Mata Hari

Cricket news

Not shabby for a Boxing day..........my guess is that +50% of them have new melanomas.......and LARGE headaches!!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, J1M1 said:

Not shabby for a Boxing day..........my guess is that +50% of them have new melanomas.......and LARGE headaches!!

Yip being in the sun nowadays (heat wave) is madness...

1-0 but it could've been a different result......... Pakistan lost it in the second dig. Two class seam attacks.....let's see if Duanne plays in Cape Town 

9 hours ago, taipan said:

If Vern is fit I see Duanne being dropped

my gut-feel..........maybe Dale should take a breather?

5 hours ago, taipan said:

The more Dale bowls the better he gets. Didn't have much luck in the first test.

True, but imho he, FAF & Amla are past their sell-by dates. The clock on the wall says it's time to go...........give the young lads a break!!

Quiet here. Nice first day at Newlands...should have been much better after the 50 odd for 5, but let's not get too greedy.

Where did that last ball of the day come from??????

Markram looked good for 100+

On 12/29/2018 at 5:25 PM, J1M1 said:

True, but imho he, FAF & Amla are past their sell-by dates. The clock on the wall says it's time to go...........give the young lads a break!!

Maybe but not point playing the kids if they aren't any better and there is a series on  the line. With Faf being rubbed out there is an opportunity to blood a player. From afar Faf and Steyn still look the part but Amla appears to be done - someone should tap him on the shoulder and suggest that it he should go out on his own terms

• Like 1

On 12/18/2018 at 11:45 PM, taipan said:

The team that wins the toss at the G will win the series

The toss is too important IMHO but I don't think it would have saved Australia in any event. India are a good side - I can't work out if that is because they have a great team or Australia are just so ordinary  - I suspect it has more to do the latter 

Actually I expected this to be a lot closer. We knew the Aus batting was weak but I didn't foresee the disintegration of the bowling unit. I have no idea why Cummins doesn't get the new nut. Langer must be under some pressure.

• Like 1

And the really funny part is the commentators saying Aus have the best bowling unit in the world. India is pretty useful. Jimmy and Broad have 1000 between them and in the last test SA fielded 4 quickies with an average under 23. That is not including Ngidi and a spinner who has a better average and S/R than Lyon.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, taipan said:

And the really funny part is the commentators saying Aus have the best bowling unit in the world. India is pretty useful. Jimmy and Broad have 1000 between them and in the last test SA fielded 4 quickies with an average under 23. That is not including Ngidi and a spinner who has a better average and S/R than Lyon.

I likewise find this statement idiotic. For mine the seam attack has been more disappointing than the batsmen - we all knew the batsmen were shit but to allow India to rattle up 600 isn't something the best unit in the world should allow.

The Pommy pair are handy at home only so it would have to be out of the Saffers and Indians as to who has the best attack and where they are playing. I like the extreme pace of Rabada and Ngidi so I would lean towards SA as the best attack.

To be fair to Lyon is last two years have been excellent after being used as a stock bowler for the first part of his career and he does have 335 Test wickets.  

58 minutes ago, taipan said:

Actually I expected this to be a lot closer. We knew the Aus batting was weak but I didn't foresee the disintegration of the bowling unit. I have no idea why Cummins doesn't get the new nut. Langer must be under some pressure.

Starc will be getting a DCM so Cummins should get the new rock.

Langer won't be under any pressure until after the Ashes - I can't stand the bloke but he can't be blamed of the best batsman in the side is Pat Cummins. 

From what i've seen, Pakistan's attack is also not too shabby.......

I see the Pakistan captain has covered himself in glory. Interesting to see how this plays out.

some strange selections from these 'experts"..........

ICC 2018 teams of the year:

Test:

Tom Latham (New Zealand)‚ Dimuth Karunaratne (Sri Lanka)‚ Kane Williamson (New Zealand)‚ Virat Kohli (India‚ captain)‚ Henry Nicholls (New Zealand)‚ Rishabh Pant (India)‚ Jason Holder (West Indies)‚ Kagiso Rabada (South Africa)‚ Nathan Lyon (Australia)‚ Jasprit Bumrah (India)‚ Mohammad Abbas (Pakistan).

ODI:

Rohit Sharma (India)‚ Jonny Bairstow (England)‚ Virat Kohli (India‚ captain)‚ Joe Root (England)‚ Ross Taylor (New Zealand)‚ Jos Buttler (England)‚ Ben Stokes (England)‚ Mustafizur Rahman (Bangladesh)‚ Rashid Khan (Afghanistan)‚ Kuldeep Yadav (India)‚ Jasprit Bumrah (India).

4 hours ago, Docker said:

I see the Pakistan captain has covered himself in glory. Interesting to see how this plays out.

Has to be a ban.

4 hours ago, J1M1 said:

some strange selections from these 'experts"..........

ICC 2018 teams of the year:

Test:

Tom Latham (New Zealand)‚ Dimuth Karunaratne (Sri Lanka)‚ Kane Williamson (New Zealand)‚ Virat Kohli (India‚ captain)‚ Henry Nicholls (New Zealand)‚ Rishabh Pant (India)‚ Jason Holder (West Indies)‚ Kagiso Rabada (South Africa)‚ Nathan Lyon (Australia)‚ Jasprit Bumrah (India)‚ Mohammad Abbas (Pakistan).

ODI:

Rohit Sharma (India)‚ Jonny Bairstow (England)‚ Virat Kohli (India‚ captain)‚ Joe Root (England)‚ Ross Taylor (New Zealand)‚ Jos Buttler (England)‚ Ben Stokes (England)‚ Mustafizur Rahman (Bangladesh)‚ Rashid Khan (Afghanistan)‚ Kuldeep Yadav (India)‚ Jasprit Bumrah (India).

Indeed. The Kiwis play a lot of B grade opponents which pad their numbers. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Docker said:

I can't understand the point of insulting someone in a language that he or she doesn't understand.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Goraan
    Newest Member
    Goraan