Mata Hari

Cricket news

David Miller - when last did a fielder win MOM???

Goodbye England!! 2 x thrashings in 2 weeks :36_11_6:

Ottis may be England's answer - B/Pounds speak loudly!!

Should be some ugly cricket today - the Lankans were hammered by an ordinary and unsettled Australia and now have to front up against an in form Saffer side at home with their best team available.  

Sri Lanka did the same thing in Australia on at least two occasions - got three early wickets then let Australia rack up massive scores. Looks like history is repeating here

1 hour ago, taipan said:

Steyn's wicket yesterday took him to 8 in the all time list. Only 3 behind Broad for 7th

He is much a better bowler than Anderson, Walsh and Broad and arguably McGrath. Longevity is part of the consideration of GOAT but the English (and to a lesser degree Australians) play a lot more Test cricket especially at home

• Like 1

I don't know how much he has left in the tank. I have been watching him carefully and notice that been he is boundary riding he generally returns the ball with a gentle underarm lob. He hurt his arm against Pakistan with a hard flat throw. I also see the violent fist pump after taking a wicket has gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taipan said:

I don't know how much he has left in the tank. I have been watching him carefully and notice that been he is boundary riding he generally returns the ball with a gentle underarm lob. He hurt his arm against Pakistan with a hard flat throw. I also see the violent fist pump after taking a wicket has gone.

The lad has had a bad run with injury but he is rising 35 and with his action it won't get any easier especially with all the young bulls putting pressure on him. The problem with the ultra competitive types like Steyn is that they never know when to quit. I think CSA should tap him on the shoulder in the near future and gently suggest that they won't be picking him in the long form going forward. A World Cup might be a good time to retire from international cricket - he can get some bonus superannuation from T20 leagues around the world

• Like 1

He is still bowling well and has one of the smoother actions around. I think the mechanics of throwing a ball cause different problems.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, taipan said:

He is still bowling well and has one of the smoother actions around. I think the mechanics of throwing a ball cause different problems.

I hope he goes out on top with something left in the tank like AB. Nothing worse than seeing ATG's limping around at a reduced capacity

I also proved Steyn was overrated.

Olivier 18.19
Ngidi 19.53
Rabada 21.50
Philander 21.73
Steyn 22.81

Maharaj is the weak link @ 28.32 but still compares favorably with Lyon @ 32.24

1 minute ago, Docker said:

I hope he goes out on top with something left in the tank like AB. Nothing worse than seeing ATG's limping around at a reduced capacity

Agreed. Most of his generation called it right. Smith, Kallis, AB, Morne. Boucher was on his last tour when he got the injury.

4 minutes ago, taipan said:

Maharaj is the weak link @ 28.32 but still compares favorably with Lyon @ 32.24

Good record early for an offie. Still leaning towards Lyon given he has 343 test wickets and has played more than two Tests in Asia (which can be a double edge sword depending on who you are playing) but liking the lad (especially as he doesn't chuck it). 

Rabada has always looked like a low 20's Test bowler. Philander has done better than I thought he would. M Morkel was the anomaly - he often bowled without luck and finished high 20's from memory. Ngidi and Olivier are early doors but both look good and ready made replacements for Steyn 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, taipan said:

The Maharaj comment was tongue in cheek, but he has got to 90 pretty quickly.

I think he has got more tricks than say a Paul Harris who used to block up an end to let the seamers rotate. The lad can bat as well which is always a bonus. 28 is better than Kumble

Amazed that Dale bowled 10 on the trot yesterday.........there's life in them old bones!!!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 61 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Goraan
    Newest Member
    Goraan