Sign in to follow this  
Arlecchino

Armchair selectors & SPRINGBOK News

The irony is that AC did not want to select many foreign based players other than 3 WP Players. Kitshoff, Vermeulen and Louw, and from what I hear, Vermeulen has not played any decent rugby at all. Kitshoff, well was he unfortunate a year or so ago when Heyneke Meyer was ignoring every othe rplayer.

If I was trying to fill quota places, Chiliboi would be one of my choices, he has been there, done that and is a pretty good player. But seeing as Strauss is captain.

1 minute ago, supersupporter said:

The irony is that AC did not want to select many foreign based players other than 3 WP Players. Kitshoff, Vermeulen and Louw, and from what I hear, Vermeulen has not played any decent rugby at all. Kitshoff, well was he unfortunate a year or so ago when Heyneke Meyer was ignoring every othe rplayer.

If I was trying to fill quota places, Chiliboi would be one of my choices, he has been there, done that and is a pretty good player. But seeing as Strauss is captain.

I think Chilli buggered up his own chances with the "supplements"

I do not rate Kitshoff - there are other front-row players that are better in my opinion. - I'd change him and du Toit around in a heartbeat - Thomas can even play a bit of TH as well as LH

Kitshoff the red haired prop? The one that was apparently screwing them all in the front row a year or two ago? What have I missed inbetween ?

Limited choices with Flouw and Vermeulen overseas, they are the 2 standouts I would say. Many called for Adriaan a year or three ago, I agreed at the time cos he showed a lot of  leadership in a beleagured Cheetahs team. Now? Not so sure, but we need leadership so maybe he'll step up. We could have had Beast :emot117:Who's vice? I would at least hope for Whiteley - 

36 minutes ago, Hawk_Eye said:

I think Chilli buggered up his own chances with the "supplements"

I do not rate Kitshoff - there are other front-row players that are better in my opinion. - I'd change him and du Toit around in a heartbeat - Thomas can even play a bit of TH as well as LH

Well, that's your prerogative I suppose, but IMO he was the cornerstone of the Dominant Stormers scrum last year. Still very young and mobile for his size. He also made it clear when he left, that it was not permanent, he still really wants to play for and in SA and that he left for the chance to work with the Bordeaux forwards coach. I'm glad he got selected. I think Flow was lucky, but we are thin on experienced test loosies ATM.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DbDraad said:

Well, that's your prerogative I suppose, but IMO he was the cornerstone of the Dominant Stormers scrum last year. Still very young and mobile for his size. He also made it clear when he left, that it was not permanent, he still really wants to play for and in SA and that he left for the chance to work with the Bordeaux forwards coach. I'm glad he got selected. I think Flow was lucky, but we are thin on experienced test loosies ATM.

Not saying that they should have been selected for this squad but Paul Willemse and Goosen said the same about their moves up north.

Oh, and BTW, isn't experience supposed to be overrated.:bounce:

6 minutes ago, vlagman said:

Not saying that they should have been selected for this squad but Paul Willemse and Goosen said the same about their moves up north.

Oh, and BTW, isn't experience supposed to be overrated.:bounce:

In my experience it is heavily overrated.

4 minutes ago, supersupporter said:

What do you guys think our back starting side will look like?

Green shirts, numbered 9 - 15, with white shorts.

• Like 1

Have no real idea of how this is going.

2. Strauss

3. Beast

4. Eben

5. Lood

7. Flo

8. Vermeulen

9. Faf

10. Lambie.

15. Willie

24 minutes ago, taipan said:

Have no real idea of how this is going.

1. Frans Malherbe

2. Strauss

3. Beast

4. Eben

5. Lood

6. Jaco Kriel

7. Flo

8. Vermeulen

9. Faf

10. Lambie.

11. L Mvovo

12.  L Mapoe

13. D de Allende

14. R Combrinck

15. Jesse Kriel

Reserves:

Willie le Roux, Steven Kitshoff, Siya Kolisi, Trevor Nyakane, Julian Redelinghuys, Warren Whiteley,(Scarra Ntubeni)

That'd be my call - 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, taipan said:

Bit short on the old quota, old chap.

There is 7 of them.. Goeie genade - you want the whole of Soweto in there?

4 minutes ago, Hawk_Eye said:

LOL I didn't even count De Allende as a quota. SARU winning the war slowly LOL

7 minutes ago, Hawk_Eye said:

Was talking about the run on team.

Thought I was the only one here to watch the Inbetweeners

2 minutes ago, taipan said:

Was talking about the run on team.

Thought I was the only one here to watch the Inbetweeners

Aha but the ultimate favourite is still  THIS LOT

7 minutes ago, Mata Hari said:

LOL I didn't even count De Allende as a quota. SARU winning the war slowly LOL

De Allende cannot be a quota. I saw an article about his old man explaining his ethnicity. I cannot remember his "composition" (:bounce:) but I can remember that he was apparently "more white" than what is popular believe. 

This bunch of poepolle play the whole thing by ear in any case. I read somewhere (...a post by Taip on the cricket board?) how they arrived at the point that Quinton de Kock is white and cannot count towards the cricket quota, despite being "coloured". 

1 minute ago, vlagman said:

De Allende cannot be a quota. I saw an article about his old man explaining his ethnicity. I cannot remember his "composition" (:bounce:) but I can remember that he was apparently "more white" than what is popular believe. 

This bunch of poepolle play the whole thing by ear in any case. I read somewhere (...a post by Taip on the cricket board?) how they arrived at the point that Quinton de Kock is white and cannot count towards the cricket quota, despite being "coloured". 

This is a holy fuckup.  Massaging a person's heritage in order to prove a point or "win" a point.  Let me tell you, there are a lot of Botha, van Wyk, Erasmus etc - who should not dig too deep into the history pot.  Those voortrekkers were naughty... maybe the odd Maritz & Retief too.. :36_11_6:

But seriously, it is something we can do without.  I did not realise QdK or Daniel were so called coloureds - quite frankly it really does not matter to me.

23 minutes ago, Hawk_Eye said:

This is a holy fuckup.  Massaging a person's heritage in order to prove a point or "win" a point.  Let me tell you, there are a lot of Botha, van Wyk, Erasmus etc - who should not dig too deep into the history pot.  Those voortrekkers were naughty... maybe the odd Maritz & Retief too.. :36_11_6:

But seriously, it is something we can do without.  I did not realise QdK or Daniel were so called coloureds - quite frankly it really does not matter to me.

Agreed. Similar to what the old Apartheid and/or Nazis did to prove Jews were 1/8th or 1/16th or whatever portion they deemed Jewish or 'black'/'coloured' at the time. Just as ridiculous :36_11_13:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Denny
    Newest Member
    Denny