Sign in to follow this  
J1M1

Ashes Series 2017/18

There's something special about any Ashes series, especially when it's in Australia..........passion, real 5 day cricket, summer in the South, Christmas comin', early morning viewing, "slightly biased" Aus commentators......lovin' it!!!

These two teams seem well matched?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J1M1 said:

There's something special about any Ashes series, especially when it's in Australia..........passion, real 5 day cricket, summer in the South, Christmas comin', early morning viewing, "slightly biased" Aus commentators......lovin' it!!!

These two teams seem well matched?

Good game in prospect. 

Thankfully we can now listen to the game on four different radio platforms now to get away from the usual boring suspects (try Triple M for something different if you can access it).

The coverage on Channel Nine has always been biased by intention - the primary market is the Australian domestic market for which Channel Nine pays many millions to access and they pander directly to that market. There was a big stink here when the nine commentators were named a few weeks ago - nine white males seven of whom had played for Australia - the PC police lost their minds. That said they are some very good females in the cricket media and they should have grabbed one of them. Channel Ten, who cover the Big Bash, have got Morne Morkel's missus heading up the coverage so it is hardly a novel or new thing.  

• Like 1

KP is on isn't he. I was looking for test match special earlier but not sure if they are covering it.

19 minutes ago, taipan said:

KP is on isn't he. I was looking for test match special earlier but not sure if they are covering it.

TMS is doing it. There is rights restrictions around accessing the coverage but you might be able to get it via cricket.com.au if the BBC link doesn't work 

21 minutes ago, taipan said:

KP is pretty good - mind you he isn't beating much (Slater, Taylor, Healy are pure cheerleaders). I think Vaughan gets a run too

1 hour ago, taipan said:

Maybe  1962. I see he is still banging on about the back foot rule.

One of his many hobby horses. I normally watch with the volume down and stream one of the radio stations - the only problem is the lag on the radio via the web

Let's see if there's an emergency call-up for Stokes...... who enjoys beating up blokes :36_11_6:

20 hours ago, taipan said:

So Aus 1 up. 

Pretty easy in the end.

Both middle of the road teams for mine - both batting line ups are shallow and the Poms (minus Stokes) are missing a couple of bowlers

• Like 1

18 hours ago, J1M1 said:

Let's see if there's an emergency call-up for Stokes...... who enjoys beating up blokes :36_11_6:

The Pommie police must be on banker hours - surely two months is enough time to make a decision to press charges 

• Haha 1

On Monday, November 27, 2017 at 5:41 AM, Docker said:

The Pommie police must be on banker hours - surely two months is enough time to make a decision to press charges

The problem normally lies with the CPS

The Pom l/handers seem clueless against Lyons......and on the whole definitely don't want it as much as the Aussies do....imho

On 12/6/2017 at 4:16 PM, J1M1 said:

Two zip........goodnight nurse.

They didn't give a yelp on the last day.

Hopefully Cummins, Hazelwood and Starc can stay fit until March 2018 and then we can watch two lots of proper fast bowlers go about their business

• Like 1

On 12/9/2017 at 5:21 PM, taipan said:

I see the England team is imploding. Another player about to be banned.

Apart from Stokes the rest of it has all been minor but they must be a bunch of slow burners. 

On 12/11/2017 at 3:42 PM, J1M1 said:

They need more than Stokes.................more like a miracle!!

I would be surprised if we (Australia) don't win at the WACA. Only SA has a good record there in recent times (probably because the conditions are familiar)

I am off to the Lord Taverners Breakfast tomorrow - should be a good gig with Gilly et al.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, J1M1 said:

Send us those Kodak moments............

Gilly was OK but Sir Tim Rice was very funny. 

The big Marsh and Bancroft showed up but we got the usual sport speak babble from them 

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Denny
    Newest Member
    Denny