Sign in to follow this  
Stu

Super Rugby 2016

Looks like the Argentinian franchise is going to be a force to be reckoned with next year. They have already signed 23 of the Argentine world cup squad.

Apparently not,

http://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/super-rugby/73878327/argentina-no-8-leonardo-senatore-signs-for-home-super-rugby-franchise

44 minutes ago, taipan said:

Surely most of them have European contracts.

Some of them had contracts that ran out at the end of the 2014/15 season and a lot of them played for the Pampas lot in the Vodacom Cup. The only ones who are still contracted in Europe might have a problem are:

Santiago García Botta - Stade Francais, 

Ramiro Herrera - Castres, 

Juan Cruz Guillemaín - Stade Francais, 

Tomás Lavanini- Racing Metro, 

Edited by vlagman

So they won't be a walk over. All we need now is for the Jap franchise to sign a lot of foreign players playing over there.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

So they won't be a walk over. All we need now is for the Jap franchise to sign a lot of foreign players playing over there.

I am not too sure. There are not that many who have played in Europe in the top leagues, i.e. Pro12, Premiership or Top14. A lot of them have played in the Vodacom Cup and some have played in the Arg domestic competition, which is purely amateur AFAIK.

9 hours ago, vlagman said:

I am not too sure. There are not that many who have played in Europe in the top leagues, i.e. Pro12, Premiership or Top14. A lot of them have played in the Vodacom Cup and some have played in the Arg domestic competition, which is purely amateur AFAIK.

Ja, but if they have signed 23 players who were in the World Cup Squad, they cant be all that bad.

All of this said, I have to say that ever since it went beyond Super 12 I have lost interest.

Indeed, that is why I gave up my season tickets. Now I only go and watch CC and internationals.

And now, with the way it is handled, and the format, it sucks in my opinion.

Sure, I do support my team and hope they win matches but all as one-off games and not part of a competition.

2016 the Sharks play 8 away games and 7 home games???

(according to Supersport web site.)

Edited by The Don

1 minute ago, The Don said:

All of this said, I have to say that ever since it went beyond Super 12 I have lost interest.

Indeed, that is why I gave up my season tickets. Now I only go and watch CC and internationals.

And now, with the way it is handled, and the format, it sucks in my opinion.

Sure, I do support my team and hope they win matches but all as one-off games and not part of a competition.

2016 the Sharks play 8 away games and 7 home games???

(according to Supersport web site.)

Sage. 

There is just too much rugby and the idiots in charge are in serious danger of killing the goose.

More does not equal better.

• Like 1

Let me find that article, but basically the Argies have said that to be able to play for their country the guys have to be available for the SR side. Lobbe has retired from International rugby

1 minute ago, supersupporter said:

Let me find that article, but basically the Argies have said that to be able to play for their country the guys have to be available for the SR side. Lobbe has retired from International rugby

So they are effectively fielding their international team in SR. Just when you thought SR couldn't get worse.

http://www.rugby365.com/tournaments/world-cup/69699-pumas-future-super-says-argentina-ace

There is a small mention here about it, but basically what they want to do is have more tests per year, as it is they do not play much rugby, so a SR side could help them play an International side vs tough opposition.

1 minute ago, supersupporter said:

http://www.rugby365.com/tournaments/world-cup/69699-pumas-future-super-says-argentina-ace

There is a small mention here about it, but basically what they want to do is have more tests per year, as it is they do not play much rugby, so a SR side could help them play an International side vs tough opposition.

Sounds like BS to me. They play RC. They have an incoming tour. They have an EOYT. How is that different to Boks, ABs and Wallabies?

It does seem a bit over the top trying to put a full strength international side into a SR competition. Then also if your side lose it will not help confidence.

So the Sharks have announced their coaching team.

Gold will assume the role of Head Coach for Super Rugby, with the following assistants:

Ryan Strudwick (forwards)
Omar Mouneimne (defence)
Robert du Preez (attack and skills)
Sean Evritt (attack and skills)

5 minutes ago, Stu said:

So the Sharks have announced their coaching team.

Gold will assume the role of Head Coach for Super Rugby, with the following assistants:

Ryan Strudwick (forwards)
Omar Mouneimne (defence)
Robert du Preez (attack and skills)
Sean Evritt (attack and skills)

Good luck to the Sharks. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke