Mata Hari

Cricket news

8 hours ago, taipan said:

Has to be a ban.

Will the disciplinary be in Urdu....???? :36_11_6:

19 hours ago, WeDaFaKaWe said:

I can't understand the point of insulting someone in a language that he or she doesn't understand.

We (saffers) do it freely in afrikaans when overseas Weda. Mostly to get rid of frustration. I am sure Vlag will concur 😉

I can't understand the point of insulting someone in a language that he or she doesn't understand.

I Agree. Doubt if we insult other teams in Afrikaans as it would be similarly pointless.

26 minutes ago, taipan said:

I Agree. Doubt if we insult other teams in Afrikaans as it would be similarly pointless.

Unless you are playing England, NZ and Australia all of which have the odd Saffer in their ranks

• Like 1

Is Pethly upset? Traumatized?

Let's face it he had a lot of close calls, I think the Pakki skipper was just pointing it out to him.

30 minutes ago, Docker said:

Unless you are playing England, NZ and Australia all of which have the odd Saffer in their ranks

Which proves the point. The player understands the insult.

I'm conflicted about this......

During the 37th over of SA's chase of 203‚ Ahmed was clearly heard by the broadcast stump mics saying: “Abey kaale‚ teri ammi aaj kahaan baitheen hain? Kya parwa ke aaye hai aaj?".

Translated literally‚ it means: “"Hey black guy‚ where's your mother sitting today? What [prayer] have you got her to say for you today?"

Only a brain-dead idiot would sledge a guy in a language he can't understand. Reading the translation this somehow doesn't look like an insult imho.......

My Afrikaans saffer response would be "jou pa het fokkol beeste" ( your father does not own even one cow - Docks, cows are the true symbol of wealth in this place).

I'm open to other sides of the argument...........  

4 hours ago, Mata Hari said:

We (saffers) do it freely in afrikaans when overseas Weda. Mostly to get rid of frustration. I am sure Vlag will concur 😉

When I feel the need to insult someone over here, I do it in English so they know that it is meant to be an insult. When I want to tell one of my family what I think of someone without them knowing, I’ll do it in Afrikaans. Something like saying to my wife: “Hierdie doos dink ek weet nie hy probeer my bedonner nie” (This cnut thinks that I don’t know he’s trying to take me for a ride). 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, vlagman said:

When I feel the need to insult someone over here, I do it in English so they know that it is meant to be an insult. When I want to tell one of my family what I think of someone without them knowing, I’ll do it in Afrikaans. Something like saying to my wife: “Hierdie doos dink ek weet nie hy probeer my bedonner nie” (This cnut thinks that I don’t know he’s trying to take me for a ride). 

Exactly my point. We say stuff in afrikaans that we dnt want international people to understand. The pakistani captain was no doubt doing the same ie his teammates would understand no one else was intended to hear or understand. Unfortunately stupid enough near a mike someone did hear and ask for an interpretation. .my take ..our local brothers cry racism at every fart nowadays...

Edited by Mata Hari
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mata Hari said:

Exactly my point. We say stuff in afrikaans that we dnt want international people to understand. The pakistani captain was no doubt doing the same ie his teammates would understand no one else was intended to hear or understand. Unfortunately stupid enough near a mike someone did hear and ask for an interpretation. .my take ..our local brothers cry racism at every fart nowadays...

Everybody cries racism at ever fart nowadays, not only the local brothers, TBH...

Not only racism but sexism, homophobia, etc, etc for any BS you can think of. The latest political buzzword is probably White Supremecy. Check this out:

I watched a video clip earlier and cannot find it. It was about an American woman going off at a radio host calling him a white supremacist and the fact that he knows nothing about being black blah blah di blah. He left her to finish her rant and then told her that she has probably not prepared herself well enough for the interview. Had she done that, she would have known that the radio host was a black guy himself. What did she do? She said that her people (her research team) fucked up. The normal thing, you know. Find someone else to blame for your own fuck ups. 

And on that bombshell..... back to the guys who were trying to discuss cricket before we fucked up the thread with politics again. :bounce:

Edited by vlagman

1 hour ago, vlagman said:

Everybody cries racism at ever fart nowadays, not only the local brothers, TBH...

Not only racism but sexism, homophobia, etc, etc for any BS you can think of. The latest political buzzword is probably White Supremecy. Check this out:

I watched a video clip earlier and cannot find it. It was about an American woman going off at a radio host calling him a white supremacist and the fact that he knows nothing about being black blah blah di blah. He left her to finish her rant and then told her that she has probably not prepared herself well enough for the interview. Had she done that, she would have known that the radio host was a black guy himself. What did she do? She said that her people (her research team) fucked up. The normal thing, you know. Find someone else to blame for your own fuck ups. 

And on that bombshell..... back to the guys who were trying to discuss cricket before we fucked up the thread with politics again. :bounce:

All whites need to renounce "white privilege". I am happy to do this but I am keeping all my stuff.     

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Docker said:

All whites need to renounce "white privilege". I am happy to do this but I am keeping all my stuff.     

Lol  you are funny 😉

Back to the cricket - England 77 all out :36_11_6: against them Windies.

methinks there's a tad too much smokin' going on:joint:

England only need 628 to win with 2 days to get them........:)

• Haha 1

Rum to heal the wounds - a 381 run defeat hurts!!

3 hours ago, WeDaFaKaWe said:

8 Wickets in an ODI is just as painful.

We have a LOT to learn about white ball cricket it seems. The Asian teams play it a lot!!!

On 1/28/2019 at 3:19 PM, J1M1 said:

We have a LOT to learn about white ball cricket it seems. The Asian teams play it a lot!!!

None of it really matters until June - get all the bad performances out of the way now

• Like 2

On 1/27/2019 at 10:23 AM, J1M1 said:

Rum to heal the wounds - a 381 run defeat hurts!!

So double up on the Poms next Test - the Windies are like lightning - very rarely strike twice

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks Quinny!! A match winning innings

Some B grade Australian batsmen filling their boots against a club side bowling attack. Apart from inflating averages such one sided contests are not good for the game

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Docker said:

Some B grade Australian batsmen filling their boots against a club side bowling attack. Apart from inflating averages such one sided contests are not good for the game

Well Burns has played himself into the Ashes tour. He might find Jimmy a slightly different proposition.

SL must really be looking forward to their trip to SA.

26 minutes ago, taipan said:

Well Burns has played himself into the Ashes tour. He might find Jimmy a slightly different proposition.

SL must really be looking forward to their trip to SA.

That was getting a mention here. If they are struggling against the worst Australian team since WSC they are mere fodder for Rabada et al. It is going to be ugly

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Goraan
    Newest Member
    Goraan