Sign in to follow this  
taipan

Thank F*ck

Ramaphosa in. Not that I am great lover of him but the alternative was inconceivable 

• Like 3

RSA Minister of Police

@MbalulaFikile

·

14h

JUST voted for the mother princess NDZ #HistoryBeckons Dedication to all women 

pack your bags tosser

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, taipan said:

Ramaphosa in. Not that I am great lover of him but the alternative was inconceivable 

In my "previous life" I had quite a few dinners where he was present - I was "lucky" to share a table with him  on two occasions.  He is well spoken and a clever guy.  He can twist a conversation in any way he wants.

I think SA to a a comparison was sort of in the same situation as America - choosing the lesser of two evils.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, taipan said:

RSA Minister of Police

@MbalulaFikile

·

14h

JUST voted for the mother princess NDZ #HistoryBeckons Dedication to all women 

pack your bags tosser

DRV4HOUW0AAizO-.jpg

DRWDNeqWAAECp9m.jpg

DRWDOuYXkAEQpJf.jpg

DRWDLslXkAAkeKE.jpg

LOL - on his bicycle..

DRWDQWIW0AI8VSD.jpg

I don’t know. This is literally like the lesser of two evils as someone has said. My worry is that I do not trust CR. I think he is an even bigger skelm than Zuma. The only problem is that he is a “gladdebek” as well. He is clever enough to do as he like without getting caught out. 

For some reason this reminds me too much of the previous transitions. Mbeki was groomed to take over from Mandela who, IMO, was pretty much a puppet in his last year. Mbeki was, after all, groomed to become the President. That was decided on Robben Island long before the ANC was unbanned. That is also the reason why his old man, Govan was the first to be released back in the day. 

Then, when he was recalled, Zuma was th Messiah. I remember listening to 702 to that wanker Keimo Kammies blabbering on about how Zuma needs to be given a chance. How the people called on saying how great it was that Mbeki was out of the way and how unjust the charges against Zuma was and, and, and. How SA was going to go forward then. 

This  was done just in time for everybody to believe that there is a new dawn and that everything is honky dory. So, come the next elections everybody will be full steam behind the “new ANC” before everything returns to normal and the thieving can begin (carry on?) in all earnest. 

Nah....the Gupta's still have Ace there for them. And Mabuza is nothing but a gangster.

• Like 1

Some balanced thought.............

Who really won the ANC’s presidency? One might be forgiven for thinking that Monday’s result was actually, in many ways, a win for embattled President Jacob Zuma. It’s clear that the delegates at #ANC54 voted to avoid a massive split in the party. They did not vote by slates. But they did not vote for the good of the country either. The mixed-slate result will be used to emphasise unity in the party but could also play straight into Zuma’s hands and make the road to the 2019 election a much more rocky one for the ANC.

Perhaps we have, again, underestimated the political shrewdness of Jacob Zuma. The power brokers used ‘unity’ as a guise to make sure that Zuma stays exactly where he is. It would appear as if a much-anticipated recall of Jacob Zuma will now not happen any time soon. The strength of votes makes a recall, it seems, almost impossible.

The many strong calls (and promises) for a renewed and clean ANC were also dealt a strong blow when one considers who is in the top six. It is not possible to “self-correct” when you elect compromised candidates.

Ace Magashule’s election as secretary general (by only 24 votes) means that he, essentially, now manages the organisation and its 2019 election campaign. The Free State PEC was unable to participate in the last two ANC conferences. The man who was in charge of that badly run province is none other than Magashule. He is also closely associated with the Gupta’s, supported Zuma’s presidency and is part of the so-called “premier league.” Magashule has been very hostile to the media because of the pressure they have applied on him in exposing his badly run province. The courts have ruled against him for managing ANC processes illegally.

Newly elected deputy president, David Mabuza, is another Zumaite and member of the “premier league.” He too has been accused of dirty business - including intimidating ANC members to vote for his so-called unity campaign. He also threatened journalists. He and his president have completely different outlooks and constituencies – how will this work in reality? It remains to be seen if it will work at all.

The situation can still be salvaged if newly-elected president Cyril Ramaphosa gets a majority within the NEC. This may give him the edge that he needs to hold the balance of power and really take the reigns. The NEC will be announced later this week.

The end result is that Ramaphosa does not really have a mandate and his hands seem to be tied. He is isolated and so anything he tries to do will likely be blocked. This means that President Zuma has bought the time he needs to do a lot more damage – think nuclear for example.

Some argue that Ramaphosa has two allies in the top six: newly elected national chair, Gwede Mantashe, and treasurer general, Paul Mashatile. But we need to remember: Mantashe has not always been forthcoming in challenging Zuma’s shenanigans. He has been part of the very apparatus that has kept the embattled Zuma in power.

Speaking of Zuma apparatus: the return of Jessie Duarte to the top six is also interesting. Besides her support for Zuma, it is also well known that she and Mantashe don’t see eye to eye.

While the morale of the country may be boosted by Ramaphosa’s election and the markets have shown their support, South Africa is still on a political knife edge. When three of the top six are Zuma supporters and have serious allegations hanging over their heads, the ANC’s leadership continues to be compromised. A leadership riddled with people who have serious allegations hanging over their heads cannot steer a “self-correction” with credibility.

It is unlikely that the election result will be contested in court – as some have predicted it might be – because the guise of ‘unity’ will be exposed. This may be a small relief. Factionalism, however, is now solidly embedded in the organisation's leadership.

One cannot but help wonder if South Africa’s politics has not just got a whole lot more messy and unruly, creating just the kind of environment Jacob Zuma needs to continue as he has been continuing…

so it goes..............................

I don't think anyone considers that this is a magic cure. However it is a step, however small, in the right direction. The consequences of NDZ winning were to appalling to consider.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, taipan said:

I don't think anyone considers that this is a magic cure. However it is a step, however small, in the right direction. The consequences of NDZ winning were to appalling to consider.

Lesser of two evils.  However they have effectively rendered him a bit of a lame duck with the "support" he is suppose to have as executives.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taipan said:

That pretty much sums it up.

jip, just as I thought

Cape Town - There is no clarity yet which of the two factions in the ANC - those behind newly elected ANC president Cyril Ramaphosa or those supporting the closely defeated Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma - will dominate when the ruling party sets the economic agenda for South Africa going forward, political analyst Daniel Silke told Fin24 shortly after the election result was announced on Monday evening.

This view was echoed by Tinyiko Ngwenya, economist at Old Mutual Investment Group.

"What type of economic policy can Cyril Ramaphosa realistically push through with who he has at his side?" Ngwenya told Fin24.

READ: Ramaphosa no magic bullet for SA - JPMorgan

"Foreign investors are very agnostic. They don’t really know much about SA politics. They will just be glad that Cyril won. SA investors might be asking some questions though. With David Mabuza as deputy president, Ace Magashule as secretary general and Jessie Duarte as deputy secretary general, the question that will be asked is: who is really in charge?"

Nazmeera Moola, co-head of fixed income at Investec Asset Management, said the markets will be relieved that Ramaphosa has been elected as president of the ANC.

"The composition of the Top 6, though, is extremely divided and that is why voting was so close. It is because of this divided Top 6, that the composition of the NEC will now be key in determining how long Jacob Zuma remains president, what the composition of the Cabinet will be and what sort of economic policy we will have going forward,” she told Fin24.

Whatever happens, Cyril will have to address the two main issues to keep his job and keep the EFF out, The land issue and economic transformation. Maybe he should start with Steinhoff and the wine farms those crooks own.

• Like 1

Colour me optimistic but I think JZ will be gone sooner rather than later. The ANC won't want him leading the party into the 2019 elections. He is too much of a target for the opposition.

57 minutes ago, Stu said:

Whatever happens, Cyril will have to address the two main issues to keep his job and keep the EFF out, The land issue and economic transformation. Maybe he should start with Steinhoff and the wine farms those crooks own.

It's interesting to see zero KZN reps in the top 6 now.........the party's over?

24 minutes ago, taipan said:

Colour me optimistic but I think JZ will be gone sooner rather than later. The ANC won't want him leading the party into the 2019 elections. He is too much of a target for the opposition.

Didn't they recently very quietly alter the State of Emergency document?

Can't help but feel Zuma & the Guptas are way ahead of the game right now...............

1 hour ago, J1M1 said:

It's interesting to see zero KZN reps in the top 6 now.........the party's over?

KZN hatred? :bounce:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vlagman said:

KZN hatred? :bounce:

Fucken Zulu's. Cause kak wherever they go!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, taipan said:

I'm with you on this one. If the Cyril camp gets a majority in the NEC, I reckon JZ is gone before parliament re-opens.

Also, like typical politicians anywhere, JZ's  buddies will quickly re-align themselves to where the "grass is greener" for themselves.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Goraan
    Newest Member
    Goraan