Sign in to follow this  
Hawk_Eye

Rugby’s 15 v 14 dilemma

vlagman    914
52 minutes ago, supersupporter said:

I agree with Draad, there is often an over eagerness to hand out red and many times unwarranted. Bizzie on Cutter being one of them.

So if we have the red followed by a 10 minute bin and then a replacement player can come on, this will justify any error by referees who as we all know this day and age are useless.

We are seeing players penalised by that SA ref in CC simply because they are shouting things like "holding on" yet the same knob cannot even identify a forward pass. These refs know fokol and maybe it is best we let the suspensions take place off the field.

Sometimes I get the idea that the players also know fokol, TBH. 

More serious. What is the ratio between "wrongful" red cards and "legitimate" red cards?

And then, just for the hell of it..... what is the ratio between all games played and games being won/lost due to a "wrong forward pass" decision?

Barnacle    511
17 hours ago, taipan said:

Personally I would give red cards for forward passes. It would sort that shit out.

And I would give them for players shouting "holding on!"...

I have actually "given" yellows for players during training sessions for shouting about infringements. There is one referee on the field and they make the calls, not the players!

• Like 1

WeDaFaKaWe    319
Just now, Barnacle said:

And I would give them for players shouting "holding on!"...

I have actually "given" yellows for players during training sessions for shouting about infringements. There is one referee on the field and they make the calls, not the players!

Klop! That's the way it's always been.

J1M1    552

Waving the arms like a seagull at the ref is also worth a red imho.........

Mata Hari    483

Lol At this rate soon we'll be playing 10 man rugby !!!

If an offence deserves a red as per the laws, give it to the player. It is a teamsport, but substitutions will water the effect down. If need be as someone may have previously suggested, give a red according to the law,   allow the tmos to review the seriousness asap in the 1st 10 min and confirm the red. For eg the SBW red would prob have stayed a red, the red to Kwagga might have been reviewed on the intent principle. But the laws are laws and players must play accordingly. I was watching one of the womens' rugby world cup last night _Italy vs Spain. Italy scored a try at a crucial time ans was disallowed through players either not knowing the laws or disregarding them. That also cost the team but if was the correct decision

Edited by Mata Hari

vlagman    914

The law does not mention intent. This intent thing is something that came into effect when James Comey declared that he could not recommend prosecution for Hillary Clinton because he did not think that there was any intent to harm the national security of the USA. 

How many times have you not heard a ref saying to a player that he knew that the player was not intending to do this, that or the other but, unfortunately, that is the law and it is a penalty?

supersupporter    798
On 8/17/2017 at 2:16 PM, taipan said:

Personally I would give red cards for forward passes. It would sort that shit out.

We first need to figure out what is a forward pass and what is not. No one even knows what a forward pass looks like..

• Haha 1

supersupporter    798

The players often shout to get the refs attention, after all the ref is watching so many things that are on the go, why not shout "holding on"

A guy can tackle another player head first, knock him down, go off for ding dong test, but, do not should "holding on" because that will get you penalised.

I forget which game it was recently where the player went off for a ding dong test, his eye was going blue, yet the ref never called it a high tackle...mmmmmm...

• Like 1

vlagman    914
1 hour ago, supersupporter said:

We first need to figure out what is a forward pass and what is not. No one even knows what a forward pass looks like..

I know. :bounce:

taipan    1,432

So I do. I made a forward pass to a woman and she slapped my face.

• Haha 1

vlagman    914
On 22/08/2017 at 8:41 AM, supersupporter said:

On 22/08/2017 at 9:58 AM, vlagman said:

I know. :bounce:

The moment Kolisi passed to Coetzee for his "try" I said to my wife: "Forward pass". She said that I was wrong and the ref awarded the try. And then they had a look at the pass again....... :bounce:

Hawk_Eye    1,357

Was the Argie 14 not in front of the kickoff?  I have a feeling he was over the line before the ball was kicked.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Radiance Space
    Newest Member
    Radiance Space