Guest Viva Alonso

News from around the web

BREAKING NEWS: Sacked Jeremy Clarkson now faces ARREST as police demand details of BBC report that reveals he punched Top Gear producer so hard he had to go to A&E

• Jeremy Clarkson sacked after sending Oisin Tymon to A&E over a steak
  • Lord Hall, Director General of BBC, said star's contract not being renewed
  • He said: 'It's not decision I've taken lightly. I take no pleasure in doing so' 
  • Report says he verbally abused Oisin Tymon for 20 minutes then hit him
  • Lord Hall said Tymon was subjected to 'sustained verbal abuse that no-one should have to endure'. 
  • North Yorkshire Police ask for copy and say action taken 'where necessary'
  • BBC contracts of Clarkson, May and Hammond were on verge of expiry  
  • James May said the trio 'come as a package' spelling end of BBC careers
  • Richard Hammond calls it 'sad end to an era' in hint they may all leave
  • Chris Evans rules himself out of top job and says 'that's end of the matter' 
  • One million people signed petition demanding Clarkson be reinstated  
  • Sky, ITV and Netflix all said to be vying to sign up Clarkson after sacking 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3010167/Top-Gear-presenter-Jeremy-Clarkson-sacked-BBC-internal-investigation-concludes-did-attack-producer-steak-dinner-fracas.html#ixzz3VPd1C2H4 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Seems he has lost the plot and the fight against booze

At least you can have a lie in, Jeremy: Clarkson returns home at 1am with female friends, hours after being fired for 'unprovoked' attack on Top Gear producer

• BBC report says star verbally abused producer for 20 minutes and hit him 
  • North Yorkshire Police wants report and will take action 'where necessary'
  • The contracts of Clarkson, May and Hammond were to expire next week
  • Presenter returned home after sacking in early hours with Phillipa Sage
  • Star had also been on night out with Boris Johnson's sister Rachel

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3012321/At-lie-Jeremy-Clarkson-returns-home-1am-blonde-friends-hours-fired-unprovoked-attack-Gear-producer.html#ixzz3VTiEzJG1 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Los Angeles - James May and Richard Hammond have hinted they will not continue as Top Gear presenters following Jeremy Clarkson's dismissal.

The controversial host was sacked by the BBC after it was revealed he'd launched a 20-minute tirade of verbal abuse followed by a 30-second physical attack on producer Oisin Tymon and his co-hosts have now suggested they may not agree to return without him.

James May said that he is ready to go "back to normal life" and is considering taking up a more normal job, such as being a teacher.

He's reported by MailOnline as saying: "I might want to do something completely different with my life, I'm quite old now. [I might do] something outside of cars, I always wanted to be a teacher."

The 52-year-old star claims he's not yet spoken to Jeremy, 54, about him being fired but appeared to confirm reports he's planning to quit the show.

May shared: "I always said that on the day it ends for me I'll have to be magnanimous and look back and say, 'Well that was a stroke of luck, now back to normal life', and that seems to have happened.

"We did it for 12 years. It's a very big moment in our lives, but nothing was going to last forever. We always knew it wasn't going to last forever. We just didn't know how it was going to end.

"So here I go, 'I'm about to eat some beans and go back to my normal life."

Speaking about the BBC's decision to sack Jeremy, James added: "It was a very harsh one, but I think they were probably forced.

"I don't actually know the entire story. A lot of people are making judgements about it, but they don't know the full story either so I don't know.

"This only happened yesterday. We have to spend a lot of time thinking about what we do next."

Clarkson was dropped by the broadcaster after an internal inquiry found he'd launched an "unprovoked" attack on Tymon - who had to take himself to A&E following the incident - after he was offered a plate of cold food instead of steak and chips after a shoot.

However, Hammond also appears to be standing by his close pal and colleague.

He wrote on Twitter:

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/24184/9819737/fernando-alonso-tips-mclaren-for-huge-progress-at-spanish-gp?1234

Fernando Alonso tips McLaren for 'huge' progress at Spanish GP

Alonso insists no panic at Woking despite returning from flyaway races point-less; But Spaniard warns reliability must improve for European season after Button's Bahrain disaster

Fernando Alonso has predicted that McLaren-Honda will make their "first huge step" forward with the MP4-30 when the season recommences at Barcelona next month.

For the first time in the team’s illustrious history, McLaren have failed to pick up a point in the opening four rounds of a season but they remain convinced that their reunion with Honda will provide greater longer-term gains as they aim to eventually return to championship-winning ways.

Indeed Alonso, who after missing the Australian season-opener has now experienced three scoreless races on the spin for the first time this decade, insists there is no panic at the team and that the start of the European season will prove far more fruitful as the team ready a number of significant upgrades.

Guest DennisL

Trying to placate his employers after trashing them over the cause of his accident?? Hmmmm!

Bliksem!

LYING NASCAR: Watch the moment Austin Dillon's car becomes airborne and crashes into a protective fence at the Dayton International Speedway on July 5. Reports suggest that some fans needed medical attention, but none were seriously injured. Dillon walked away with an injured tailbone and forearm. 

uenos Aires - An Argentine judge has ordered the remains of 1950s Formula One champion driver Juan Manuel Fangio to be exhumed for a paternity test.

Fangio was one of Formula One's earliest champions and is a legend of the racing world. He won championships in 1951, 1954, 1955, 1956 and 1957.

Fangio, who died July 17 1995 at 84, was never married and was not known to have had children.

A DNA sample will be taken from the race car driver's remains to see if he is the father of Oscar Espinoza, the son of Andrea Berruet, Fangio's companion for two decades.

Fangio's body is buried in his home town of Balcarce, south of Buenos Aires. The test will be conducted August 7.

Read more on:    argentina

Obituary: Jules Bianchi 1989-2015

Behind the quiet voice and calm exterior, above all Jules Bianchi was a determined racer. Although he never sat in the cockpit of an F1 car that could fully convey his talent to the rest of the world, his performances in junior series and Ferrari's unwavering support through its driver academy hinted at his potential.

Coming from a racing family, he was destined for a life in motorsport from an early age. His great uncle Lucien Bianchi had achieved the most success in the family, driving in Formula One, and even scoring a podium, but was killed at the wheel while testing an Alfa Romeo for the 1969 Le Mans 24 Hours - an event he had won the previous year. That Jules suffered a similar fate is a dreadful coincidence, but a reminder of the risk each and every racing driver has committed to since the dawn of motor racing.

Bianchi first drove a go-kart aged three and started racing just two years later as he set off on an impressive junior career. In 2003 he was signed up by Maranello Karting before graduating to single-seaters in 2007. In his first year driving in Formula Renault 2.0 he won the French championship by 49 points and scored points in the full European series on his debut.

Managed by Nicolas Todt - the son of ex-Ferrari team principal and current FIA president Jean - Bianchi moved up to the F3 Euro Series in 2008, finishing third overall, and then won the championship with nine wins the following year. With that victory he earned a test in a Ferrari F1 car and was quickly snapped up into the newly-developing Ferrari Driver Academy, which continued to support him throughout the rest of his life.

GP2 was the next logical step and Bianchi finished the 2010 season in third place in the championship behind Sergio Perez and Pastor Maldonado. He again finished third the following year as Romain Grosjean won the title, but also got his first major break in F1 as he was named as Force India's reserve driver for 2012. With GP2 set to clash with his nine Friday practice outings with Force India, Bianchi lined up against an impressive field of young talent in Formula Renault 3.5 to keep his racecraft up to speed. The season got off to a bad start as he was disqualified from a second place finish due to a technical irregularity with 

his car's differential. It came back to haunt him at the final round when he lost the championship by four points under equally controversial circumstances. Title rival Robin Frijns had just been passed by Bianchi and, as Frijns looked set to lose another place to Kevin Magnuessen, he caused a collision that took Bianchi out of the race.

The title dream was over, but Bianchi still emerged as a serious contender for a race seat in Formula One and again it was with Force India. After much deliberation, Force India finally made a decision at the final pre-season test to opt for the experienced Adrian Sutil for the 2013 season, leaving Bianchi in the lurch. But just 24 hours later he was called up by Marussia to race the entire season, replacing Luiz Razia whose financial backers had failed to cough up.

Bianchi's debut season was a success, with his early performances catching the eye and his season-long domination of Max Chilton underlining his talent. At a small team at the back of the grid, a driver can often only be measured against his team-mate, and in that category Bianchi was winning hands down. It was announced at the start of October that year that he would remain with Marussia for a second season in 2014, although it was clear he was worthy of a drive higher up the grid. He knew he had to impress in 2014, but in the smallest team on the grid he would have to take his chances.

The golden opportunity came during the Monaco Grand Prix when Bianchi took the headline result he had been craving and scored Marussia's first points in five seasons of competition in F1. To prove it wasn't just luck, Bianchi underlined his talent with three Q2 appearances in qualifying between the British and Belgian Grands Prix later in the season. Arguably these were the drives that really made him stand out within the paddock, even if the Monaco points had given him more kudos outside the sport.

Bianchi was being referred to as the "real deal" long before his Suzuka accident. He was capable of qualifying and racing his Marussia in places where it did not deserve to be and was loved all the more by the team for 

it. It was soon becoming clear he had the potential to be given a chance further up the grid, perhaps in 2015, but tragically that day never came.

Absolute F1 Fanatics's photo.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/top-gear-trio-sign-deal-amazon-car-show-100353281.html#T9BdL96

ormer Top Gear hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May have signed a deal for a new motoring show with Amazon.

May's agent confirmed to Sky News that the programme will be available to Amazon Prime customers around the world.

The trio left the hit BBC show after Clarkson was dropped following a fracas with a member of the production staff.

A statement on Amazon's website said the show on Prime Instant Video will be produced by the presenters' long time executive producer Andy Wilman.

On working with Amazon, Jeremy Clarkson said: "I feel like I've climbed out of a bi-plane and into a spaceship." 

It added that production will begin "shortly" and the episodes will air in 2016.

The announcement ends months of speculation about the stars' future after they left the BBC amid much controversy.

May joked: "We have become part of the new age of smart TV. Ironic, isn't it?"

Hammond added: "Amazon? Oh yes. I have already been there. I got bitten by a bullet ant."

It is not known how much the deal is worth.

Jay Marine, vice president of Amazon Prime Video EU, said: "Customers told us they wanted to see the team back on screen, and we are excited to make that happen.

"Millions of Prime members are already enjoying our ground-breaking original shows. We can't wait to see what Jeremy, Richard, James and the team will create in what is sure to be one of the most globally anticipated shows of 2016."

Mr Marine said that landing the new motoring show was just the start and told viewers to "expect to see more world-leading talent and the biggest shows on Prime Video".

Chris Evans has taken over as the main host of Top Gear on the BBC . It is not yet known who else will be joining the line-up.

Paar interessante statistieke. Vettel het die meeste rondtes met die sagte en supersagte bande gedoen ( daar is nog ultra sagte bande ook)

Rosberg se beste tyd was op medium bande....die sagste wat hy gebruik het. Hy het ook baie meer rondtes as Seb gedoen...maar die amper 200 rondtes is steeds nie sleg vir Vettel nie.

Jammer, hy het supersag en ultrasag die meeste rondtes per stel gedoen, maar die beste tye vir ultra en sagte bande...dis maar deurmekaar.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/analysis-what-s-prompted-the-gpda-to-speak-out-681850/

CePVPDxWwAAbOfP.jpg

he decision by the Grand Prix Drivers' Association (GPDA) to issue a public statement urging Formula 1 to reform its 'obsolete' rules structure marks a fascinating new development in grand prix politics.

Yet for all the surprise - much of it welcome from fans - the GPDA's open letter has caused, it would be wrong to say it has been a bolt out of the blue, for unease among drivers has been growing for months about where F1 has been heading.

Sebastian Vettel said during pre-season testing: "I don't think F1 is broken. In terms of the show Formula 1 is doing fine. But in the background, the decisions lately and so on it is fair to say it is lacking leadership.

"I think it's a little bit chaotic if a couple of weeks before the season they start to reinvent certain rules and formats of qualifying as it has been discussed in the last couple of weeks."

But while Vettel has been the most widely quoted, his views are not alone. For the statement is not just one sent out by a few drivers: it has come after consultation and approval from all GPDA members.

GPDA chairman Alex Wurz said: "This letter was sent on behalf of all the drivers, through the GPDA as the drivers' body.

"Since the GPDA's existence (in the Sixties), we have operated by majority vote, which works very well. In this case, it was an extremely clear vote regarding the desire to express our opinion."

GPDA big picture

Since Wurz took over as chairman in late 2014, the GPDA has pro-actively stepped up beyond a pure safety remit, as it has embarked on a push to help improve the sport.

Last year, the GPDA launched, in association with Motorsport.com, a Global Fan Survey to better understand what those who follow the sport were thinking – and what they wanted F1 to be.

The drivers took a lot of notice of the results, which threw up a clear message that fans and drivers were aligned that F1 didn't need gimmicks and fake rule tweaks. It just needed a big plan to produce close racing among the best drivers in the best cars in a way that attracted a fresh young audience.

But F1 chiefs continued to fly in the face of those findings and the chase of ever bigger incomes has only served to further alienate fans.

The pursuit of pay-TV cash over viewers; the lack of a clear strategy to decide where F1 should be in five years time, the lack of challenge from cars, the failure to address fundamental rules oversights and the continued desire in some quarters to chose gimmicks like reverse grids, time handicaps and qualifying races has not gone down well among drivers.

The recent farcical situation surrounding elimination qualifying, which drivers did not want and proved a huge embarrassment for F1 in Australia, was almost certainly the last straw.

For the fans

Wurz says that the decision for the GPDA to make the bold step of speaking out in the way it has done was mainly prompted by fans anger at what was going on in F1, as time and again wrong decisions have been made.

"The drivers want Formula 1 to be super brilliant, and we want to help make it so!," he told Motorsport.com. "They are the real protagonists of our sport and in response to some heated discussions by our fans but equally within the paddock and among the drivers, we felt it was time to express our opinion."

He added: "The survey was massively helpful to get a clearer picture of our fans. We can't appreciate enough the effort the fans put into the survey. 

"Does the survey hold all the answers, or do we drivers claim to have a solution ready? No of course not!

"But all together the Grand Prix drivers felt the need to speak out, simply because we care due to our deep and pure love for this sport – which we hope will remain the pinnacle of motorsport and one of the largest sports globally."

Helping change

Wurz is eager to point out that the GPDA statement is not intended as just a way of criticising what is going on without offering answers, or assistance.

He is clear the drivers will do what they can to help make F1 better, but what is needed is a willingness from the sport's top figures to start thinking big.

"No, of course it is not an attack on any of those people, why should we! We state very clearly in our letter that we believe every acting individual of the stake holders want the best for the sport.

"However, the process of how the stakeholders decide over the sport doesn't seem to work too well right now, when one observes it from the outside."

Master plan

The more that F1 messes around with gimmicks like elimination qualifying, the more the drivers became convinced it is missing out on what it should be doing: sorting out a long-term vision.

Wurz and the drivers are adamant that if F1 is to have a healthy long-term future, its bosses need to change their approach: and think about how to respond to the changing media landscape and how to attract younger fans.

"Personally, I believe the answer to global growth of the sport is mainly based around its business model. Over many decades the F1 business and sport has grown amazingly, but things change and most definitely we are witnessing a sudden and fast changing landscape of the media itself and consumer behaviour.

"I feel, in order to make our sport fit for the future and next generations, the business model and the way F1 is run, needs to be addressed and redefined.

"It should be followed by a clear road map or master plan. I am not convinced that individual updates to sporting or technical rules are the solution to A) stop F1 losing viewers and fans, and B) initiate global growth.

"But the bottom line is, the desired outcome to the drivers' statement would be to achieve above points A and B."

Delivering a bright future for F1 is the biggest thing the drivers want.

Really interesting read. We can only hope that this is heard (or should I say, understood) by the bigwigs.

Sad News on the Passing of Eddie Kiezan who past away yesterday morning condolences to Family, Friends & Fans R.I.P

CjEyCCxUgAITjy6.jpg

Former Ferrari chairman Luca Di Montezemolo says Michael Schumacher is “reacting” to treatment.

Di Montezemolo was talking nearly two-and-a-half years after the Formula One legend suffered head injuries in a skiing accident in the French Alps.

“I’m very pleased to know that he is reacting,” Di Montezemolo said, according to The Express.

“I know how strong he is. I’m sure that thanks to his determination, which will be crucial, he will come out from this very, very difficult situation. And I really hope.”

The Italian businessman added that the seven-time F1 champion was the “most important driver” in the sport’s history.

“Michael has been, for sure, the most important driver in Ferrari history. Despite the fact that Ferrari has many of the best drivers in the world, in different moments in F1 history.

“He was an important member of the family and for me it’s difficult to separate Michael as a driver from Michael as a friend.”

The 47-year-old former Ferrari driver is still said to be receiving “specialist treatment” at his home in Switzerland.

http://www.carmag.co.za/speed_post/schumacher-reacting-to-treatment-says-ex-ferrari-boss/

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Denny
    Newest Member
    Denny