Sign in to follow this  
Arlecchino

Bok Squad

Guest Grootbek   
Guest Grootbek

Just to let you know I have 2 testicles.....I mean test tickets....for next weeks game.

and if Heyneke Meyer makes Spies the captain i'm gonna have to learn how to sing God Save the Queen!!!

That, my man, is a bridge to flippin far.......

Spies, at best, should be an impact player...on the wing.

I was thinking at 13, maybe!

Stu    951

How about you and i go Stuey, i'll tell your wife you're safe with me, you can sing The Queen's song and then i'll moer you before the game and then we can watch the game in peace...preparing for a month later...

I dont pay for them.....too damn expensive. nope, company pays and I take a client. Nice try, anyway, Bokkie!!!!

taipan    1,576

I was thing at 13, maybe!

Rather Spies than de Villiers

Guest Jo.   
Guest Jo.

I was thinking at 13, maybe!

Very intersting Grootbek.

That way we'll have our own SBW.

If only he can hold on to the ball.

No "offloads" needed.

Mata Hari    503

I dont pay for them.....too damn expensive. nope, company pays and I take a client. Nice try, anyway, Bokkie!!!!

Pissie, flip one in CT and now one in Durbs..i'll pay for your services then you can tell them i'm a client ha ha ha...pissie...

Stu    951

Pissie, flip one in CT and now one in Durbs..i'll pay for your services then you can tell them i'm a client ha ha ha...pissie...

Careful....my wife will climb on her broom.....and fly over to donner you!!!

DbDraad    660

No, you are wrong and your hate prevents you from seeing it. Trust me, I know things.

Guest Grootbek   
Guest Grootbek

You got the same problem with Jean de Villiers as M oz has with JF - tunnelvision perhaps?

DbDraad    660

:36_11_6: :36_11_6:

If she see's this post, Mata's not the one going to get donered hey?

taipan    1,576

You got the same problem with Jean de Villiers as M oz has with JF - tunnelvision perhaps?

Boks in the WC with deV at centre - no tries

Stormers in S15 with deV at centre - no tries.

Beginning to see a pattern?

Mata Hari    503

Lol..trust a man to send the flippen wife to solve the problem...lol...

taipan    1,576

No, you are wrong and your hate prevents you from seeing it. Trust me, I know things.

Nah, I don't hate him. I just think he's crap.

Guest Becs   
Guest Becs

I didn't know your wife was a fellow witch ? Do I know her ? :110104_emM5_prv[1]:

Chaotic    170

Glad to see Heyneke Meyer at lease have the guts to leave someone like Brussouw out of the team. He has been playing bad rugga for me at the cheetahs, and he doesn't really look fit enough and he has become very slow.

See Heyneke Meyer said the game is changing and that the hookers is stealing the ball now not the flanks, Which is true, just look, Strauss, Chilly and Bismarch is all doing that job pretty well, Truth be told at the moment, Coenie and Strauss and even Robert Eberson all stole more balls then Brussouw.

Now Spies must count himself lucky, if Vermeulen is up and ready I can not see Spies near the team, Kanko is also just in the team cause there is not really anyone who is a number 8.

Minnie is someone that missed out. He plays hes heart out each game.

Think we will still win 2 out of the 3 games against the poms. Our backline is really our weak point, Olivier, JDV both have been poor all season its just no one else really put up there hands. Tuigalingi or how ever you spell it with Englands back tree all with real pace will run circles around us.

Barnacle    548

Now Spies must count himself lucky, if Vermeulen is up and ready I can not see Spies near the team, Kanko is also just in the team cause there is not really anyone who is a number 8.

I actually don't really see what others see in Vermeulen... In order to "win a collision", you need to build up some speed to gain momentum... Momentum = Velocity X Mass...

The clear mental image I have of Vermeulen is catching the ball in the deep... He then jogs a few metres, searches for the single defender/chaser and runs directly at this chaser... Just before contact, he takes a long step to brace himself for contact, but he does not work through the contact (using short steps to accelerate)... The closest we had to a real eight was in the early 80's...

:)

Guest Duke   
Guest Duke

I actually don't really see what others see in Vermeulen... In order to "win a collision", you need to build up some speed to gain momentum... Momentum = Velocity X Mass...

The clear mental image I have of Vermeulen is catching the ball in the deep... He then jogs a few metres, searches for the single defender/chaser and runs directly at this chaser... Just before contact, he takes a long step to brace himself for contact, but he does not work through the contact (using short steps to accelerate)... The closest we had to a real eight was in the early 80's...

you have made such a good point...whats the point if you can make the collision and still carry on..yardage is more important than making the contact. in my view i think a real 8 should be abkle to carry it up like Juan Smith...he makes contact but has the ball skils and the step to break through and offload....who else has that ability at the moment ? i wish daniels was a few kilos heavier and maybe 3 inches taller....he has the speed and ball skills just not the physicality.

taipan    1,576

Ah, the "Jean de Villiers" method of winning a collision.

Chaotic    170

This might be true about Vermeulen, but he also pulls in more defenders then Piere Spies and doesnt go to the ground that easy, Also a better defender then Spies. Hes not as fast but he is not slow.

What makes Spies so good at the moment?

Don't get me wrong I was one of the biggest Spies supporters its just hes not half yes half the player he was, Hes slower, Loose the ball in contact 50% of the time, hes defense is as bad as it can be and normally one one player is needed to take him down and carry him back.

Vermeulen and Spies tho is the only two that plays correctly as a number 8 in backing up when they have to for kicks ect. Ashley Johnson also but he will not make the team.

So that is why I would rather have Vermeulen there then Spies.

They offer about the same just Vermeulen is doing the basics much better then Spies

Stu    951

This might be true about Vermeulen, but he also pulls in more defenders then Piere Spies and doesnt go to the ground that easy, Also a better defender then Spies. Hes not as fast but he is not slow.

What makes Spies so good at the moment?

Don't get me wrong I was one of the biggest Spies supporters its just hes not half yes half the player he was, Hes slower, Loose the ball in contact 50% of the time, hes defense is as bad as it can be and normally one one player is needed to take him down and carry him back.

Vermeulen and Spies tho is the only two that plays correctly as a number 8 in backing up when they have to for kicks ect. Ashley Johnson also but he will not make the team.

So that is why I would rather have Vermeulen there then Spies.

They offer about the same just Vermeulen is doing the basics much better then Spies

his blood is blue!!!

taipan    1,576

Vermeulens Blood is blue with Wit stripes that surely is more impressive... :P

Like toothpaste?

Mata Hari    503

Spies is not having a good 2012, even I think that. But Vermeulen is not available. Only Kanko? There the one is as kak as the other so play them 40mins each and pray for the best

taipan    1,576

I can't recall the last time Spies had a good season. Maybe the one before the 2007 WC?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    sharleen
    Newest Member
    sharleen