Sign in to follow this  
Hawk_Eye

Other Rugby Related News and Trivia

https://rugby365.com/schools/news-sa-schools/world-schools-rugby-festivals-results-days-1-4

Paul Roos scored 923 points in 60 minutes, bliksem..Southland must be really shit and Paul Roos really good.

Day 4 Results
Affies vs Christchurch Boys’ High School, 31-31
Boland Landbou vs USA Schools XV, 71-3
Grey College vs Southland Boys’ High School, 54-0
Hilton College vs Italian All-Stars, 32-15
Paul Roos vs Napier Boys’ High, 62-7

Previous Results

Day 1, 26 Match 2019
Glenwood vs John McGlashan College, 32-17
Monument 32 Hartpury College, 32-21
Paarl Gim vs Africa Pacific Dragons, 50-24
SACS vs Zambezi Steelers, 43-24
World Select XV vs WP Invitational, 76-29

Day 2, 27 March 2019
Affies vs Italian All-Stars, 36-12
Boland Landbou vs Napier Boys’ High School, 30-25
Grey College vs Christchurch Boys’ High School, 73-26
Hilton College vs USA Schools XV, 43-0
Paul Roos vs Southland Boys’ High School, 93-5

Day 3, 29 March 2018
Glenwood vs Africa Pacific Dragons, 33-10
Monument vs John McGlashan College, 48-10
Paarl Gim vs Hartpury College, 41-12
WP Invitational vs Zambezi Steelers, 33-30
World Select XV vs SACS, 25-15

Folau is about to get the lemon for stating his religious beliefs. I wonder what the response would be if a Muslim player did the same thing. Anyway I hope Folau successfully sues for the full balance of his contract and if he needs crowd funding for legal fees I will be kicking in. I don't necessarily agree with the message or method but his freedom of speech is being infringed by RA who in turn are the lackeys of the CEO of Qantas who is a screaming queen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hear a rumour he deliberately wants to break the contract

On 4/10/2019 at 9:40 AM, supersupporter said:

Wow! that is some incredible rugby, that 23 Marcell Muller looks a hand full. But to put up 70+ points in 60 minutes.

It is interesting what quotas do for both countries. NZ gets stronger, SA get weaker.

Reminds me of Ruhan Janse van Rensburg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Docker said:

Folau is about to get the lemon for stating his religious beliefs. I wonder what the response would be if a Muslim player did the same thing. Anyway I hope Folau successfully sues for the full balance of his contract and if he needs crowd funding for legal fees I will be kicking in. I don't necessarily agree with the message or method but his freedom of speech is being infringed by RA who in turn are the lackeys of the CEO of Qantas who is a screaming queen

It is not like he is saying that they are Infidels and should be killed, he is talking about there they will go in the afterlife. If anyone can prove him wrong then sure, but it is his belief and so be it.

At least he did not spend 2 weeks wearing a Burka and kissing up to Muslims like the NZ PM just to get the vote for next elections from those communities.

4 hours ago, taipan said:

That would make sense. Lots of Special Snowflakes in Oz, won't be hard for Izzy to pull that off. He is about zero tweets away from being friends by Trump..

16 hours ago, taipan said:

He just signed a 4 year $AUD4 million deal in Feb. But if he wanted to break the deal he has ticked that box. Rugby league won't have him back so the likely alternative is France or Japan. Japan is still very conservative so his views won't cause a stir there. 

The latest thing online is one of his lay sermons where he carpet bombs other Christians (non Jehovah Witnesses) over Christmas and Easter. Most Christians know Christmas replaced a pagan festival on the same date when it is became the principal religion in Rome but who cares (apart from Izzy that is).

4 hours ago, Docker said:

The latest thing online is one of his lay sermons where he carpet bombs other Christians (non Jehovah Witnesses) over Christmas and Easter.

So no transfusions or IV drips for the lad...just working on being one of the +/- 140,000 who make it through them pearly gates - Sigh!!

It's only Christians who give Christianity a bad name

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J1M1 said:

So no transfusions or IV drips for the lad...just working on being one of the +/- 140,000 who make it through them pearly gates - Sigh!!

It's only Christians who give Christianity a bad name

If he's a JW and openly lambastes 'non JWs' he's lost my vote...Freedom of speech or not...

3 minutes ago, Mata Hari said:

If he's a JW and openly lambastes 'non JWs' he's lost my vote...Freedom of speech or not...

They always do, they're lunatic fringe people.........but it's not about what he believes, it's really about being free to say what he likes,  when he likes, where he likes whether the Qantas people pay him or not. Because you pay someone (a high profile sportsman) does not entitle you to infringe upon their rights - if you want bad publicity try that.......

Methinks it's time to spend time watching  7's rugby..............the kak currently being dished up is just not worth 80 minutes of my life

• Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 11:25 AM, J1M1 said:

They always do, they're lunatic fringe people.........but it's not about what he believes, it's really about being free to say what he likes,  when he likes, where he likes whether the Qantas people pay him or not. Because you pay someone (a high profile sportsman) does not entitle you to infringe upon their rights - if you want bad publicity try that.......

I believe in freedom of speech. However employment comes with certain contractual obligations. One of my company's obligations is I may not make political/religious/ statements at work or on Social Media to such an extent I would bring the company into, what's it called? Embarrassment? So I may not use inappropriate language, or fly the old SA flag etc etc. I know that and I know it''s a disciplinary offence if not a dismissable offence. Maybe his contract says the same.

On 4/12/2019 at 4:17 AM, Docker said:

He just signed a 4 year $AUD4 million deal in Feb. But if he wanted to break the deal he has ticked that box. Rugby league won't have him back so the likely alternative is France or Japan. Japan is still very conservative so his views won't cause a stir there. 

The latest thing online is one of his lay sermons where he carpet bombs other Christians (non Jehovah Witnesses) over Christmas and Easter. Most Christians know Christmas replaced a pagan festival on the same date when it is became the principal religion in Rome but who cares (apart from Izzy that is).

Wiki (I know) said he grew up Mormon, but now he's :

"The Assemblies of God (AG), officially the World Assemblies of God Fellowship, is a group of over 140 autonomous but loosely associated national groupings of churches which together form the world's largest Pentecostal denomination.[4] With over 397,000 ministers[3] and outstations in over 256 countries and territories serving approximately 69.1 million adherents[3] worldwide, it is the fourth largest international Christian group of denominations and the largest Pentecostal denomination in the world"

Not exactly JW's, but an odd bunch non the less. The Nigerian super churches also resort under them. I hope I'm not stepping on any toes here, but mass faith healing and the "Prosperity Doctrine" isn't my thing. They also focus on "Baptism of the Spirit" and "Speaking in tongues". Lots of fear mongering too....I can go on, got a "Pastor" in the near/almost "family".

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DbDraad said:

Wiki (I know) said he grew up Mormon, but now he's :

"The Assemblies of God (AG), officially the World Assemblies of God Fellowship, is a group of over 140 autonomous but loosely associated national groupings of churches which together form the world's largest Pentecostal denomination.[4] With over 397,000 ministers[3] and outstations in over 256 countries and territories serving approximately 69.1 million adherents[3] worldwide, it is the fourth largest international Christian group of denominations and the largest Pentecostal denomination in the world"

Not exactly JW's, but an odd bunch non the less. The Nigerian super churches also resort under them. I hope I'm not stepping on any toes here, but mass faith healing and the "Prosperity Doctrine" isn't my thing. They also focus on "Baptism of the Spirit" and "Speaking in tongues". Lots of fear mongering too....I can go on, got a "Pastor" in the near/almost "family".

I stand corrected. I thought the Christmas deniers were limited to JW's but that may not be the case.

Apparently he had an express clause in his contract about social media and "gay hate". I will be interesting if this heads down a legal path as to what constitutes gay hate and also whether an employer can force you into a contract which may limit or restrict your freedom of speech or religion. I hope he commences legal action if only to determine the current legal view. It will be interesting if "gays are off to hell" is in fact hate speech or merely an interpretative view of the Bible which, in my opinion, he should be able to hold and express even if I don't necessarily agree with it. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Docker said:

I stand corrected. I thought the Christmas deniers were limited to JW's but that may not be the case.

Apparently he had an express clause in his contract about social media and "gay hate". I will be interesting if this heads down a legal path as to what constitutes gay hate and also whether an employer can force you into a contract which may limit or restrict your freedom of speech or religion. I hope he commences legal action if only to determine the current legal view. It will be interesting if "gays are off to hell" is in fact hate speech or merely an interpretative view of the Bible which, in my opinion, he should be able to hold and express even if I don't necessarily agree with it. 

That has always been my view, I never felt he expressed hate, he never went around preaching hate like the skinheads, or white supremacy. He merely stated what his faith believes will happen in their afterlife, and it was not just gays. Drunks, fornicators etc..So he has not targeted one group of people, which again one could say is hate speech, he has picked many social groups.

I think Rugby Australia could be in  a spot of bother.

• Like 1

Thanks Docks! There's a lot of water to flow under this bridge. Methinks it's definitely going to polarize people. 

He did sign a contract & like most everyone didn't read the fine print.....who does when it's 10 pages long & is couched in legalese...? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, J1M1 said:

He did sign a contract & like most everyone didn't read the fine print.....who does when it's 10 pages long & is couched in legalese...? 

Some talk the contract has not been signed and as such the special social media conditions may not apply. if true I can see RA writing a big cheque here (the fag from Qantas will probably kick in the payout)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, supersupporter said:

That has always been my view, I never felt he expressed hate, he never went around preaching hate like the skinheads, or white supremacy. He merely stated what his faith believes will happen in their afterlife, and it was not just gays. Drunks, fornicators etc..So he has not targeted one group of people, which again one could say is hate speech, he has picked many social groups.

I think Rugby Australia could be in  a spot of bother.

Most of the hand wringers are atheists so where is the mischief

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Docker said:

Most of the hand wringers are atheists so where is the mischief

Some supposed "atheists" are actually God haters. Why be angry about being condemned to a place that does not exists?What would have been the push back if he said the Easter bunny won't give any gays, adulterers or alkies any Easter Eggs? Why is this a big deal? This is rejection of the idea of God...nothing to do with gays, they just jumped on the wagon too. He is going to laugh all the way to the bank.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Docker said:

Some talk the contract has not been signed and as such the special social media conditions may not apply. if true I can see RA writing a big cheque here (the fag from Qantas will probably kick in the payout)

So if the contract is not signed, what is his claim?

Hey, I am all for freedom of speech but if he did sign the contract he is 1. A hypocrite for accepting the terms, or 2. A total arsehole for breaching the terms.

7 hours ago, taipan said:

So if the contract is not signed, what is his claim?

Hey, I am all for freedom of speech but if he did sign the contract he is 1. A hypocrite for accepting the terms, or 2. A total arsehole for breaching the terms.

His claim will be that he is being denied the opportunity to engage in his usual employment due to discriminatory practices. Employers in this country (and I would imagine in most places in the world) are not permitted to include conditions in employment contracts which are illegal or which contravene human rights.  The unsigned contract (if that is the case) will be used for determining the quantum of damages as it is what they were prepared to pay him. NSW, which if full of gays and is where Folau ordinarily lives and works, has a state based law which prevents the vilification of homosexuals (only state which has a such a statute but there are other federal statutes which essentially have the same effect). If a legal action proceeds I think it will come down to whether or not he vilified gays by paraphrasing a text from the Bible which will have larger ramifications for religious bodies.

He apparently agreed not to make any such comments after the first blow up so he should have walked away then if he felt so strongly about it (so he is both a hypocrite and arsehole by doing it again). However there is some legal opinion here that none of that is relevant to various rights he may have under the local labour laws (the legal opinions are mixed and none one commenting on it has seen his contract and presumably RA have taken advice before acting).

He will never play for the Wallabies again but RA still might get a bill for services not rendered. They kept Cheika on because they couldn't afford the $AUD1.2 million payout to sack him early so if Folau gets a chunky settlement it could be a real problem.

if I was Folau I would have stayed off social media as long as I was playing and once the money stopped then expressed my views.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DbDraad said:

Some supposed "atheists" are actually God haters. Why be angry about being condemned to a place that does not exists?What would have been the push back if he said the Easter bunny won't give any gays, adulterers or alkies any Easter Eggs? Why is this a big deal? This is rejection of the idea of God...nothing to do with gays, they just jumped on the wagon too. He is going to laugh all the way to the bank.

I personally hope so. I don't share a lot of his views but I am concerned about the erosion of free speech by the woke crowd who bang on about diversity and then don't tolerate any

• Like 2

I think we are all concerned about the freedom of speech. I am all for the protection of minority rights but not at the expense of majority rights. However I find it hard to find Folau's actions compatible with Christian principles.

I think the Barry Humphries fuck up is a bigger concern.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Goraan
    Newest Member
    Goraan