Mata Hari

Cricket news

Guest DennisL   
Guest DennisL

Seems like the T20 Challenge is "On" again!

As Po pointed out, with all the Pomp and Ceremony. Must be their worst Marketing attempt yet!

Is the ANYBODY at CSA that is even just slightly competent, at anything?

And, welcome back Old Nick! How was the African Safari??

bobbok    205

Should have been long gone long ago, too many fingers in the jar for the provinces to fire them. Its time for the fans, players and the rest of the people involved in cricket to say:" enough is enough" This circus must be stopped....NOW!

Like this :

Guest Thato   
Guest Thato

We need to all do something radical - you are right DB - players, fans alike, a mass action of some sorts in a bid to oust Majola, Mali, Kass Naidoo - the whole lot.

We need to start a revolution - this is madness!!!

Mata Hari    491

Hehehehe. seems they are now so confused they are not even sure whose knife is in whose back anymore.

By the way, you will see that this thread is now pinned and I suggest we put all general breaking news on here, similar to the "News from around the web"-one on the motorsport board.

That was the idea behind the thread title

What does pinned mean?

taipan    1,494

That was the idea behind the thread title

What does pinned mean?

Means it stays at the top of the page.

Guest Old Nick   
Guest Old Nick

And, welcome back Old Nick! How was the African Safari??

African safari was awesome, but I have decided to stay away from here until the cat dies. :15_8_217:

Guest DennisL   
Guest DennisL

Not in my lifetime! Just as nasty as always I see.

Anyway, Hawk has graciously managed to double up on Jiggy!

Mata Hari    491

1st final Aus beat Sri Lanka today

Aus scored 321/6 50 overs

Sri Lanka replied 306 all out

Warner magnificent innings 163 in 157 balls

Sri Lanka looked like they wer on a losing streak 144/6 needing 178 off way fewer balls. But they didnt give up and barely lost in the end.

2nd final out of 3 being played Tuesday in Adelaide. Last few odis in Aus have cetainly been entetaining, india vs sri lanka (that great 100+ from Kohli, the last game sri lanka beat aus by 9 runs to send india home and now first final. Been a good few odis for the aus crowd (and us watching)

Docker    446

1st final Aus beat Sri Lanka today

Aus scored 321/6 50 overs

Sri Lanka replied 306 all out

Warner magnificent innings 163 in 157 balls

Sri Lanka looked like they wer on a losing streak 144/6 needing 178 off way fewer balls. But they didnt give up and barely lost in the end.

2nd final out of 3 being played Tuesday in Adelaide. Last few odis in Aus have cetainly been entetaining, india vs sri lanka (that great 100+ from Kohli, the last game sri lanka beat aus by 9 runs to send india home and now first final. Been a good few odis for the aus crowd (and us watching)

Australia fell in - should have won by 100 runs plus. Have to admire the Sri Lanka fighting spirit. If they could find a top class spinner and a few decent quicks they would again be a top Test side.

I don't think continually rotating players is all that helpful. Some bowlers need a lot of bowling to achieve their best form and the same could be said for some batsman. When the pressure went on last night Pattinson and Hilfenhaus lost their way - they have both played very little in the last month and it showed at crunch time.

Mata Hari    491

Yep, Aus were lucky to pull that one out. At one stage, the stage where Sri Lanka needed 178 + i went outside for a while thinking game almost over, and 30 min later i came back in to see game on...aus will have to watch out 2nd odi they might have chosen to play against the tiger and not the pussy cat

vlagman    950

Oopsie...............................

http://www.sport24.co.za/Cricket/Proteas-player-fails-dope-test-20120315

Johannesburg - A South African anti-doping organization says Proteas all-rounder Rory Kleinveldt has failed a doping test.

The South African Institute for Drug-Free Sport said Thursday that Kleinveldt returned a positive sample for a banned substance, but declined to give further details.

The South African Cricketers' Association had earlier said Kleinveldt, who has played two Twenty20 games for South Africa, should be withdrawn from upcoming domestic matches "as a precaution."

SACA also declined to reveal the substance but says it plans to review the medical evidence.

Kleinveldt, who turned 29 on Thursday, can ask for his "B'' sample to be tested.

Guest Thato   
Guest Thato

Eish... And we are going to hear how it was a substance in antibiotics that he didn't know had a banned substance...

Guest Thato   
Guest Thato

Hi Thato

How you going?

Hey Trix my angel. Doing well thanks and hope you are well too? Missed you here and nice to 'see' you

vlagman    950

Now look how the colour this in. The article in Beeld says that Kleinveldt has confessed that it was not stimulants that he tested positive for, it was Dagga.

http://www.beeld.com/Suid-Afrika/Nuus/Kleinveldt-erken-Dit-was-dagga-20120316

"Dit was dagga en nie opkikkers nie wat ’n Protea-krieketspeler eergister in die pekel laat beland het.

Rory Kleinveldt het gister gebieg dat hy positief getoets is vir die gebruik van dié dwelmmiddel tydens ’n roetinetoets ná ’n wedstryd vir die Cobras verlede maand."

This is the one on News24, same set-up really:

http://www.sport24.co.za/Cricket/Kleinveldt-to-admit-guilt-20120316

Kleinveldt to admit guilt

2012-03-16 12:40

Johannesburg - Cape Cobras seam bowler Rory Kleinveldt will plead guilty to doping charges, according the SA Cricketers' Association (SACA).

Traces of Cannabis were found in the player's test sample after an anti-doping test conducted in February, Saca said on Friday.

"I need to admit to having acted irresponsibly," Kleinveldt said in a statement.

"I have made a big mistake at a time when I should have known that what I was doing was wrong.

"As a person, and a professional cricketer, I need to take responsibility for this and deal with the consequences of my actions." Tony Irish, the chief executive of SACA, said Kleinveldt was "distraught".

"He knows that he has made a mistake but he is the kind of person who is prepared to front up to it and take responsibility," Irish said.

"Cannabis is a 'specified substance' on the World Anti-Doping Agency's prohibited substances list which means that, although it is banned, it is recognised as being unlikely to have been taken for any performance enhancing reason."

Kleinveldt was handed a provisional suspension, SACA said, pending a formal anti-doping enquiry.

Kleinveldt, who turned 29 on Thursday, has played two Twenty20 International matches for South Africa.

He represented the Proteas at the World T20 tournament in the West Indies in 2010.

Why don't they just say it as it is. The donner has been smoking dagga. It is more than just a prohibited substance on the Wolrd Anti-Doping Agency's list, it is a fvcking illegal drug. Finish and klaar.

Guest DennisL   
Guest DennisL

And this is the first and only time he's ever experimented with it, socially of course! Fat chance!

Anyone smell a Gibbs rat here??

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Rudi
    Newest Member
    Rudi