Sign in to follow this  
Hawk_Eye

Other Rugby Related News and Trivia

36 minutes ago, DbDraad said:

I much prefer Acker to Brits and Brits is way past his best, but doesn't Brits have Lion baggage too?

Played far more games for WP.

• Like 1

Them Watsons………

Thirty-eight politicians and senior government officials will be named in evidence before the State Capture inquiry as being implicated in corrupt relationships with Bosasa, a company belonging to an ANC luminary family called the Watsons.

Bosasa’s former COO Angelo Agrizzi, currently testifying before the Zondo commission of inquiry into State Capture, will blow the lid on high-level corruption, State Capture and money-laundering by his former employer.

Bosasa, now trading as African Global Group, is close to the ANC and in December it emerged that CEO Gavin Watson had made a personal donation of R500,000.00 to President Cyril Ramaphosa’s campaign to become ANC president in 2017.

If Agrizzi’s testimony plays out as the summary before the Zondo commission of inquiry has suggested, it will dwarf the capture and corruption by the Gupta family. In its first three months, that family was at the epicentre of almost all testimony; that changed today as another family took its place.

The Watson family hail from the Eastern Cape, where Cheeky Watson’s decision to play rugby with black South Africans and forego a Springbok cap in the Eighties made them local heroes. They were close to former Eastern Cape premier Makhenkesi Stofile and were activists in the liberation movement.

The family, led by Gavin Watson, parlayed this influence into a massive security and facilities conglomerate which has made billions of rand from state contracts.

Agrizzi is likely to implicate himself in the instances of corruption which he will lay bare.

Late last year, Agrizzi revealed that Bosasa had made payments and security installations at the home of ANC MP Vincent Smith who, as a result of the allegations, stepped down as chairperson of a special parliamentary committee which chaired hearings into land expropriation without compensation. (Daily Maverick 16/1/2019)

Years ago, on this very same forum, I wrote a piece about the Watsons, Bosasa and the one time Commissioner of Correctional Services Linda Mti. The same Linda Mti who was, controversially, appointed as head of Security and Safety, or something, by Danny Jordaan. 

https://mg.co.za/article/2009-11-20-prisons-graft-bosasas-empire-of-influence

Edited by vlagman

8 hours ago, vlagman said:

Years ago, on this very same forum, I wrote a piece about the Watsons, Bosasa and the one time Commissioner

The chickens take a VERY long time to come home to roost here!!

On 1/16/2019 at 4:22 PM, vlagman said:

Years ago, on this very same forum, I wrote a piece about the Watsons, Bosasa and the one time Commissioner of Correctional Services Linda Mti. The same Linda Mti who was, controversially, appointed as head of Security and Safety, or something, by Danny Jordaan. 

https://mg.co.za/article/2009-11-20-prisons-graft-bosasas-empire-of-influence

m_190123dm_0fe978832e6e65861d228bfdb8915There we go. Seventh from left. 

• Haha 1

This man is a disgrace. Hopefully now he will be banned permanently.

https://www.enca.com/sport/sharks-hooker-chiliboy-ralepelle-back-hot-water 

Do the Sharks, or anybody really need him? Besides the fact that he satisfies quotas, there is no of reason for him ever to play again.

Edited by WeDaFaKaWe
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WeDaFaKaWe said:

This man is a disgrace. Hopefully now he will be banned permanently.

https://www.enca.com/sport/sharks-hooker-chiliboy-ralepelle-back-hot-water 

Do the Sharks, or anybody really need him? Besides the fact that he satisfies quotas, there is no of reason for him ever to play again.

I have backed this guy a lot but if this is true, then fuck him. He had everything going for him. Not even the quota kak should save him. 

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.” 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, taipan said:

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.” 

Spot on. 

3 hours ago, supersupporter said:

Dallaglio sold him the drugs and Matt Stevens showed him how to take them..blame the UK, .. :)

Try France. He was at Toulouse when he got the two year ban. 

Can't stop watching this video.......surely try of the year?

Edited by J1M1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, supersupporter said:

I agree it was absolutely incredible..never give up..

Worth remembering rugby was born out of football......willing to bet they don't/can't teach these skills at Bok training camps - a pity!!

• Like 1

At the Bok training camps:

I wish they'd teach the ball carrier to stay on his feet and the support players to be closer in.

Have you ever noticed how quickly the carrier gets stopped simply because he doesn't stay on his feet, or his support is to far away.

• Like 2

I agree, they go down far too easy, almost as if they want to create a new phase quickly, which is ironic as that is foreign to Bok culture.

Often it seems they're falling before they've even been tackled......well, that's what it looks like to me :joint:

• Like 1

It looks to me like they drive with their head and shoulders below their hips and then all it takes is a defender to push them further into the turf to stop the drive.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Goraan
    Newest Member
    Goraan