Guest Jolly Joker

Where is everyone?

DbDraad    595

As I said, Owen couldn't give 2 shits what you think about him, and neither could I. The info was for the other members like Draad or Weda who might be interested in knowing where he is. 

​He was on here a while ago without posting, but he will pop in again sometime I'm sure. To be fair, things have been quiet in general lately. Boards like these go through quiet patches. Even Vlag was AWOL for a bit.

Guest DennisL   
Guest DennisL

At least no debacle this time! Regulation drive, all under control by Lewis. Nice one. Maybe McLaren should pop along to the local lawnmower shop for a few engines. Couldn't possibly do any worse than the $@# scrap they've got now.

DbDraad    595

You are quite aware that Viva and the core of the posters have left and are doing their own thing.  This follows on the relentless arguments about nonsensical issues from both sides.  Certain personality types just cannot coexist in a confined cyber space.

Having an opinion does not give one the right to be abusive (and that came from both sides of the handbag slingers)

People will be people and some will take offence and leave.  I have quite a few PM and emails of folk who have left because of "issues" they did not like.  The unfortunate thing is that a forum can never be all things to everyone and only the thickest skin folk will eventually "survive".  This forum is a good example.  When it was moderated, it was said by the "experts" that the moderation was the reason posters left.  For close on two or three years there have been no incident of moderation (other than the tree requested by the posters and one which was reported) and still posters leave, now it is said it is because there is no moderation.​

​When RBR was winning race after race the "fans" of other makes were screaming and bitching - now it is the same issue, just a different make.

F1 will have to have a good look at this "Sport" and consider the options because it just is not really racing anymore, except for a few back markers.

And sometimes shit happens. It is what it is.

Guest DennisL   
Guest DennisL

Very sorry to hear such depressing news, but it does not surprise me that much. The cricket forum was effectively killed by a few posters who had been terrorising the forum for yonks, and it is now all but comatose, except for a few of us still holding out and enduring it. In my opinion, it stems from a certain assumption that seems to govern forum behaviour: if you have an opinion, you have to be able to PROVE  that it is in fact objectively correct, and that it is acceptable for other forum members to browbeat you to do so, often getting quite personal in the process. Why can't a person have a subjective opinion? Why can't I like Lewis Hamilton just because I like him? Why can't I say I think that Graeme Smith was the best Captain ever? Of course it's subjective! That's the whole point! How I arrive at that subjective opinion is nobody else's business. Bullying people about their opinions is what has led to this debacle. I will not necessarily walk away, but neither will I be bullied. Even in this little tirade I may quite conceivably be wrong in my opinion. Nevertheless, it is my opinion. 

taipan    1,432

The truth of the matter is that the cricket section has never been strong and losing top members like Gaz because they have had enough of political interference does not help.

The whole meaning of forums is to debate opinions. That is where it comes from in Roman times. If people are so precious that they get upset when their wild theories get shot down by the facts, so be it. I make the effort to research my opinions. I would suggest others do the same.

Guest DennisL   
Guest DennisL

Ta Hawk.  Shit I can deal with, and being corrected is what I'm used to. What I object to is being ridiculed, and suffering personal attacks in pretty derogative language, which, to my shame, I in desperation resorted to in response, in the early days before I understood what was going on. Now I just ignore it, and engage elsewhere. But, thanks for the reply. Appreciate it.

DbDraad    595

The truth of the matter is that the cricket section has never been strong and losing top members like Gaz because they have had enough of political interference does not help.

The whole meaning of forums is to debate opinions. That is where it comes from in Roman times. If people are so precious that they get upset when their wild theories get shot down by the facts, so be it. I make the effort to research my opinions. I would suggest others do the same.

​What do you mean by that?

taipan    1,432

​What do you mean by that?

Check his last post. He was pissed off by the new quota requirements.

Docker    437

Gaz has impressive cricket knowledge. He knows more about the Australian domestic scene than I do and I am a local. His contributions are missed

taipan    1,432

Gaz has impressive cricket knowledge. He knows more about the Australian domestic scene than I do and I am a local. His contributions are missed

His knowledge of the youth game, in particular, was encyclopedic. I am convinced he was involved at some level.

his input is sadly missed.

Hawk_Eye    1,357

His knowledge of the youth game, in particular, was encyclopedic. I am convinced he was involved at some level.

his input is sadly missed.

​I'll PM you his mail addy - drop him a mail maybe he'll come post again?

taipan    1,432

Not sure he would would want to. Anyway the point is that the notion that people have been chased away by bullying is arrant BS.

• Like 1

taipan    1,432

So for the first time in years I am sort of watching a GP. 

Not only is the racing boring but the commentary is horrendous. How I miss Murray Walker and James Hunt.

Hawk_Eye    1,357

You miss me?  Sometimes it becomes very predictive 'specially with DC Eish!  This was not a bad race, a bit of everything and some very nice "racing" behind the two Mercs

DbDraad    595

So since Owen killed this sub forum he has disappeared.

So now you're saying Owen fcked up this sub?

IMO it was frail egos.

• Like 1

Hawk_Eye    1,357

So now you're saying Owen fcked up this sub?

IMO it was frail egos.

​Ses van die een en half-dosyn van die ander.  Soos gewoonlik "it takes two to tango"  Dit is net jammer dat die soort van aksie (altwee kante) die forum baie armer laat.

Mata Hari    483

​Ses van die een en half-dosyn van die ander.  Soos gewoonlik "it takes two to tango"  Dit is net jammer dat die soort van aksie (altwee kante) die forum baie armer laat.

​It does but we are all adults, we either contribute to a board or we stand on the side and complain. I am a Viva fan though I don't agree 100% with what he always says - and very much the same am I an Owen fan. Their personalities are just of a type where they would prefer to be separate from each other. I don't choose between the two, I treat them both in different situations. It's like having 2 brothers in jail and not just one :15_8_217:. Just turning around and blaming Owen however is infantile and typical of the SA  fan. I am glad Draad has a balanced opinion on this :36_3_16:

Edited by Mata Hari

Hawk_Eye    1,357

​It does but we are all adults, we either contribute to a board or we stand on the side and complain. I am a Viva fan though I don't agree 100% with what he always says - and very much the same am I an Owen fan. Their personalities are just of a type where they would prefer to be separate from each other. I don't choose between the two, I treat them both in different situations. It's like having 2 brothers in jail and not just one :15_8_217:. Just turning around and blaming Owen however is infantile and typical of the SA  fan. I am glad Draad has a balanced opinion on this :36_3_16:

​You quote me and you add that? Please explain where it was that I blamed anyone in the post you quoted.  If you are to say something then do not make ambiguous statements, rather make it clear and then quote the issue to which you refer.  I also pride myself on NOT being a typical SA fan, maybe you've noticed?

Mata Hari    483

​You quote me and you add that? Please explain where it was that I blamed anyone in the post you quoted.  If you are to say something then do not make ambiguous statements, rather make it clear and then quote the issue to which you refer.  I also pride myself on NOT being a typical SA fan, maybe you've noticed?

​I quoted you and agreed Hawk with what you said. There was no intention to point you out as blaming anyone, apologies if it were ambiguous. I haven't seen you blame anyone, but Taipan keeps blaming Owen even though in the many years I've been on this forum Taipan posted one or two posts on the Motorsport forum, now he wants to lay an egg. ROTFLMFAO. If the ones that are left on the forum don't want to bother to discuss their opinion, we are all to blame and man up. Taipan is the infantile one not you. Thus my comment re Draad being balanced on the issue cos he has been from the beginning

Edited by Mata Hari

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Radiance Space
    Newest Member
    Radiance Space