Guest Trix

Momentum One Day Cup

Guest Gaz77   
Guest Gaz77

And MAcky showed class too!!!! Not all old men can run 4 runs you know :15_8_217:

Definitely impressive. Thought Mackie's knee packed up ages ago ! Kerry is keeping him fit as a fiddle I'm sure though.

Mata Hari    503

Definitely impressive. Thought Mackie's knee packed up ages ago ! Kerry is keeping him fit as a fiddle I'm sure though.

LOL he's looking good to me...

Guest rydit   
Guest rydit

It's nice to see the Lions doing well. Some nice bowling, but I'm sure the Cape Cobras is not going to be a pushover.

de Kock will have to be more consistent, but he did well against the Warriors.

taipan    1,576

It's nice to see the Lions doing well. Some nice bowling, but I'm sure the Cape Cobras is not going to be a pushover.

de Kock will have to be more consistent, but he did well against the Warriors.

Bavuma must go

Guest Gaz77   
Guest Gaz77

Cape Cobras v Lions

Friday 9 Nov

perhaps another mauling?

Think Rydit called it, the Lions bowling unit will probably have to work harder with the quality of the Cobras batting.

The concern for the Cobras though is the bowling. Langeveldt and Louw getting on a bit and young Hendricks while impressive can be expensive at times.

taipan    1,576

After 1 game ?

I think he averages 28 in list A, mostly in the amateur stuff.

It was crazy him batting at 4 and Symes at 7

Guest Gaz77   
Guest Gaz77

I think he averages 28 in list A, mostly in the amateur stuff.

It was crazy him batting at 4 and Symes at 7

It is very harsh Symes. Agree with that. Sure he is finishing well but deserves time at the crease.

But obviously Bavuma deserves a run in the team. I'm trying to work out his ability though as he seems to do ok in the 4-day stuff. But haven't seen enough, so yet to make a judgement.

Devon Conway is the best batsman clearly in the Gauteng amateur side. Off a 100 last week and top scored with 46 chasing 110 in the List A game. Interesting to see if he gets a look in before the season is out. It was a joke how that Grant Mokoena played in the first game.

Also interesting to see how long Neil Mac and Zander hang around because replacements will be needed. Symes, Bavuma, De Kock, Conway & Pillay the future of the Lions batting possibly.

Edited by Gaz77

Guest Gaz77   
Guest Gaz77

Levi needs to sort himself out.

Was looking good until he tried to play across the line !

Stiaan Van Zyl is a class act.

taipan    1,576

Was looking good until he tried to play across the line !

Apart from the 15 of so times he got beaten.

Guest Gaz77   
Guest Gaz77

Apart from the 15 of so times he got beaten.

Good bowling though ?

Hit some sweet shots on both off side and leg side. But needs to do so much more to get near the Protea jersey again.

Lions in the pound seats now.

Guest rydit   
Guest rydit

I was kind off surprised that the Lions won yesterday. It didn't look good in the beginning. The Cobras were going at a good run rate.

Well done to the Lions. I hope they can keep it up. :clapping-hands:

Guest Gaz77   
Guest Gaz77

Calvin Savage in the Dolphins squad of 13 for the first time for tomorrow's MOC match against the Kinghts in Bloem. Still waiting for the 3rd player from the last u19 WC after De Kock and Subrayen to debut at fracnhise level.

Lizaad Williams of the Cobras, Solo Nqweni of the Warriors & Corne Dry of the Knights have all travelled with squads this season already as well.

Guest Gaz77   
Guest Gaz77

Looks like Reeza Hendricks could be out for 6 weeks to 6 months depending on the return of results on his ankle ligaments tomorrow. Tough on him as he was in such good form.

The Knights will struggle with Elgar, Van Wyk and Hendricks out. They need Van Wyk to return asap especially as Rilee Rossouw wants to continue batting without any resposibility.

Guest rydit   
Guest rydit

De Kock needs to learn patience. His ave is around 28, That needs to get higher before he gets selected for the Proteas.

Is Obus never going to bowl again? I think he has some talent as an all rounder.

Guest Gaz77   
Guest Gaz77

Mangaliso Mosehle finally coming good after all the talk ?

From the few knocks I saw of him in the past he could at least strike a ball cleanly and look like a batsman unlike Tsolekile. Only problem he didn't last long enough. But now a 70 on Sunday and nearing a hundred today in Durban he is starting to produce. Certainly likes a six.

He has been lined up for a long time as a future Protea keeper after he killed the Pom u19s.

Edited by Gaz77

Guest Gaz77   
Guest Gaz77

De Kock needs to learn patience. His ave is around 28, That needs to get higher before he gets selected for the Proteas.

Is Obus never going to bowl again? I think he has some talent as an all rounder.

Another start and another giving his wicket away but he is still young and with a bit more experience I'm sure he will get over it.

Obus Pienaar only bowled 120-125kmph though. Never really set the world alight with his bowling.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    sharleen
    Newest Member
    sharleen