva. Ek is net ongelukkig nie 'n groot Sasha fan nie. LOL. Maar ek sal hoor wat hy sê.

Guest Viva Alonso

Ek sal bietjie later luister dankie, Viva. Ek is net ongelukkig nie 'n groot Sasha fan nie. LOL. Maar ek sal hoor wat hy sê.

Hey ek is ook nie n Honest Horner fan nie... maar ek luister tog wat hy se hahaha

Aha found the shortcut...

Edited by Viva Alonso

LOL. Ek kak jou nie uit nie. Ek sê maar net. Ek luister ook wat Horner sê maar ek glo selektief wat hy sê. As hy byvrrobeeld sê dat sy jaers dieselfde behandeling kry, maar alles wys dat hy kakpraat, is daar nie 'n manier wat ek hom glo nie.  :36_11_6:

Guest Viva Alonso

Ferrari's performance grabbed the headlines at last week's Jerez Formula 1 test, but closer analysis of speed trap data shows there may still be a gulf between it and Mercedes.

Ferrari may have made significant gains with its power unit over the winter to become a challenger for the dominant Mercedes outfit.

But, according to speed trap figures that have been obtained by AUTOSPORT, Mercedes still appears to have a significant margin in power terms.

With the top speeds of all the cars measured towards the end of the back straight at Jerez before braking for the Dry Sack hairpin, it is telling that the top three fastest cars were Mercedes-powered.

Felipe Massa in the Williams and Nico Rosberg in the Mercedes were both clocked at 307.6 km/h on the middle two days of the test, with Pastor Maldonado recording 306.8km/h in the Mercedes-powered Lotus.

Although Ferrari set the fastest time of the test on the final day with Raikkonen, his top speed through the trap was nearly 7 km/h down on the Mercedes.

Like I said,,,, if anyone thinks Ferrari is now all of a sudden top of the crop.... they will be sadly dissapointed when it comes to race day .... maybe even sooner at the last test the pecking order will be clear.

Ferrari surely made a step forward .... but a step is not enough if you are 10 steps behind and your opposition also takes another step or 2 forward.

While these tests are quite entertaining for us as supporters/fans they mean different things to the different teams and they all have varying strategies regarding these tests.  For one car on a track to be 7 kph faster or slower than the other really means nothing if compared to how the car will qualify and what it will be like in race conditions.  Reporters are also human and in many cases favour one driver or car and will then unwittingly report in a manner which can be construed as bias.  Not much will be clear before we have had one or two races.

Personally I could not care less who does what in testing.  What I do want is for ALL teams to test as good as they can and have the best car/driver set-up they can have so that we can have a season of RACING and not a procession of cars which can and will be manipulated by team-orders and other politics.

Guest Viva Alonso

While these tests are quite entertaining for us as supporters/fans they mean different things to the different teams and they all have varying strategies regarding these tests.  For one car on a track to be 7 kph faster or slower than the other really means nothing if compared to how the car will qualify and what it will be like in race conditions.  Reporters are also human and in many cases favour one driver or car and will then unwittingly report in a manner which can be construed as bias.  Not much will be clear before we have had one or two races.

Personally I could not care less who does what in testing.  What I do want is for ALL teams to test as good as they can and have the best car/driver set-up they can have so that we can have a season of RACING and not a procession of cars which can and will be manipulated by team-orders and other politics.

Agree.... these tests can not be used as a yardstick! but we have fools saying Ferrari will give Merc a go, or Its Vettels input thats made the difference etc etc... 

I posted this because wherever you go on this and other sites the ferrari manne now believe its the next coming!

I used this and previous posts of other quotes (mostly from AS) to illustrate this exact point...

My personal comment at the end summarizes it nicely.

"Like I said,,,, if anyone thinks Ferrari is now all of a sudden top of the crop.... they will be sadly dissapointed when it comes to race day .... maybe even sooner at the last test the pecking order will be clear.

Ferrari surely made a step forward .... but a step is not enough if you are 10 steps behind and your opposition also takes another step or 2 forward."

Agree.... these tests can not be used as a yardstick! but we have fools saying Ferrari will give Merc a go, or Its Vettels input thats made the difference etc etc...  I posted this because wherever you go on this and other sites the ferrari manne now believe its the next coming! I used this and previous posts of other quotes (mostly from AS) to illustrate this exact point...My personal comment at the end summarizes it nicely. "Like I said,,,, if anyone thinks Ferrari is now all of a sudden top of the crop.... they will be sadly dissapointed when it comes to race day .... maybe even sooner at the last test the pecking order will be clear. Ferrari surely made a step forward .... but a step is not enough if you are 10 steps behind and your opposition also takes another step or 2 forward."

True Viva, but in the end everything at this stage is speculation.

Guest Viva Alonso

True... all speculation, but Im trying to get some who is blind to whats really happening to see the light! lol

Crazy! how some will take the first test of the season and make crazy statements ... not only on this forum on others I frequent also!

I took the time to copy some from another forum..... I will be re posting them in a few months hahaha - Im gonna rub their flippen ignorant faces in it!

space.gifspace.gifspace.gif
Formula 1 rivals suspect Ferrari's testing form shows real progress By Jonathan Noble Tuesday, February 10th 2015, 12:35 GMT

1423571763.jpg

Ferrari's strong form in the first pre-season Formula 1 test has left rivals wary that it might have made a much bigger leap than expected over the winter.

Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen were fastest on three of the four days of the first pre-season test at Jerez last week.

Their consistent speed throughout the test has prompted speculation over whether Ferrari's speed is a sign of a genuine breakthrough or can be put down to simple low-fuel glory runs.

Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo and Williams's Felipe Massa are both adamant that Ferrari cannot now be discounted.

1361286604.jpg Is Ferrari's recovery real?

Both believe that a similar good performance in the next Barcelona tests would force a rethink about Ferrari's potential for 2015.

Reflecting on the Jerez times in the official Australian Grand Prix podcast, Ricciardo said: "We are aware of the laps Mercedes did and the laptime Ferrari put down, which looked good.

"We expect nothing less from Mercedes to be honest, but Ferrari looked like they came out pretty strong.

1423571833.jpg

"For now they look good, but it is one of those things. It is still early and Jerez is a place we don't race at, plus we never drive in conditions that are five-to-eight degrees [temperature]. And the track is really, really abrasive.

"They look good but are they going to be the same once we start racing in race conditions?

"I think Barcelona will get us a step closer to that. But not taking anything away from that, they have come out in good form."

Massa echoed Ricciardo's thoughts that Ferrari's potential would be real if Barcelona results were similar.

"We have just seen the first days of testing and we have seen that there is still a long way to go," said the Brazilian.

"I think maybe if these guys that were doing a quick lap time, like Ferrari for example, if they stay the same for Barcelona and impress with laptime, then maybe we start to think they are going to be there. But it's too early."

Red Bull: Renault's Formula 1 test problems nowhere near 2014 level By Jonathan Noble Tuesday, February 10th 2015, 10:53 GMT

1423565717.jpg

Red Bull boss Christian Horner insists the problems Renault faced in Jerez Formula 1 testing last week are nowhere near the severity of its 2014 dramas.

After a winter of major development work on its turbo V6 engine to try to bridge the gap to Mercedes, the French car manufacturer's performance in Spain was hampered by reliability concerns.

In particular, a small metallic shaft related to the ERS water pump forced Renault to impose running limits to ensure problems did not result in any engine failures.

1361286604.jpg Ten things we learned from the first F1 test

With Red Bull confident fixes are already in place to ensure a better performance at the next test at Barcelona, Horner has faith that there will be no repeat of the dramas suffered 12 months ago, when the team endured a particularly fraught pre-season.

"It was a lot more positive than last year," Horner said in an interview on the Red Bull website.

"Yes, we had issues but they were not major ones compared to the fundamental problems we had last year, with the car not running cleanly or overheating or simply setting itself on fire!

"We had a few niggling issues but this was much more of a standard pre-season test than the one we experienced 12 months ago."

Horner remains far from concerned about the Renault situation, especially because it was a relatively small component that had been the root cause of its dramas.

"The biggest changes are in the power unit. Renault have been working very hard on that but there are always going to be a few things that catch you out," he said.

True... all speculation, but Im trying to get some who is blind to whats really happening to see the light! lol

Crazy! how some will take the first test of the season and make crazy statements ... not only on this forum on others I frequent also!

I took the time to copy some from another forum..... I will be re posting them in a few months hahaha - Im gonna rub their flippen ignorant faces in it!

Dit nou van dieselfde poepol wat elke berig van Red Bull se probleme verlede jaar na die eerste toets geplaas het.

Guest Viva Alonso

Dit nou van dieselfde poepol wat elke berig van Red Bull se probleme verlede jaar na die eerste toets geplaas het.

Kom laat ek met jou praat in n taal wat my lyk jy ken en verstaan.....

Luister hier jou fokken doos... as jy soos n kont met ander kan praat dan kan ek ook... kry dit in jou fokken lee kop ek gee n fok vir jou of jou opinies 

Daar is n verskil om n berig te plaas oor n feit as om kak uit jou hol te krap en dan hier as gospel te kom verkondig... so met alle fokkol respek vlieg in jou moer!

So wie is nou eintlik die "fucked up poepol" jy jou naai!

Edited by Viva Alonso

Luister hier jou fokken doos... as jy soos n kont met ander kan praat dan kan ek ook... kry dit in jou fokken lee kop ek gee n fok vir jou of jou opinies 

Daar is n verskil om n berig te plaas oor n feit as om kak uit jou hol te krap en dan hier as gospel te kom verkondig... so met alle fokkol respek vlieg in jou moer!

:36_11_6:  Raak lekker die moer in as jy uitgevang word soos jou tiepe gewoonlik doen. 

Uhmmm..... dit was eintlik oor die grap van die enjins. Die hele 2013 is daar die volgende vertel:

1, Merc (en Ferrari) was nog nooit in die mark van klein kragtige turbo aangejaagde enjins 1.6 liter enjins nie en gevolglik was daar geen manier hoe hulle 'n goeie, betroubare, kragtige 1.6 liter turbo enjin kan bou nie.

2. Renault was nog altyd in die mark van klein kragtige turbo enjins en gevolglik sou hulle die perfekte 1.6 liter F1 enjin bou.

Die gevolgtrekking was, tot die aanvang van die Jerez toetse dat Redbull - met hulle Renault enjins - die res van dag een af gaan toekak en Vettel se naam was al klaar op die WDC trofee gegraffer gewees.

Toe is die Renault enjin kak (en die Ferrari een ewe kak) en die Merc enjin perfek en die res is geskiedenis.

Relax Viva, you should know Owen by now. Very passionate re Ferrari and Seb. Take him with a pinch of salt. It would really be boring if it were only you and Vlag posting the gospel here now don't you think? You can put him on ignore if he irritates you. I enjoy your posts and I enjoy Owen's humour, Let the world keep turning. I also can't wait for the real racing, and yes I couldnt care who challenges Merc at the front of the asphalt as long as there are 4-5 + teams doing it!!!!

Keep up with your informative wonderful posts this place would be dead without you,  but let everyone else have their say in the sun too nê? 

:110104_emM5_prv[1]:   :36_3_16:

Uhmmm..... dit was eintlik oor die grap van die enjins. Die hele 2013 is daar die volgende vertel:

1, Merc (en Ferrari) was nog nooit in die mark van klein kragtige turbo aangejaagde enjins 1.6 liter enjins nie en gevolglik was daar geen manier hoe hulle 'n goeie, betroubare, kragtige 1.6 liter turbo enjin kan bou nie.

2. Renault was nog altyd in die mark van klein kragtige turbo enjins en gevolglik sou hulle die perfekte 1.6 liter F1 enjin bou.

Die gevolgtrekking was, tot die aanvang van die Jerez toetse dat Redbull - met hulle Renault enjins - die res van dag een af gaan toekak en Vettel se naam was al klaar op die WDC trofee gegraffer gewees.

Toe is die Renault enjin kak (en die Ferrari een ewe kak) en die Merc enjin perfek en die res is geskiedenis.

stock-vector-woosh-comic-expression-vect

Guest Jolly Joker

Relax Viva, you should know Owen by now. Very passionate re Ferrari and Seb. Take him with a pinch of salt. It would really be boring if it were only you and Vlag posting the gospel here now don't you think? You can put him on ignore if he irritates you. I enjoy your posts and I enjoy Owen's humour, Let the world keep turning. I also can't wait for the real racing, and yes I couldnt care who challenges Merc at the front of the asphalt as long as there are 4-5 + teams doing it!!!!

Keep up with your informative wonderful posts this place would be dead without you,  but let everyone else have their say in the sun too nê? 

:110104_emM5_prv[1]:   :36_3_16:

I must admit, Owen is one of the best trolls I've ever encountered.

Wat? Het dit alles oor jou kop gegaan. Jammer man, Owen. Ek het dit so eenvoudig moontlik gehou sodat jy sal verstaan. Ek het nie rerig gedink dat dit nog steeds te ingewikkeld sou wees nie.

Edited by vlagman

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Denny
    Newest Member
    Denny