Sign in to follow this  
Hawk_Eye

Other Rugby Related News and Trivia

3 minutes ago, Rowan said:

More like sumo than footy, but it pays a lot better! 😁

Certainly pays better. There are three Australian punters in the NFL all with AFL backgrounds who would be making more coin for small walk on parts than 80% of AFL listed players

5 hours ago, Docker said:

The sï»żï»żizeï»żï»ż ofï»ż tï»żhï»że islander lads makes them perfect for rugby (and in someï»ż cases league) but their lack of aerobic capacity makes a number of them unsuitable for the other football cï»żoï»żdes.Â ï»ż

ï»ż In some cases the islander lads are evenï»ż tï»żoo ï»żbiï»żï»żg......

Now imagine for a minute that you argued that the islander lads were too small to make it in rugby...... 

On 9/6/2018 at 2:34 PM, Rowan said:

The quotas are a marvelous innovation which have helped bring about great equality in the game in South Africa. We can see the effects of this already, with the Springboks thrashing England earlier this year with a team including many non-white players. Congratulations to the SARFU!

Horse shit! Reverse racism is still racism...lipstick on a pig.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2018 at 4:06 PM, Rowan said:

I'm suggesting that if an 8% ethnic minority is dominating a sport that would seem indicative of racist attitudes and needs to be changed. As mentioned, the win over the English earlier this year was a sign that this is working. 

Horse shit. It's indicative of physical ability and interest in the game. 90% of the country couldn't care less about rugby. 

• Like 1

On 9/8/2018 at 3:55 PM, Rowan said:

Sport and competition must, however, be about equal opportunity. That's the very definition. 

Exactly and quotas removes equal opportunity for white players.

8 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Well, gee, since you all like quoting Wiki so much, I looked up the term you just applied:

"Reverse racism or reverse discrimination is a concept that portrays affirmative action in the United States and similar color-conscious programs as a form of anti-white racism on the part of black people and government agencies; it is commonly associated with conservative opposition to such programs.[1] The concept has also been used to characterize various expressions of hostility or indifference toward white people by members of minority groups.[2]

There is little to no empirical evidence to support the idea of reverse racism.[3][4][5] Racial and ethnic minorities in the United States generally lack the power to damage the interests of white people, who remain the dominant group.[6] Claims of reverse racism tend to ignore such disparities in the exercise of power and authority, which scholars argue constitute an essential component of racism.[2][7]

Despite a lack of evidence, belief in reverse racism is widespread in the United States.[5][6] While the U.S. dominates the debate over the issue, the concept of reverse racism has been used internationally to some extent wherever white supremacy has been diminished, such as in post-apartheid South Africa. Allegations of reverse racism therefore form part of a racial backlash against gains by people of colour.[8]"

Great, so if it's not reversed racism,  its plain old normal racism then?

2 minutes ago, Rowan said:

It clearly states reverse racism is a myth, and accusations of reverse racism simply racist themselves, citing South Africa as its shining example.

The Quotas are in place to redress lingering issues from the colonial and apartheid eras, after the South African rugby community failed to do so adequately. There is no equality in South Africa. Everyone knows that economic apartheid is continuing to this day, with the white minority retaining the majority of the wealth.

Everything that is written must be true then. How did I miss that?

13 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Trivia question: Can you name both a New Zealand representative rugby player and a South African representative rugby player who have challenged for the heavyweight boxing championship of the world? Clue, the former played against the Boks, and the latter played in a Currie Cup final. Neither won the world boxing title.

The South African in Kallie Knoetze. 

Its Blue!!!!

Are we now going to be spammed by all kinds of nonsense?

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

Its Blue!!!!

Are we now going to be spammed by all kinds of nonsense?

Sure about that?

5 hours ago, Rowan said:

Ok, time's up, kiddos. Looks like I'm going to have to go a little easier on you in future 🙄 

Name an All Black with Negro ancestry Ranji Wilson or Alan Blake
Name an All Black with Arab ancestry Joe Karam
Name an All Black with Armenian ancestry Matthew Ridge
Name a 7s All Black with Asian ancestry Rocky Khan

How did the English club Saracens get their name? They were set up as local rivals to a club named the Crusaders, which has long since gone defunct. 

Mickey Mouse

Pluto

Donald Duck

Horace Horsecollar

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, taipan said:

Hansen makes good points. It is something that non sports people like Rowan will never understand.

The pivotal point is this one:

”....they got things right and allowed it to develop naturally.....”

Many many moons ago I posted an argument about how I think they should have started of even before 1992. It basically boiled down to creating awareness and interest among the parents of primary school kids.

In other words to get the parents involved in their kids’ sports in the same way as the parents of the white kids are interested and supportive of their kids’ sports. That is after all the main reason why white kids are so interested in the game. 

If they started at that level they would, by now, have had a very different support and interest base among the community of colour and specifically the black community. That is what, I assume, Hansen means by allowing it to develop naturally. 

12 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Pretty poor comments by Hansen.

Saying rugby wasn't a black man's sport is like saying voting in elections wasn't a black man's privilege in the Apartheid era. 

No. This is a poor argument.

He is correct in saying that. It wasn’t a black man’s sport, not in South Africa in any case, and for many different reasons than what you would like to think. I’m not saying this purely to have an argument with you. I’m genuinely convinced about this. 

I will try to find my post, referred to above, rather than typing out my whole argument again. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, vlagman said:

The pivotal point is this one:

”....they got things right and allowed it to develop naturally.....”

Many many moons ago I posted an argument about how I think they should have started of even before 1992. It basically boiled down to creating awareness and interest among the parents of primary school kids.

In other words to get the parents involved in their kids’ sports in the same way as the parents of the white kids are interested and supportive of their kids’ sports. That is after all the main reason why white kids are so interested in the game. 

If they started at that level they would, by now, have had a very different support and interest base among the community of colour and specifically the black community. That is what, I assume, Hansen means by allowing it to develop naturally. 

Exactly Vlag. What we have been saying for years. Sort out the grass roots and the talent will come through, regardless of colour.

The quota is an artificial quick fix designed to hide the total disaster the ANC have made of junior sport at both school and club level. Pump money into development and the results will flow. A classic example of this is British cycling. Twenty years ago it was nowhere, now they dominate the sport in all its forms.

Some fools try and push SA cricket as an example of how quotas can work, but check the schools the black players went to.

The BEE is another form of quota. Sort out education and that problem will also disappear.

• Like 1

Selection in terms of demographic ratios has never worked anywhere in the world.

its as stupid as saying Idris Elba should the next 007.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rowan said:

Pretty poor comments by Hansen.

Saying rugby wasn't a black man's sport is like saying voting in elections wasn't a black man's privilege in the Apartheid era. 

Clearly, Hansen knows more about rugby than you. Over 100 years ago, how many Black African players do you think played rugby in the world? Just think about it for a moment before you put your racist blinkers on.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Goraan
    Newest Member
    Goraan