Sign in to follow this  
Hawk_Eye

More RIPs

One of the few SA musicians who "made it" o/seas...........RIP Hugh!

15 minutes ago, Hawk_Eye said:

Jip, he could play up a storm.  I believe a humble guy he was.  RIP

Klop. Hy kon daai stuk koper roer.

32 minutes ago, WeDaFaKaWe said:

One of my heroes.

People paid good money to watch him field!

:36_1_38:

Cape Town - Former Springbok prop Lood Muller died on Thursday after being involved in a motor vehicle accident near Dundee, KwaZulu-Natal, earlier this week.

He was 58.

Muller played two Tests - against New Zealand in Cape Town and Australia in Johannesburg - in August 1992.

"One of the first games I ever commentated on for SuperSport was at King's Park," renowned rugby commentator Andy Capostagno wrote on Facebook.

"John Robbie was alongside me and there was a lineout on halfway. The director cut to a closeup of Lood just as John Allan was shouting the lineout call. Reacting to the closeup, John said, 'Lood Muller', and Lood responded, right on cue, 'What?', to which John's reaction was to shout into the microphone, 'Lood Muller!' RIP."

Captained by flyhalf Naas Botha, Muller shared a powerful scrum with fellow front-rankers Uli Schmidt and Johan Styger, locks Adri Geldenhuys and Adolf Malan and loose forwards Wahl Bartmann, Ian MacDonald and Jannie Breedt against the All Blacks.

Heinrich Rodgers replaced Styger for the clash against the Wallabies.

South Africa lost both matches - the first 27-24 and the second 26-3.

The team also featured scrumhalf Robert du Preez, who is currently head coach of the Sharks - the KwaZulu-Natal franchise.

Muller was capped by the same province 90 times.

Only 58...RIP

Edited by Hawk_Eye
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

R.I.P.

But calling Campostagno a "renowned" rugby commentator is a bit over the top.

• Haha 2

RIP - who knows when our bell will go?

1 hour ago, J1M1 said:

RIP - who knows when our bell will go?

Ja Oom.

Rumour is he swerved to avoid a whole lot of rocks in the road (the types placed in the roads nowadays by our fellow country residents) and hit a tree

:36_1_38:

Edited by Mata Hari
  • Sad 1

I played against him once when he played social side rugby for the maritzburg police 6th team I think it was, they hammered us..Was very scary facing him running down on me..

• Haha 1

http://ktla.com/2018/06/08/renowned-chef-host-anthony-bourdain-commits-suicide-at-61/amp/

Anthony Bourdain, the chef and gifted storyteller who took TV viewers around the world to explore culture, cuisine and the human condition for nearly two decades, has died. He was 61.

CNN confirmed Bourdain's death on Friday and said the cause of death was suicide.

Bourdain was in France working on an upcoming episode of his award-winning CNN series, "Parts Unknown." His close friend Eric Ripert, the French chef, found Bourdain unresponsive in his hotel room Friday morning.

"It is with extraordinary sadness we can confirm the death of our friend and colleague, Anthony Bourdain," the network said in a statement Friday morning. "His love of great adventure, new friends, fine food and drink and the remarkable stories of the world made him a unique storyteller.

"His talents never ceased to amaze us and we will miss him very much. Our thoughts and prayers are with his daughter and family at this incredibly difficult time."

"Tony was an exceptional talent," CNN President Jeff Zucker said in an email to employees. "Tony will be greatly missed not only for his work but also for the passion with which he did it."

Fans, fellow chefs, celebrities and friends reacted with stunned sorrow.

"My heart breaks for Tony Bourdain," CNN's chief international correspondent Christiane Amanpour wrote on Twitter. "May he rest in peace now.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Rowan
    Newest Member
    Rowan