Sign in to follow this  
Owen Meany

Nou Die Blou!

vlagman    914

Which year was it again, when the Lions Super Rugby side won the Currie Cup?

taipan    1,428

Well it was hardly our fault that Heyneke Meyer refused to pick Lions for the Boks.

Owen Meany    552
9 hours ago, vlagman said:

Which year was it again, when the Lions Super Rugby side won the Currie Cup?

Ek onthou dit goed. Ek het hulle nog die nuwe Griekwas genoem.

J1M1    551

Pumas 51 Bulls 15!!

What is going on in Pretoria????????????????

J1M1    551
1 hour ago, Owen Meany said:

Mitchell het hulle tjommie Nollis afgedank en nou is hulle ongelukkig. 

Ag shame! :36_11_6:

Barnacle    511
12 hours ago, Owen Meany said:

Mitchell het hulle tjommie Nollis afgedank en nou is hulle ongelukkig. 

Die korrekte antwoord!

Het nogal gelyk soos 'n go-slow strike...

J1M1    551

Missing Kwagga.............big time!!

Hawk_Eye    1,357
5 minutes ago, supersupporter said:

Just like the Boks had to write off last year, the Bulls fans will have to do the same this year.

True, everything in life seems to work in cycles.  I have a sneaky suspicion that the Lions are on the wrong side of the bell curve and will not reach the same levels next season.  What the Lions need (Yes I know Swys is a cool guy with lots of technical knowledge) is to go buy Jimmy Stonehouse in Japan.  The Bulls are where they are because of a loss of respect and discipline.  I know, I have been there and have the T shirts.   The quality of the play is as good as the respect between players, coach and management and that synergy is crucial.

Bulls fans will remember the days of Buurman - there was a hard fair task master who had the respect of players, fans and management - and there was discipline.  Lions will suffer without the iron will of Johan of that there is no doubt.  Mitch will soon either fix or totally destroy the Bulls - my money is on fix.

• Like 1

vlagman    914
1 hour ago, supersupporter said:

Just like the Boks had to write off last year, the Bulls fans will have to do the same this year.

Same procedure as last year, Miss Sophie?

Same procedure as every year, James. 

• Haha 2

vlagman    914
1 hour ago, Hawk_Eye said:

True, everything in life seems to work in cycles.  I have a sneaky suspicion that the Lions are on the wrong side of the bell curve and will not reach the same levels next season.  What the Lions need (Yes I know Swys is a cool guy with lots of technical knowledge) is to go buy Jimmy Stonehouse in Japan.  The Bulls are where they are because of a loss of respect and discipline.  I know, I have been there and have the T shirts.   The quality of the play is as good as the respect between players, coach and management and that synergy is crucial.

Bulls fans will remember the days of Buurman - there was a hard fair task master who had the respect of players, fans and management - and there was discipline.  Lions will suffer without the iron will of Johan of that there is no doubt.  Mitch will soon either fix or totally destroy the Bulls - my money is on fix.

Difference is that you do not have players who understand the importance of discipline anymore. The players of today will run to SARPA and the media, the minute that John Mitchell moers one of them with a lanyard or chase them up Polisiekoppie, or whatever it used to be called, like Buurman used to do. They would also probably not "walk through fire" for him in the way that Naas, Moolman, Moaner, Geldenhuys, etc, etc, used to do. 

Things like discipline and esprit de corp comes from both sides. Not only from the top downwards. 

• Like 1

Hawk_Eye    1,357
1 minute ago, vlagman said:

Difference is that you do not have players who understand the importance of discipline anymore. The players of today will run to SARPA and the media, the minute that John Mitchell moers one of them with a lanyard or chase them up Polisiekoppie, or whatever it used to be called, like Buurman used to do. They would also probably not "walk through fire" for him in the way that Naas, Moolman, Moaner, Geldenhuys, etc, etc, used to do. 

Things like discipline and esprit de corp comes from both sides. Not only from the top downwards. 

We both wore a uniform out of choice.  I (we) am quite aware of the reciprocal effect of respect.  There is also a symbioses between respect and discipline. When respect is lacking then discipline is forced which means it is very fragile and will fray at any small hump in the road.  You are quite correct in summing up the general "attitude" of today's crop of young players.  I get the distinct feeling that there is far to much "me-me-me-me" and hardly enough of "us".

Mitchell is faced with a good example of Tuckman's development model.  Unless he sort of follows that type of development model I am afraid it'll be a long walk to disillusionment for fans, sponsors and management alike.  It's like buying a used-car.  You need to go through it from back to front and change the defective parts.  Then slowly change some things to make that car distinctively yours.

Personally I think John Mitchell learned a lot from his past dealings with SAFAS and their frail egos.  I trust he will alter his approach and fix the once mighty Blue Bulls ...:Sports-big-19:

• Like 1

vlagman    914

You would have to go back a very long way to fix things and that not only goes for the Bulls. Yes, I know that I will probably sound like a real old toppie but the younger people of today do not have the respect for anybody or anything anymore. 

And now for the shocker. I do not put all the blame on their shoulders. It is actually our generation who failed them. We, our generation in general, did not bring them up in the way that we were brought up. Problem is that it is human. Nobody wants their kids to "suffer the same hardships that they suffered". A lot of us were lucky and got it right but many failed. My dad was a proper autocrat and I had no right to question him, ever. I vowed that my kids would not have that shit. The challenge was to allow them to differ from me without loosing respect and in such a way that they learnt to speak up for themselves while not becoming real arrogant "rammetjie uitnekke". Others, I suppose tried the extreme approach. A kind is laissez-faire aproach where the kids had their own way and do as they like and demand that things go their way, finish and klaar. Add to that all the human rights shit that came with it. They have become untouchable and we allowed that to happen. 

• Like 3

Mata Hari    481
3 hours ago, Hawk_Eye said:

My prayers are on Mitchell and fix. And no, not overnight :)

Mata Hari    481
13 minutes ago, vlagman said:

You would have to go back a very long way to fix things and that not only goes for the Bulls. Yes, I know that I will probably sound like a real old toppie but the younger people of today do not have the respect for anybody or anything anymore. 

And now for the shocker. I do not put all the blame on their shoulders. It is actually our generation who failed them. We, our generation in general, did not bring them up in the way that we were brought up. Problem is that it is human. Nobody wants their kids to "suffer the same hardships that they suffered". A lot of us were lucky and got it right but many failed. My dad was a proper autocrat and I had no right to question him, ever. I vowed that my kids would not have that shit. The challenge was to allow them to differ from me without loosing respect and in such a way that they learnt to speak up for themselves while not becoming real arrogant "rammetjie uitnekke". Others, I suppose tried the extreme approach. A kind is laissez-faire aproach where the kids had their own way and do as they like and demand that things go their way, finish and klaar. Add to that all the human rights shit that came with it. They have become untouchable and we allowed that to happen. 

Vlag, I agree 200% with you. Said exact same the other day

taipan    1,428

I have serious doubts about Mitchell's man management skills. He has run into the same shit everywhere from the AB's down through the Lions and so on.

Either he is a slow learner, or he is not prepared to change his outlook. I don't see this marriage turning out well.

J1M1    551

Well done Bulle & JM!

SA needs a VERY healthy Bulls team

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Radiance Space
    Newest Member
    Radiance Space