Owen Meany

AB de Villiers

Owen Meany    559

Ek sien op Vinnige Fanie se program "BVP" dat hy sê dat dit nou uitgekom het dat AB se sogenaamde rugbesering niks te doen het en geen invloed het op sy paaltjiewagter skap nie. Volgens Fanie wil AB graag paaltjiewagter speel en het die gerugte as bog afgemaak. Volgens die kenners gee die feit dat hy paaltjiewagter speel ons ook n geweldige voordeel. Ek is n nederige mens so ek gaan nie vir julle sê ek het mos so gesê nie, maar my opinie is welbekend op die forum.

Edited by Owen Meany

taipan    1,579

Well either Fanie is stupid, or AB is stupid.

The effects that keeping have on batting are too well documented and have been proven over and over on this forum as well.

Guest DennisL   
Guest DennisL

Ek sien op Vinnige Fanie se program "BVP" dat hy sê dat dit nou uitgekom het dat AB se sogenaamde rugbesering niks te doen het en geen invloed het op sy paaltjiewagter skap nie. Volgens Fanie wil AB graag paaltjiewagter speel en het die gerugte as bog afgemaak. Volgens die kenners gee die feit dat hy paaltjiewagter speel ons ook n geweldige voordeel. Ek is n nederige mens so ek gaan nie vir julle sê ek het mos so gesê nie, maar my opinie is welbekend op die forum.

So, has he now downgraded his well-publicised ambition to be the No1 batsman in the world, to being Proteas keeper? Quite a serious shift in ambition one would think!

I still don't like it!

Guest Saffex   
Guest Saffex

For once I agree with you

DbDraad    660

ATM I think AB is not mentally strong enough for both roles. Forget about making him captain down the line as well. I know the keeping has a physical effect on him, but at this stage his problem is mental. I hope the last knock put him on the path to recovery though.

Guest rydit   
Guest rydit

I miss the days that he was the one making the runs. I just wish it can get back to that. I think he just needs to regain his confidence.

Stu    952

I miss the days that he was the one making the runs. I just wish it can get back to that. I think he just needs to regain his confidence.

Is AB the Morne Steyn of SA Cricket???

Guest Thato   
Guest Thato

The debate should have been closed after the tour of England. He hasn't been the same batsman since taking the gloves FFS!!!

Guest DennisL   
Guest DennisL

Hopefully this debate has now been put to bed.

What really worries me is the WAY some of our top batsmen went out!

Virus strolled up the track and played a totally casual shot like there was no urgency whatsoever.

JK, I'm still gobsmacked! I've never seen him play such a lacklustre shot so early in his knock, and there was no run pressure or anything!

AB, not content with running Hash out in spectacular fashion, wafts at a ball like he was a newb!

OK, Smith went out to a peach, and poor old Dean was petrified!

And this is the cream of our batting talent.

While Faf marches on like this was club cricket.

Then, what the hell is Faf doing batting at 7 FFS! Standed, having to nursemaid the tail-enders, whose batting seems to be in free-fall!! (Except for Fielies!)

DbDraad    660

What really worries me is the WAY some of our top batsmen went out!

Virus strolled up the track and played a totally casual shot like there was no urgency whatsoever.

JK, I'm still gobsmacked! I've never seen him play such a lacklustre shot so early in his knock, and there was no run pressure or anything!

AB, not content with running Hash out in spectacular fashion, wafts at a ball like he was a newb!

OK, Smith went out to a peach, and poor old Dean was petrified!

And this is the cream of our batting talent.

While Faf marches on like this was club cricket.

Then, what the hell is Faf doing batting at 7 FFS! Standed, having to nursemaid the tail-enders, whose batting seems to be in free-fall!! (Except for Fielies!)

Agreed, I think Faf is exhibiting the kind of die hard iron mindedness that great players and captains are made of. It is way too early to start thinking of someone to replace Biff, but if Faf can build on what he has achieved in test cricket up till now he might be our go to man comes Smiths retirement. Leave him at 7 for the time being, it seems to suit him ATM.

vlagman    992

Wonder if Saffex is planning on entertaining us with a summary and an opinion of Faf's performance thus far........?

Edited by vlagman

Guest DennisL   
Guest DennisL

Agreed, I think Faf is exhibiting the kind of die hard iron mindedness that great players and captains are made of. It is way too early to start thinking of someone to replace Biff, but if Faf can build on what he has achieved in test cricket up till now he might be our go to man comes Smiths retirement. Leave him at 7 for the time being, it seems to suit him ATM.

Problem is Db, he's getting stranded on not out!

AB doesn't deserve to bat higher than 8 and Faf could do more at 5, ahed of Elgar. Maybe it will shock AB out of this keeping obsession of his!

DbDraad    660

Problem is Db, he's getting stranded on not out!

AB doesn't deserve to bat higher than 8 and Faf could do more at 5, ahed of Elgar. Maybe it will shock AB out of this keeping obsession of his!

Agreed, but I would rather just swop Elgar and Faf for the time being. Can't understand why Biff and Gary missed that today.

taipan    1,579

With all due respect guys, Faf (apart from Elgar) is the only one playing for his place. Okay maybe Robin Peterson as well.

The others feel they are locked in.

This summer at home could be fun.

DbDraad    660

With all due respect guys, Faf (apart from Elgar) is the only one playing for his place. Okay maybe Robin Peterson as well.

The others feel they are locked in.

This summer at home could be fun.

Agreed, but although it's early days, I like what I've seen from Faf this far. But then again, JPD showed the same promise a couple of years ago and he did not deliver on that promise till recently and not all that convincing at that anyway. I am not getting carried away by what Faf achieved up till now just yet. He does seem stronger mentally than any of the newcomers recently though.

taipan    1,579

Agreed, but although it's early days, I like what I've seen from Faf this far. But then again, JPD showed the same promise a couple of years ago and he did not deliver on that promise till recently and not all that convincing at that anyway. I am not getting carried away by what Faf achieved up till now just yet. He does seem stronger mentally than any of the newcomers recently though.

Which newcomers recently?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    sharleen
    Newest Member
    sharleen