Sign in to follow this  
supersupporter

Currie Cup 2018

Watching WP last night has to make one wonder what Sergeal Petersen has not been given a chance with the Boks, the guy is fearless in the air and very often creates opportunities for others, really talented player.

Also, the Sharks/Cheetahs game - Free State put out their 2nd/3rd team of raw youngsters & nearly cause an upset which kind of gives you the real status of SA Super rugby? 

• Like 1

Guest Stu
2 hours ago, J1M1 said:

Also, the Sharks/Cheetahs game - Free State put out their 2nd/3rd team of raw youngsters & nearly cause an upset which kind of gives you the real status of SA Super rugby? 

Followed by the Cheetahs A side getting whipped by Munster. We are in deep kaka. 

But there is hope. Rassie wants to coach the Bulls as well as the Boks!!!

8 hours ago, Guest Stu said:

Followed by the Cheetahs A side getting whipped by Munster. We are in deep kaka. 

But there is hope. Rassie wants to coach the Bulls as well as the Boks!!!

:36_11_6:

Indeed. Why you logged in as a guest and why can't I like his post as guest Barlee?

12 hours ago, J1M1 said:

That young center from the Free State, I think it's another Venter, looks like he has great skills and strength.

Free State produce such talented players, I just wish we can start seeing them produce better results in Pro14, there should be no excuses, they never played SR this year and should be ready for the task at hand.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if you watched the CC game that J1M1 mentioned. This Venter was playing center in that game not the Pro14 Munster game.

If you haven't seen it, you should try and get hold of it. The youngster had a number of impressive runs. Really strong.

As J1M1 also mentioned these were 2nd and 3rd stringers against a lot of the Sharks SR players.

Some good talent that probably will never see the G&G or event the Cheetahs lineup because of their complexion.

• Like 1

SARU are officially BROKE........seriously!!

• Like 1

Believe me there is no point in Namibia playing the Springboks. The CC is unfortunate though. Although even the CC has been a step to high over the past few years.

On 9/7/2018 at 9:23 PM, Rowan said:

Sad to see Namibia is going to pull out of the Currie Cup because they're being forced to pay all the visiting teams' expenses. Surely South Africa could afford to cover this. Zimbabwe should be in there too. If they could play these teams in the bad old days, why not now in the age of pro rugby? I also think Namibia should get an annual home test against the Boks. They're obviously too good for the Gold Cup, and if they can't play their powerhouse neighbors on a regular basis doesn't it seem a little bit farcical that they get to do so at the World Cup?

They are worried that namibia and Zimbabwe will beat them :)

When I compare the Currie Cup to the NZ Mitre Cup it is obvious our rugby is not in the same league. Every game is pretty competitive, they have 2 divisions if I am not mistaken, which overlap. I watch a lot of NPC rugby and I enjoy it, Currie Cup is too small, not a draw card any more. I would not be surprised if in our lifetime we see the end of Currie Cup as a move to European Rugby takes place.

Shot Stu! Right now us Lions look like the walking dead............just too lazy to drop.

I shouldnt do this with a possible semi final/final looming but what the hell, I'll just leave this little stat here....Sharks vs Lions 2018 : 2-0. #justsaying

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Sharks v WP the curtain-raiser...........Sharks by 6 points (J1M1's kiss of death)

Massive crowd at Newlands............no wonder they're broke!

I watch a lot of the Mitre10 Cup in NZ and there is no wonder our rugby is in trouble, the standard of their domestic competition makes ours look like school rugby.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2018 at 1:07 AM, DbDraad said:

Ja Jimmy,  I can't be bothered to go there anymore. Will go even less when they move to CT Stadium.

which means the pictures will look even worse!

Maybe WP should buy some dummies to fill the seating :36_11_6:

17 minutes ago, J1M1 said:

which means the pictures will look even worse!

Maybe WP should buy some dummies to fill the seating :36_11_6:

Why? Dummies already pay to fill them :)

• Haha 1

All jokes aside, how about that Try by Sergeal Petersen, that was special, nice to see a winger back himself and run around another player, and one who is not a slouch.

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Goraan
    Newest Member
    Goraan