Sign in to follow this  
DbDraad

FI GP: Circuit de Catalunya Barcelona Spain

DbDraad    595

Ferrari still not there yet, despite all the upgrades, or are they bluffing a bit? Qualifying started at 14:00. 

GO VETTEL & KIMSTER!!!!

Mata Hari    483

Nah Ferrari still behind Merc easily by 1 sec a lap....remember as the commentators said, no one is improving in isolation - Merc improves as well...

Hawk_Eye    1,357

Nah Ferrari still behind Merc easily by 1 sec a lap....remember as the commentators said, no one is improving in isolation - Merc improves as well...

​47 Sec in a race.

Well done to Nico for finding the "juice" pedal.  As for all the detracting and name-calling, Vettel has proven again that he is a force to be reckoned with.  Yes, different season different cars but with a shit car the driver can be the best in the universe he aint going nowhere.

Hannes jou doos!  Die plek mis jou.

Guest DennisL   
Guest DennisL

Nice easy drive for Nico, as Lewis just could not get his car set up right. Nevertheless he drove the wheels off, and was quite spectacular at times. Also, he is again suffering from utterly kak pitwork, compared to the lightning stops of Nico. And that yucky start left him disappointed and probably quite frustrated. 

More is nog 'n dag!

Guest Jolly Joker   
Guest Jolly Joker

I liked the fact that Lewis still went for it at the end. You never know what can happen. Nico could've made a mistake and run wide somewhere and the win could have been there for the taking.

Hawk_Eye    1,357

Alonso brake issues caused by visor tear-off

11 May 2015

The brake issues that forced Fernando Alonso's retirement from his home Grand Prix in Spain on Sunday were caused by a visor tear-off blocking the right rear brake duct of his McLaren MP4-30.

Alonso had been running as high as seventh during the race, but hit trouble around lap 25, when he ran very deep under braking at Turn 1. He pitted immediately, but then overshot his markers as his brakes failed, causing his McLaren pit crew to take evasive action.

"I had no brakes - I think the rear disc stopped working," Alonso said immediately after the race. 

"My pit stop was a scary moment - I didn't have much rear braking for my whole in-lap, then even less at the stop. It was scary for the mechanics, but luckily it didn't hurt anyone."

Alonso's team mate Jenson Button also struggled during what was a miserable race for McLaren, with the Briton describing the handling of his MP4-30 as "pretty scary".

"As soon as I touched the throttle, it just snapped away from me," Button reported. "It was unpredictable: in low-speed corners, the car was just slow, because I got wheel-spin immediately; in the high-speed stuff, it was just scary, because the rear end would snap away immediately under power.

"I was talking to my engineers for most of the race to try to find out what the root of the problem was, and we switched on quite a lot of handling balance changes to try to cure it. It got a little bit better towards the end of the afternoon, but it was a pretty tough afternoon."

McLaren have now failed to score points in the first five races of 2015 - their worst ever start to a Formula One campaign.

Guest Jolly Joker   
Guest Jolly Joker

I think it's safe to assume that Alonso's front jackman had to change his underwear after that :36_11_6:

Edited by Jolly Joker

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Radiance Space
    Newest Member
    Radiance Space