Sign in to follow this  
Arlecchino

Bok Squad

Stu    951

I wonder what the comments would have been if PDV had chosen this team?

taipan    1,576

I wonder what the comments would have been if PDV had chosen this team?

That he was pro Bulls?

Guest Duke   
Guest Duke

i repeat this.

if the Stormers can only get a few Boks in the team...then its a god reflection of the unions ability to have an achieving team without being loaded with stars...it doesnt take big names to have a good formula.

taipan    1,576

and pro Sharks?

And anti Stormers.

I can't wait to hear Keo's comments on this,...oh...

Stu    951

i repeat this.

if the Stormers can only get a few Boks in the team...then its a god reflection of the unions ability to have an achieving team without being loaded with stars...it doesnt take big names to have a good formula.

Cmon Duke....Aplon, De Jongh, Kolisi??

Then he chooses Kirchner, Engelbrecht, Olivier, Vermaak (who has hardly played), Kanko (who has hardly played), Jannie dup (who's done nothing of note), Keegan........

Then he leaves out Brussow?????

Stu    951

And anti Stormers.

I can't wait to hear Keo's comments on this,...oh...

LOL ....Keo has other problems right now!!!!!

Guest Duke   
Guest Duke

Cmon Duke....Aplon, De Jongh, Kolisi??

Then he chooses Kirchner, Engelbrecht, Olivier, Vermaak (who has hardly played), Kanko (who has hardly played), Jannie dup (who's done nothing of note), Keegan........

Then he leaves out Brussow?????

look i think Gio was robbed..fair Play...Kolisi...well he is a victim of not getting enough consistant game time. he was in the team...dropped...in the team...dropped etc etc. and fair play he was superb yesterday. but only in what was a very dull match...my granny would of stood out in that game. ( narf ) De Jongh....how would he have faired..or when would he have got game time for that matter.

I think the Stormers would of had more names if it werent for injuries.

Arlecchino    503

We should remember that Meyer had already picked his starting 15 and his bench before yesterday's games with some in the background depending on injuries.

He still has to cut 10 from this list.

The surprise for me is the eclusion of Brussow albeit that new new "Interpretations" have taken away a lot of his effectiveness. The role will still be pretty much the same, but it requires a much bigger man.

What interests me is to see how he puts together an effective loose trio and who he partners in the centre.

I am relieved that sanity prevailed and there is no Matfield (who was excluded by the IRB rules) or Fourie du Preez.

The big question is, can this team beat the English? If they have the right combinations and a solid gameplan - yes. However, do not discount this England team who started the 6 Nations poorly but finished very strongly.

Guest Duke   
Guest Duke

the name that i think is really worthy of a mention and i hope to see him go far...is Marcell Coetzee.... from nowhere, this guy has really stood up and lets his rugby do the talking.

DbDraad    660

look i think Gio was robbed..fair Play...Kolisi...well he is a victim of not getting enough consistant game time. he was in the team...dropped...in the team...dropped etc etc. and fair play he was superb yesterday. but only in what was a very dull match...my granny would of stood out in that game. ( narf ) De Jongh....how would he have faired..or when would he have got game time for that matter.

I think the Stormers would of had more names if it werent for injuries.

Dook, baring last w/e game against the sharks(injury), he started all the games except the first one where he subbed Scalla in the first 20. I'm not saying he should be there, but I'm saying Wynkan and "Sideshow Bob" should not be there. 3 Stormers players in the whole squad, justified or not, Meyer is acting like an arsehole.

taipan    1,576

HM will be judged by his success on the field. I don't necessarily agree with all his selections but lets remember he hasn't played a game yet.

Guest Duke   
Guest Duke

Dook, baring last w/e game against the sharks(injury), he started all the games except the first one where he subbed Scalla in the first 20. I'm not saying he should be there, but I'm saying Wynkan and "Sideshow Bob" should not be there. 3 Stormers players in the whole squad, justified or not, Meyer is acting like an arsehole.

sorry i thought he didnt get that much time...im stand corrected....as for the two names you mentioned.....i agree...Side show is just that , a side show. but appart from Pietersen who would you call in ? in fact theres players in the Cheetahs that i think have been robbed as well. but lets see how it works..Meyer hasnt shut the door yet.

i think Kolisi will be one for the future...give him the chance to grow into the roll.

DbDraad    660

HM will be judged by his success on the field. I don't necessarily agree with all his selections but lets remember he hasn't played a game yet.

I don't care if he wins all his games, with Olivier, Jantjies and Kirshner in the mix ahead of Joe Petersen and De Jongh, he will remain an ardehole of note in my eyes and will have to do something special to redeem himself.

taipan    1,576

I don't care if he wins all his games, with Olivier, Jantjies and Kirshner in the mix ahead of Joe Petersen and De Jongh, he will remain an ardehole of note in my eyes and will have to do something special to redeem himself.

Like winning all his games?

Guest Duke   
Guest Duke

Draad...if you see this list....and consider barring injury these guys would of made the squad i think.... you proabably would of had a more balanced sheet...then meyer wouldnt of been an Arsehole.

Who are the injured players besides u20 players like Goosen who had a good chance of making it? Can think of 6.

Jaco Taute

Joe Pietersen

Tim Whitehead

Duane Vermeulen

Schalk Burger

Andries Bekker

that would of been prehaps 4 extra names....taking out a few bulls and maybe sharks...then it would of been happy land.

Mata Hari    503

Agreed Duke re the storme numbers...i think Heyneke Meyer saw the Stormers win games (tight defense?) but they dont score many tries (you called it) and then when they play against a team who scores tries they screwed cos they cant return the tries (sharks game)

Besides i think Heyneke Meyer sees, this is the year Stormers will win the CC IF he leaves their team intact you know...i think Alistair paid Heyneke Meyer off if you ask me...with so few bokkies, the disa can win some silverware...

Mata Hari    503

Well the Bulls have scored more tries this S14 so with those kak 2 we not doing too bad with the rest of our backline...ek poep teen donderweer

Guest Duke   
Guest Duke

It is not who was left out, Olivier and Kirshner is there, nuff said.

the Fact Jean De Villiers is there as well...thats a cock up in my books.

Guest Duke   
Guest Duke

Well the Bulls have scored more tries this S14 so with those kak 2 we not doing too bad with the rest of our backline...ek poep teen donderweer

Super 15 Mata....( i got your back girl )

Guest Duke   
Guest Duke

oh yes...lets not forget

"Stormers flank Siya Kolisi was not picked. However, he and six other young players – flank Arno Botha (Bulls), prop Frans Malherbe (Stormers), flank CJ Stander (Bulls), centre Francois Venter (Bulls) and scrumhalf Piet van Zyl (Cheetahs) – will train with the Boks during the series. This will allow these players to gain experience in the Test set-up, but they won’t be eligible for selection."

so is it a complete shun for Kolisi.....no...

Guest Grootbek   
Guest Grootbek

sorry i thought he didnt get that much time...im stand corrected....as for the two names you mentioned.....i agree...Side show is just that , a side show. but appart from Pietersen who would you call in ? in fact theres players in the Cheetahs that i think have been robbed as well. but lets see how it works..Meyer hasnt shut the door yet.

i think Kolisi will be one for the future...give him the chance to grow into the roll.

Daniller would be better than the Gollywog with his Campese step immitation

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    sharleen
    Newest Member
    sharleen