Sign in to follow this  
Guest Courtois

Breaking Tennis News

Guest Courtois

Sky's the limit for Muguruza after China

Garbine Muguruza smashed Timea Bacsinszky in straight sets to claim the biggest title of her career in Beijing on Sunday – and immediately set her sights on winning the WTA Finals and becoming world No 1.

Guest Courtois

Rafael Nadal on Tuesday said he had shaken off his foot problem from the China Open final – and added that he was also recovering from the "mental injury" he blames for his struggles on court this year.

Nadal, speaking ahead of the Shanghai Masters, said the foot injury which gave him a "scary moment" during Sunday's 6-2, 6-2 loss to Novak Djokovic had disappeared by Monday morning.

And he also said he was finally getting to grips with the loss of confidence which unnerved him this year as he failed to win a Grand Slam title for the first time since 2004.

"Sometimes I recover from injuries. This time what I had, with my not having the control of my nerves or my emotion, is like coming back from an injury, too," he told reporters.

"It's not a physical injury, but it's a mental injury. And this for me is another challenge."

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke