Sign in to follow this  
DbDraad

FI GP BAHRAIN

16:02 EDD STRAW: "Rosberg was never really in the game there. Already well behind after the first sector - similar pace to Bottas through the first 30 seconds of the lap."

16:02 Hamilton on pole by 0.411s from Vettel, and 0.558s ahead of Rosberg in the other Mercedes.

16:03 "Beautiful work there, Lewis," says Mercedes.

16:03 Vettel celebrates second place with an array of recently-conquered Italian words.

16:03 Rosberg's body language is pretty muted as he gets out of the Mercedes.

16:03 Raikkonen is 0.656s adrift of Hamilton, with Bottas +0.810s and Massa +1.173s.

16:04 Replays show a bit of a lock-up from Vettel, but nothing that would've cost him much time.

16:05 EDD STRAW:" Vettel's time loss to Hamilton was pretty even across the lap. That Ferrari still isn't quite there on single-lap pace. That said, Raikkonen will be irritated not to have beaten Rosberg but the middle sector cost him."

16:05 Bahrain Grand Prix grid:

1 Hamilton
2 Vettel
3 Rosberg
4 Raikkonen
5 Bottas
6 Massa
7 Ricciardo
8 Hulkenberg
9 Sainz
10 Grosjean
11 Perez
12 Nasr
13 Ericsson
14 Alonso
15 Verstappen
16 Maldonado
17 Kvyat
18 Stevens
19 Merhi
20 Button

(provisional, of course)

16:08 A smiling Hamilton shakes hands with a less smiley Rosberg as they pose in front of the FIA banner.

16:09 Sector times from the fastest laps in Q3 for the top 6:

1 Hamilton: 29.464s-39.390s-23.177s
2 Rosberg: 29.721s-40.041s-23.367s
3 Vettel: 29.525s-40.182s-23.275s
4 Raikkonen: 29.586s-40.261s-23.380s
5 Bottas: 29.751s-40.381s-23.249s
6 Massa: 29.790s-40.414s-23.540s

16:12 Hamilton: "I feel great, very happy. That was the target, to try to master this track. That's how it's gone this weekend. The laps were pretty good, you can always improve, but I'm grateful to have this beast underneath me."

16:12 Vettel: "Very happy with second today. It was a tough session, I didn't find the rhythm to begin with but at the end it was getting better and I could push. Very happy with the front row - in the race we are maybe a bit closer so let's see what happens."

16:13 Rosberg: "Strategy wise I got it wrong. I was thinking too much about the race and I under-estimated Sebastian's speed. I took it easy in Q2 to save the race tyres, so I lacked the rhythm for Q3. That's where I went wrong today. Being third is not ideal."

16:17 Here's our full report on that qualifying session, as Lewis Hamilton took a commanding pole position and Sebastian Vettel managed to split the Mercedes to get onto the front row:

Guest Jolly Joker

Finally a normal race for Kimi and he shows what he can do!! I just wish they pitted him earlier... Be afraid Seb, be very afraid.

Goed om Kimi weer op die podium te sien. Wys hoe Sebastian se werksetiek op sy spanmaats afvryf. Die Naas Botha van motorsport.  

Finally a normal race for Kimi and he shows what he can do!! I just wish they pitted him earlier... Be afraid Seb, be very afraid.

Ja, but not for Seb. Vettel showed from day one at Ferrari that he has got nothing to be afraid of.

I only watched halfway then the lights went out...will have to try get the rest of the race during the week. Seb made one or two very silly mistakes, but good to see Kimi going all out. We'll see what Europe brings for him.

Guest Jolly Joker

I only watched halfway then the lights went out...will have to try get the rest of the race during the week. Seb made one or two very silly mistakes, but good to see Kimi going all out. We'll see what Europe brings for him.

​He made quite a few mistakes. I do think that Kimi was in with a shout for the win, especially with the Mercs' issues at the end, but they kept him out too long on his second stint.

But I think Ferrari's form is going to drop a bit now, as we're getting to the European races with the cooler tempratures... We'll have to wait and see.

But I'm happy for the Kimster :clapping-hands:

​He made quite a few mistakes. I do think that Kimi was in with a shout for the win, especially with the Mercs' issues at the end, but they kept him out too long on his second stint.

But I think Ferrari's form is going to drop a bit now, as we're getting to the European races with the cooler tempratures... We'll have to wait and see.

But I'm happy for the Kimster :clapping-hands:

​Yip. We'll see if Ferrari step up again or not...Williams to come more to the fore in the cooler weather?

Guest Jolly Joker

​Yip. We'll see if Ferrari step up again or not...Williams to come more to the fore in the cooler weather?

​I don't know tbh. It's more a case of Ferrari being better in the hot conditions, so it won't neccessarily be Williams catching up, just Ferrari not being as good as in Malaysia and Bahrain.

Ferrari has always been pretty good in the hot conditions though.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Denny
    Newest Member
    Denny