Sign in to follow this  
Hawk_Eye

Other Rugby Related News and Trivia

10 hours ago, DbDraad said:

We should be giving DSTV a pass too. R800 for premium just to be able to watch the rugby is a serious rip off. The lesser packages is half and more than half cheaper. I'm going to start streaming the matches. SS is paying a lot for rugby, and is also using rugby to sell their premium package.  FCK them.

I have had DSTV off last few months.  We were 'encouraged' due to poor signal issues since last Oct during RWC, more from the neighbour's forest than DSTV but at this stage we feel DSTV is too expensive especially since we only watch rugby and F1. Hubbie doesn't even watch Cricket anymore and he downstreams all the series we want to watch. Streaming rugby or F1 is a bit slow at this stage so we still looking around for alternatives but at least we not paying M Net for their CSR programs. They can bear the costs out of their own pockets,

Edited by Mata Hari

36 minutes ago, Mata Hari said:

I have had DSTV off last few months.  We were 'encouraged' due to poor signal issues since last Oct during RWC, more from the neighbour's forest than DSTV but at this stage we feel DSTV is too expensive especially since we only watch rugby and F1. Hubbie doesn't even watch Cricket anymore and he downstreams all the series we want to watch. Streaming rugby or F1 is a bit slow at this stage so we still looking around for alternatives but at least we not paying M Net for their CSR programs. They can bear the costs out of their own pockets,

There are some pay per view sites that work well. My 2Mb line works with minimum buffering when watching Netflix. There is no reason why live broadcasts ( with maybe a 5min lag )shouldn't work just as well. The free sites have too much adds and spam that slows things down.

9 minutes ago, DbDraad said:

There are some pay per view sites that work well. My 2Mb line works with minimum buffering when watching Netflix. There is no reason why live broadcasts ( with maybe a 5min lag )shouldn't work just as well. The free sites have too much adds and spam that slows things down.

Dunno if 2Mb would be enough for HD.

BBC and ITV have been running some good series recently.

Hubbie's torrents stuff the live streaming up...so he has to shut the torrents off before I can live stream and that usually is a hassle as he runs torrents most of the day and night but he can stop such when I need the TV for sport..just gotten less and less as I get busy with other stuff...

Naas: the plot thickens.

http://www.2oceansvibe.com/2016/05/09/supersport-have-spoken-out-about-naas-botha-and-his-bankruptcy-drama/

[Nedbank] claims that Botha is using five different identification numbers and that his income and assets are hidden in listed corporate entities.

This makes it difficult for creditors to seize Botha’s assets to recover debts, the bank said in court papers.

He is believed to be director of 42 corporate entities.

Read more: http://www.2oceansvibe.com/2016/05/09/supersport-have-spoken-out-about-naas-botha-and-his-bankruptcy-drama/#ixzz48dN4pmfL

Today only – free entry into Springbok Experience Rugby Museum

17th May 2016

To mark International Museum Day today (Wednesday, 18 May), SA Rugby will throw open the doors of the Springbok Experience, its internationally acclaimed rugby museum in the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town, to the public.

There will be no entry fee charged for the entire day at the Springbok Experience. In 2015, more than 35,000 museums participated in the event in some 145 countries, and it’s expected that this number will grow even more this year.

According to the International Council of Museums, the objective of International Museum Day is to raise awareness of the fact that “Museums are an important means of cultural exchange, enrichment of cultures and development of mutual understanding, cooperation and peace among peoples.”

Eight months ago SA Rugby announced that the Springbok Experience was named in the top 1% of world attractions, by TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site.

The Springbok Experience, which will celebrate its third birthday on Heritage Day in September this year, was awarded TripAdvisor’s highest accolade, a Travelers’ Choice Award, in 2015.

In 2014, the Springbok Experience was shortlisted for the International Museum of the Year Award in the UK’s Museum + Heritage Awards in 2014.

“Celebrating International Museum Day by opening our doors for free entry into the Springbok Experience is just a small token of appreciation towards our loyal fans and another opportunity to showcase rugby’s rich and diverse history in our wonderful country,” said Jurie Roux, CEO of SA Rugby.

“Since we opened the Experience in September 2013, the feedback from visitors has been fantastic, not only in person, but also via our social media channels, which we use for a far wider reach to tell the stories of South African rugby and to show people what the museum is all about.

“It’s not only jerseys, boots, blazers and old team photos, it really is a proper rugby experience.”

The Springbok Experience boast more than 60 media channels playing across touch screens, monitors and projectors, which requires 14km of cabling, as well as printed graphic panels which will stretch for more than 500m, and some beautifully preserved objects.

The Springbok Experience can be found on Facebook (www.facebook.com/SpringbokRugbyMuseum) and on Twitter @BokMuseum.

http://www.sarugby.net/news/tomorrow-free-entry-springbok-experience-rugby-museum/

Not unlike the field in JHB - EAPark - 

SOURCE

ARU boss Bill Pulver has threatened to take future Wallabies Tests away from AAMI Park if the surface of Melbourne’s rectangular stadium is still substandard for the second Test against England next month.

Pulver’s stern message came as the ARU chief executive also called on stadiums to invest in “hybrid” grass systems that combine synthetic turf and natural grass, such as the one used at Twickenham in London.

The AAMI Park surface remains a “source of concern” for the ARU after it again ripped up under scrums during the Rebels-Force clash on Sunday.

The venue suffered extensive damage during Rebels’ games earlier this season. With instability being a major danger to players, the ARU, RUPA and the Rebels all asked AAMI Park authorities to fix the problem.

Citing heavy traffic and unfriendly weather over summer, AAMI Park said a combination of replacement and less use would see the root systems repaired in time for the June 18 Test.

But with the grass still ripping up, Pulver is worried and so is English rugby boss Ian Ritchie.

“I am still concerned about it. I think it is better than what is was, they are making some progress, but they have some way to go,” Pulver said.

“I have been in discussion with the CEO of the RFU, who has also seen it from the other side of the earth. So it is an issue. We do want an appropriate playing surface that is safe for all the players.

“I am hoping in the next couple of weeks they do a great job of getting it back.”

Pulver said it was too late for the ARU to relocate the game but indicated that if the turf was bad for the Test match, AAMI Park would struggle to see the Wallabies again.

“We are committed to playing on the ground. It is too close to make a change,” Pulver said.

“But frankly, if there is an unsatisfactory outcome we would have to seriously review where we play next time we go to Melbourne. There are clearly plenty of options down there.

“We really like AAMI Park, because we are focused on giving the fans the best possibly viewing experience. It is a great rectangular stadium. I am hopeful they will fix it.”

Allianz Stadium acted decisively three weeks ago and returfed their entire pitch to ensure their June 25 Wallabies Test was trouble-free. It has been in excellent shape in recent weeks for Waratahs’ games.

<More>

AAMI.jpg

On 12 May 2016 at 9:33 PM, DbDraad said:

We should be giving DSTV a pass too. R800 for premium just to be able to watch the rugby is a serious rip off. The lesser packages is half and more than half cheaper. I'm going to start streaming the matches. SS is paying a lot for rugby, and is also using rugby to sell their premium package.  FCK them.

Good luck with the 80% local content on SABC

2 hours ago, taipan said:

Good luck with the 80% local content on SABC

There are other options than SABC. The only SABC product I use is RSG in my bakkie.

I'm downgrading my DSTV to a cheaper package, as soon as I can find some sort of decent pay per view streaming site. Netflix is OK, but too expensive for what you get. There are some other free streaming sites that works well too. My gripe with DSTV is that they use ruby to sell their premium package, but they don't seem to be doing anything for the game and are basically following "The Agenda". 

• Like 1

How does "smart TV" change this picture? Can i stream programs from anywhere via the internet instead of Multi-choice as long as I have the available bandwidth capacity?

3 hours ago, J1M1 said:

How does "smart TV" change this picture? Can i stream programs from anywhere via the internet instead of Multi-choice as long as I have the available bandwidth capacity?

Depends on the package. You can stream at the moment if you plug your computer into the TV

34 minutes ago, taipan said:

Depends on the package. You can stream at the moment if you plug your computer into the TV

Certain programs can be streamed on the DSTV Now thingy online at DSTV - I watched the one game and also view old Kobus' program online.

5 hours ago, DbDraad said:

There are other options than SABC. The only SABC product I use is RSG in my bakkie.

I'm downgrading my DSTV to a cheaper package, as soon as I can find some sort of decent pay per view streaming site. Netflix is OK, but too expensive for what you get. There are some other free streaming sites that works well too. My gripe with DSTV is that they use ruby to sell their premium package, but they don't seem to be doing anything for the game and are basically following "The Agenda". 

Please tell me when you do get something...I have shut my dstv down. And no I don't watch any SABC but am looking for a decent other sport channel

38 minutes ago, Hawk_Eye said:

Certain programs can be streamed on the DSTV Now thingy online at DSTV - I watched the one game and also view old Kobus' program online.

Yep, I have the gadget which lets me stream or download on catch up. I hear other people stream no charge by logging in under another members name.

2 hours ago, taipan said:

Yep, I have the gadget which lets me stream or download on catch up. I hear other people stream no charge by logging in under another members name.

True - not a very secure system.  

39 minutes ago, Hawk_Eye said:

True - not a very secure system.  

I didn't mention names.

Adriaan-Strauss-Foto-SA-Rugby.jpg?resize

Die Springbokke sal later die maand in die drie toetse teen Ierland tóg geborg word nadat Saru ʼn ooreenkoms met die Blue Label Telecoms-maatskappy gesluit het.

Die borgskap sal, volgens die mediavrystelling van SA Rugby, slegs vir die Junie-toetsreeks geld.

Die Bokke sal, soos sedert 1961 toe Ierland die eerste keer met hulle groen truie hier kom kuier het, in die komende toetsreeks weer in wit truie speel met die nuwe reeksborg se naam daarop.

Jurie Roux, SA Rugby se uitvoerende hoof,  het gesê dit is ʼn opwindende tyd vir Suid-Afrikaanse rugby en Saru is verheug om Blue Label Telecoms as ʼn vennoot te verwelkom.

“Hulle is een van Suid-Afrika se mees innoverende en visionêre maatskappye en die manier waarop hulle hierdie borggeleentheid omarm het, is ’n voorbeeld daarvan.”

Die borgskap vir ’n toetsreeks en nie vir ʼn langer termyn nie, is volgens Roux iets wat al hoe meer oorweeg word. “Dit verskaf aan ons vennote goeie waarde terwyl dit ons in staat stel om nuwe organisasies by ons gesin te voeg met die oog op langtermyn-verhoudings.”

Brett Levy, die maatskappy se mede- uitvoerende hoof, sê in die vrystelling dit is ’n opwindende tyd vir Springbokrugby … en SA Rugby het ’n goeie storie om te vertel. “Ons is verheug dat Blue Label Telecoms nou ’n deel daarvan is.”

Hy sê die maatskappy, wat voorheen ook krieket en sokker geborg het, is trots Suid-Afrikaans.

“Die geleentheid om die Bokke te borg, lê ons na aan die hart,” het Levy gesê. “Ons rugbyspan is ʼn nasionale skat en dis fantasties om deel te wees van hierdie tydperk van innovasie en vernuwing.”

1 hour ago, Hawk_Eye said:

Jurie Roux, SA Rugby se uitvoerende hoof,  het gesê dit is ʼn opwindende tyd vir Suid-Afrikaanse rugby en Saru is verheug om Blue Label Telecoms as ʼn vennoot te verwelkom.

No shit Sherlock. Because they have not been able to secure long term sponsorship for the first time in decades? Or " 'n opwindende tyd" because they will have to be more innovative to try and get a sponsor from series to series? Or perhaps because there is now an vacancy for another comrade who will have a full time job securing sponsors by series?

And then there is, of course, the challenge when Fuckile realises that the head honchos at Blue Label are all lily white?

1 hour ago, Hawk_Eye said:

Die borgskap vir ’n toetsreeks en nie vir ʼn langer termyn nie, is volgens Roux iets wat al hoe meer oorweeg word. “Dit verskaf aan ons vennote goeie waarde terwyl dit ons in staat stel om nuwe organisasies by ons gesin te voeg met die oog op langtermyn-verhoudings.”

Kaaaaak man. The more accurate version is probably that the "main manne met die ponde" would not touch SA Rugby because they have, thus far, "failed to conform"?

All of the above may sound a touch cynical but I just do not trust the integrity of these clowns.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DbDraad said:

Strauss lyk maar nors vir 'n pas gekroonde Bok kaptein!

Sou jy nie ook nie? Daai laerskool hempie lyk maar kakkerig as jy my vra.

SAB is seker ook half gelukkig, na al die jare is die Bokke en bier sinoniem en hulle het mos ook deesdae ', Zamalek wat "Blue Label" heet. :36_11_6:

@vlagmanDesperate times make for desperate fabrications which are so designed as to make it look like a choice.  While meantime back at the ranch it is chaotic times trying to find some fool who will put money into the pot.

As for Fuckile:  The funny thing is that when they stand to benefit the "rules" are overlooked.  Thus if a company is Lilly-white it's OK as long as they give to the ANC "Stokvel collective"

There we go - Fuckile has instructed his old organisation to ensure the Springboks have a torrid time.

If you want to go watch the matches, be sure to take a weapon - make like you are cripple and take "kierie"

Cape Town - The ANC Youth League has vowed to disrupt the Springboks’ three-Test series against Ireland due to an apparent lack of transformation in the sport.

Twelve players of colour have been included in Allister Coetzee's 31-man Springbok squad for the series, but that is not enough, according to the ANC Youth League.

The league’s secretary-general, Njabulo Nzuza, told theIOL website that the series would be disrupted by protests, but would not reveal which games would be targeted.

Mzuza said it’s not enough for black players to be included in the squad, only for them to sit on the bench.

The league said the SA Rugby had not taken its demands for transformation “seriously” and  had not replied to the memorandum of demands they had handed to it on May 11.

The Boks tackle Ireland in Cape Town (June 11), Johannesburg (June 18) and Port Elizabeth (June 25)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke