Sign in to follow this  
J1M1

Peace declared!

Guest DennisL

Hopefully that will open the way for a return series at home against them!  Just hope Steyn can stay fit and find SOME form long enough!

Are you now trying to say Steyn has no test form?

you don't half talk some crap at time.

Are you now trying to say Steyn has no test form?

you don't half talk some crap at time.

​One day some people will (hopefully) understand the thing with Dale Steyn and limited overs cricket.

​One day some people will (hopefully) understand the thing with Dale Steyn and limited overs cricket.

It is typical of the mentality of certain South Africans. We have the greatest player of his type for the past 30 years and instead of praising all they do is bitch.

It is typical of the mentality of certain South Africans. We have the greatest player of his type for the past 30 years and instead of praising all they do is bitch.

Poor Dennis. ​Imagine if Steyn was just as good in limited overs cricket. He would have had fuck-all to bitch about. :bounce:

Hopefully that will open the way for a return series at home against them!  Just hope Steyn can stay fit and find SOME form long enough!

​He had a good rest during the IPL - didn't get to play many games which for mine is a big win. He gets paid for hanging around but doesn't risk himself playing meaningless crap.

I have seen some commentary suggesting he is past his best. He might be but only time will tell.

Even if he is past his best he still better then most if not all currently around. First name on my test sheet.

Guest DennisL

:36_11_6:

That woke you old codgers up!!  Old Dale will need to get those wild eyes sessions going with all this Test Cricket it seems we'll be playing. Lots of lekker ammo for Vlaggie and Coenie Oosthuizen to shoot me down eh?  He He!!:bounce:

Better be careful there Dock, or you'll find yourself with me in the pig pen.  

:36_11_6:

That woke you old codgers up!!  Old Dale will need to get those wild eyes sessions going with all this Test Cricket it seems we'll be playing. Lots of lekker ammo for Vlaggie and Coenie Oosthuizen to shoot me down eh?  He He!!:bounce:

Better be careful there Dock, or you'll find yourself with me in the pig pen.  

​Eventually those who say he is slipping and/or done will be right - father time gets the better of everyone.

I still think he is the best Test bowler in the caper despite his indifferent short form offerings. He can see the end and said so much himself and wants to manage himself to prolong his Test career which for mine is the right call.

The end can come quickly - I wouldn't be surprised if Mitchell Johnson gets dropped before the end of the Ashes especially given we have a few good options in the wings

• Like 1

Guest DennisL

Exactly, Dock.  I see that Steyn has been "rested" for the upcoming ODIs v Bangladesh!   Well, at least the Selectors seem to agree with me that there is a little concern, even if our fellow forummers reckon he's perfectly normal. Maybe if Dale just concentrated on Test Cricket alone he could extend his career. I want to see those "wild spinning eyes" again! 

Don't you just love it when people twist facts to suit their bizarre theories. The truth of the matter is that Steyn's career has always been managed very carefully. It is one of the few things that the selectors have got right. Steyn has regularly been rested from ODI's.

That is why he has only played 104 whereas AB who debuted in the same season has 187,

Exactly, Dock.  I see that Steyn has been "rested" for the upcoming ODIs v Bangladesh!   Well, at least the Selectors seem to agree with me that there is a little concern, even if our fellow forummers reckon he's perfectly normal. Maybe if Dale just concentrated on Test Cricket alone he could extend his career. I want to see those "wild spinning eyes" again! 

Bangla seems to be playing a little better in recent times and with home advantage and SA side below full strength it should be more of a contest. That said SA should be winning with something in hand especially in the longer formats

Don't you just love it when people twist facts to suit their bizarre theories. The truth of the matter is that Steyn's career has always been managed very carefully. It is one of the few things that the selectors have got right. Steyn has regularly been rested from ODI's.

That is why he has only played 104 whereas AB who debuted in the same season has 187,

​Good point. I would be surprised if he was around in the CWC in 2019.

Guest DennisL

​Good point. I would be surprised if he was around in the CWC in 2019.

​I'd be astonished Dock, but also quite relieved. Hopefully by then we'd have a new-look team of players better suited to the particular skills required in the ODI format. Who those might be seems pretty hazy right now, but hopefully our PTB will be burning some midnight oil dealing with the problem.  My personal opinion is that we don't seem to develop too many "calypso" type players of the required level, and one can only have so many ABs and Hash's. Is it our technically correct approach to cricket that is at fault, or are we just too scared to lose, or too hesitant when the stakes are high or are we scared of the knock-out type of games, or a combination of these? I'm buggered if I know! But I'm confident someone will tell me!  

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Denny
    Newest Member
    Denny