Sign in to follow this  
Arlecchino

June Internationals

taipan    1,428
1 minute ago, Mata Hari said:

:36_11_6::36_11_6::36_3_16:

You and me. Oh and BTW Charlie. He also asked where was Combrinck

:36_11_6: 

Actually Charlie knew exactly where Combrinck is.

Mata Hari    481
7 hours ago, Mata Hari said:

Well it should be a good game. I'll definitely want to watch it...

9.35 am SA time tomorrow

Stu    863

That Lions defence was brilliant. Looking forward to the first test.

DbDraad    594
20 minutes ago, taipan said:

Lions butchering try scoring opportunities 

Yes, there were at least 3 tries butchered in the second half. 

DbDraad    594
3 minutes ago, Stu said:

That Lions defence was brilliant. Looking forward to the first test.

Undeed. Solid defence wins more matches than a good attack, but the Lions' attack wasn't half shabby either. Good match indeed.

Mata Hari    481

My Adsl buggering around will try catch match later. At least i chose B&L as winners on superbru unlike some hey Jimi   ;)

Stu    863

Well done to the Boks. A decent first outing.

• Like 1

supersupporter    796

Brilliant outing. The Frenchies will need to learn that Jean-Luc is no push over and will hurt them every time he hits them..All the new boys played very well and thank you Ross Croje, we have been needing a player like that for some time. Frans Steyn also had a good game.

taipan    1,428

Probably not the best French team of all time but you can only play against the opposition on the field.

the basic structures looked far better and although it's early days the players seemed to respond to Whitely. Etsebeth's best game of the season as he was playing the ball instead of the man. Marx has put the idiotic Bismarck discussion to bed. The loose forwards are seriously unbalanced with Whitely,having to pack on the side on the opposition put in.

but overall an improvement on last year.

• Like 1

supersupporter    796

Someone else commented on the French and my thoughts are that this Bok side was not an experienced side and whipped them, so from now on as long as they keep building on what they did today they can only get better.

Stu    863

I also thought it was one of Elton's better games for the Boks despite one or two mistakes.

• Like 1

taipan    1,428
Just now, Stu said:

I also thought it was one of Elton's better games for the Boks despite one or two mistakes.

Elton is usually good with the pack going forward. He struggles under pressure.

• Like 1

Owen Meany    552

Ons het n nuwe Bismarck op nommer 2. Pak nog te lig. Kan nie Mostert en Whitely saam speel teen ordentlike oposisie nie. Jan en Kriel uitstekend op die dag maar hulle het goeie bal van Jantjies gekry. Beter gedoen as wat ek verwag het maar die Franse het nie opgedaag nie.

• Like 2

Barnacle    511

Judging by one match is a bit tough. More so, when it is against a French team. And even more so when it is against a French B+ team (or A- team). The French made so many mistakes that a decent high school team could have looked good against them. The French threw this one away. Not by fielding a weak side, but by playing so poorly.

That said, there was improvement in the Boks, but how do you judge the specific improvement, if you got 30+ balls gifted to you from handling errors and an additional 11 from turnovers. There were little glimpses of structure, but I have to add that those were only glimpses. Too soon to judge.

So, let's stick to individuals, starting at the captain. You need a decent captain and Whiteley is a huge improvement over Strauss. Whiteley may not be the world's best in his position, but the same applied to Francois Pienaar (who was actually a KUK player), Teichman and Smit. So, that's a clear improvement.

Marx is a much better hooker than Strauss, who became fat and slow. So, Strauss getting rid of himself gives us two positives!!!

Cronje had a good game, but was under no pressure. Same applies to Jantjies. When Jantjies actually dropped that one kick, you could see he was rattled. The watermelons dropped from his armpits and he walked normally for a change. Lucky for him others saved the day. I don't get the praises he received, because he was not an architect of anything or a play maker. Tries were scored off a break by Coetzee, a lucky penalty try, a line-out move with no full-back on the field and a break by Hougaard and Coetzee, all with no Jantjies in sight, or involved. Seems the team does better when they avoid playing to him...

Centres: Serfontein and Kriel played better than at the Bulls.

Back 3: Is a concern for me. Coetzee is a good attacking player, but the back 3 weren't tested on defence on the day.

Loose-trio: Unbalanced. A little more pressure from a decent team and they'll disappear.

Locks were fine

Props: Lucky to get away with collapsing and early shoves. Unclear how two of our worst props in Super Rugby can get the benefit of calls in the scrums, when it was clear that the collapses occurred, every time they were under a bit of pressure.

I am not yet convinced.

supersupporter    796

Why was it a lucky penalty try?

If the Frenchie never played Skosan's arm he would have had 2 hands to catch the ball and score the try, nothing lucky about that..

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Radiance Space
    Newest Member
    Radiance Space