Sign in to follow this  
Barnacle

Super Rugby 2017 - Sharks

DbDraad    594

The Sharks is still a good team, but the Kings are not really half as bad as many people believe. It was just a matter of time before they took a big scalp...yesterday was just their day. Well done to them.

• Like 2

Stu    863

It's nothing to wring hands over. The Kings have been steadily improving. I'm sure there will be more victories to really give SARU a headache.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

supersupporter    796
On 5/13/2017 at 6:20 PM, Stu said:

Sharks rejects....Cloete, Cronje, Vulindlu (who saffex wanted as a Bok years ago).

So who is this Deon Davids?

Looks like the real deal to me, anyone who can get a bunch of players who are relativity unrecognized to be able to play like these Kings do is a decent coach and knows how to get the most out of players.

taipan    1,428
5 minutes ago, supersupporter said:

Looks like the real deal to me, anyone who can get a bunch of players who are relativity unrecognized to be able to play like these Kings do is a decent coach and knows how to get the most out of players.

You mean like Johan Ackermann?

supersupporter    796

The Du Preez twins need to work on ball handling, they have the strength just lack big time in ball skills. The Kings are a well coached outfit and have some serious pace, I think this is where the Bulls are missing the boat, they do not have enough POC in my opinion, and when they do they try pick the biggest guys.

Look at that Kings wing who went there on loan, big guy but is kak. Mjekevu, i think his name is.Now look at Mapimpi and the other smaller players. Lighning quick and are still able to tackle if need be.

taipan    1,428
2 minutes ago, supersupporter said:

The Du Preez twins need to work on ball handling, they have the strength just lack big time in ball skills. 

Poor coaching at junior level?

taipan    1,428
2 minutes ago, supersupporter said:

No

So Ackermann isn't the real deal or didn't get a bunch of unrecognized players to play decent rugby?

supersupporter    796

Their circumstances are not the same at all. Ackerman worked as an understudy to some talented coaches and then took that knowledge forward, I also do not think that his first year in charge was a decent one, i may be wrong. I also think that Ackermans first year as coach he was not in Super rugby. So he had a year to get the guys ready.

Davids I am not sure if he was exposed to a foreign coach and that knowledge that they have, His first year as coach with a relatively small union has not been a bad one at all.

So we cannot compare the 2, This discussion was not about Ackerman in any case, it was about Davids, we are all aware of how well Ackerman has done with his side that he started from scratch,

taipan    1,428

It is basically her same. In any event we should actually be discussing how poor Du Preez has been at the Sharks.

supersupporter    796

I do not think he has been that poor, this is his first season and the Sharks have managed to get some decent wins in, they managed to beat the Jaguares in Argentina which as you know if a tough thing to do for top sides who have the best coaches. :)

LOL! But seriously I think he has not been that bad, next year if the Sharks can retain most of their players i think they will be in a better position, Lambie I still think is a liability. They seem to play better when he and Reinach are not there.

• Like 1

taipan    1,428

Yeah okay, but I recall a year ago there were major rumblings about John Smit and how Teichmann will quickly sort things out. I also remember Sharks supporters here accusing Ackemann of nepotism for picking his son as a touring reserve, but nary a word about Du Preez picking his sons week after week.

Lambie should consider retirement before he gets seriously hurt.

• Like 1

supersupporter    796

I have no issues with a father picking a son, because it can often get the best out of a player. I for one never doubted the selection of Ackerman.

I do however have reservations about the twins selection, I forget which one is which, but the one who plays at 8 i think is the better of the 2.

I think the Sharks need to make some tough calls, I have not yet seen the Kings game, will watch it this afternoon. But for me, Reinach, Lambie and Mvovo are all not giving what they can. Lambie due to injury but the other 2, Mvovo is slow and Reinach, well last weeks game was like a snorefest as soon as he cam eon, kicking from the outset and the dom doos even asked the ref is the ball was in or out when Stevie Wonder could see the ball laying the other side of the white line.

I quite liked the look of that new wing, once again, have not seen him enough to recall his name. He had a try disallowed last week.

supersupporter    796

That was not a bad game of rugby. Bock is not a bad player at 34. Heck he has some pace and Cloete once again showed his worth. Should be Bok 6 no doubt.

Well done Kings they really play some nice looking rugby.

• Like 1

supersupporter    796

Du Preez is another coach off the good old coaching line. NO matter how good of kak you are, if the game plan is set and you are going to be subbed at a certain time then so be it. Chiliboy has been one of the most outstanding players in SA for a very long time and his lineouts are always reliable, yet the dom fokken coach thinks that he was the one who needed to be replaced, not his fumbling sons who cannot carry, pass or catch a ball. Could have beaten the Wolves by 100 points if they knew how to handle a ball. Tough as fucking nails those laaities, but just like Butch James, just will never learn to correct their flaws.

taipan    1,428

Barlee you know that any criticism of the Sharks is automatically trolling.

supersupporter    796

Blacks are allowed to make jokes about blacks, the disabled are allowed to make fun of the disabled, Sharks fans are allowed to crirticise Sharks,

:)

supersupporter    796

Just had a chance to watch the Sharks game, yikes hat Nxosi litie has somer serious pace, watched him burn Cheslin

On another note, i will be happy to see Reinach go, he is just so slow sometimes and often you see him walking to the ruck, perhaps that is a give away that he is going to kick the ball, but I really hope he can work on his game, this guy has pace to burn and yet he is like a snail at times.

• Like 1

Stu    863

Havent decided yet. Both teams missing players I see.

• Like 1

J1M1    551

A Friday night game works for me.....in front of the fire with an adult beverage close by.........and clean toilets!!

• Like 2

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Radiance Space
    Newest Member
    Radiance Space