J1M1

Glenn McGrath..................

Guest Thato

Shaking my head...

Will sound harsh but shooting an animal for fun not on - rather go head to head with another armed man and make it a fair contest.

If it is so wrong. why is it not illegal? There are more to this than pictures with dead animals. I don't hunt, but I don't condemn others that do. Hunting does more for conservation than all the bunny huggers in the world.

• Like 1

Guest Thato

Storm in a tea cup and the tree huggers having a field day. They are making him look like a rhino poacher.

Hello Vlagies ou boet! Bloody missed ya! :36_3_16:

Guilty as charged ma'am. I do not get on the cricket board enough. I have, for some reason lost a bit of interest. Too many other things pushing it out, I suppose. I started watching quite a lot of French Top14 rugby along with all the other rugby and F1 that is slowly coming along sgain as well. LOL.

Guest Thato

Guilty as charged ma'am. I do not get on the cricket board enough. I have, for some reason lost a bit of interest. Too many other things pushing it out, I suppose. I started watching quite a lot of French Top14 rugby along with all the other rugby and F1 that is slowly coming along sgain as well. LOL.

That happens, but don't be a stranger

Cheers!

To be fair it was 2008 and he has apologized profusely...........

It was soon after the death of his wife and apparently part of a cull program. He might also have paid to shoot the proceeds of which may in turn be applied to animal conservation.

All that said I don't enjoy people glorifying the deaths of animals and what McGrath did in publishing those photos was stupid beyond belief. There is nothing noble about engaging innocent animals in a mismatch and then celebrating same like it some form of great achievement.

His own charity which has raised millions of dollars for breast care nurses is likely to suffer some fallout from all the hand wringing perpetually morally outraged types here who will seek some form of retribution.

Dock I don't think the death of this wife had much to do with it. He has been a hunter all his life and was talking up an African "safari" before her death. It seems to me he is trying to use the death to get the sympathy vote.

Dock I don't think the death of this wife had much to do with it. He has been a hunter all his life and was talking up an African "safari" before her death. It seems to me he is trying to use the death to get the sympathy vote.

I agree - I was just wheeling out the lame excuses offered so far. The backlash here is huge.

Funny thing is, a lot of people have no moral objection against abortion, but have a lot to say about hunting. I suppose if the politically correct media tells them something is wrong, they believe it and vice versa. I'm not pro hunting, but I see nothing morally wrong with it when done in a controlled environment. If say for instance a Elephant must be culled, or even a rhino, why not get paid for it? A lot of safari ranches would not have been if it wasn't for trophy hunters. Aus, SA and the US are pioneer countries and hunting is still very much part of the culture. It is actually stupid that he needs to explain himself. 

• Like 1

Funny thing is, a lot of people have no moral objection against abortion, but have a lot to say about hunting. I suppose if the politically correct media tells them something is wrong, they believe it and vice versa. I'm not pro hunting, but I see nothing morally wrong with it when done in a controlled environment. If say for instance a Elephant must be culled, or even a rhino, why not get paid for it? A lot of safari ranches would not have been if it wasn't for trophy hunters. Aus, SA and the US are pioneer countries and hunting is still very much part of the culture. It is actually stupid that he needs to explain himself.

I admit to being ambivalent on both hunting and abortion.

How does that explain the hunting culture in Britain?

Obviously he felt the need to explain. However I would have more respect if he had come out and said that's what I do, get over it. The weak attempt to gain public sympathy is what pissed me off.

• Like 1

Lord knows, I'm no bunny hugger & I've never even fired a gun - although fishing is my poison, so I'm as guilty as a hunter i guess........but imo shooting animals should be done with a Canon or something similar.

It takes a special kind of mind-set to peer down the barrel of a gun and kill any animal....especially when it's not going to shoot back.

I did take "clients" hunting one time.......i can still remember the smell of fresh kudu blood

One day there will be nothing left to shoot - except politicians and a few other thugs

J1M1, I am no hunter myself and have also never shot anything other than guinea fowl and a  cormorant. My father in law asked me to see if I could get a specific one that was catching the fish from a dam on the farm. They had a dam with a few carp, IIRC, and the bugger always caught the little ones, so I spent some time and shot it with a shotgun. I had all the opportunities to shoot impala, water-buck, warthog or kudus on the farm but I just never had the interest to do so. It had nothing to do with moral issues against hunting. I just couldn't be bothered to go out and hunt or even go fishing. When they went fishing, I would rather tag along and do some hunting with my camera. Having said that, I have nothing against hunting provided that is not done on a "shoot everything in sight" basis. Some people shoot game, others catches fish, others moer the crap out of each other. Each to his/her own, I suppose.

J1M1, I am no hunter myself and have also never shot anything other than guinea fowl and a  cormorant. My father in law asked me to see if I could get a specific one that was catching the fish from a dam on the farm. They had a dam with a few carp, IIRC, and the bugger always caught the little ones, so I spent some time and shot it with a shotgun. I had all the opportunities to shoot impala, water-buck, warthog or kudus on the farm but I just never had the interest to do so. It had nothing to do with moral issues against hunting. I just couldn't be bothered to go out and hunt or even go fishing. When they went fishing, I would rather tag along and do some hunting with my camera. Having said that, I have nothing against hunting provided that is not done on a "shoot everything in sight" basis. Some people shoot game, others catches fish, others moer the crap out of each other. Each to his/her own, I suppose.

klop!

Jaaaa. Jy herrinner my nou. Ek wou nog sê, ek los die skietwerk vir die ander en vreet net lekker saam aan die biltong. LOL.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Denny
    Newest Member
    Denny