Sign in to follow this  
WeDaFaKaWe

New England Manager

I apologize if there is another thread concerning this issue, I thought I like to let everyone know that although I know nothing about soccer/football, I do think that this man is a arsehole:

Sam Allardyce

No reason really.

If I can remember correctly quite a few years ago he was appointed as manager of one of the premier league teams - I don't even remember which one it was - but I did listen to the interview, and he just put me off. 

Edited by WeDaFaKaWe

Never judge a book, Weda. He has been the manager of quite a few clubs and somehow never gets the accolades that is due to him. Almost each club that he has been at was improved vastly and then, out of the blue, he gets fired. Interestingly, the FA approached Arsene Wenger first and when he declined, Sam was approached. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36766990

"I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him," Hammers co-chairman Gold told BBC Radio 5 live.

"He is determined, he is ambitious. He's been in the business a long time.

"I think the most important thing from my point of view is that he's English."

Allardyce took charge at Sunderland in October and steered the club to Premier League safety.

The Black Cats finished 17th, one place and two points above the relegation zone, after losing only one of their final 11 league matches of the 2015-16 season.

Former Chelsea and England striker Chris Sutton said: "I think Allardyce has clout. He's proved himself. He gets the job done.

"If Euro 2016 has taught us anything, it's about learning how to win football matches and Sam Allardyce is the master.

"How he kept Sunderland up this season, I don't know, but it was an incredible achievement.

"He studies opposition's weaknesses, he knows his team's strengths and he plays to them. It's all about winning."

Prior to joining Sunderland he spent four seasons as boss of West Ham, who he led back to the Premier League via the play-offs in 2012.

He has also managed Blackburn, Newcastle, Blackpool, Notts County and Bolton, who were promoted to the top flight and qualified for Europe during his tenure.

Newcastle is the club I was talking about when I mentioned the interview. You're right Vlag I shouldn't judge, but on that interview alone I did and I still don't like him. My bad.

Edited by WeDaFaKaWe

Wenger probably thought so as well. Which other English coach is there? The only other option was probably Uncle 'Arry. LOL

Or another shortlisted Stephen Bruce. 

It has just been announced that the latter has "left his club Hull" despite just having managed them back into the Premiership after one year in the Championship.

Very strange.

13 minutes ago, Arlecchino said:

Or another shortlisted Stephen Bruce. 

It has just been announced that the latter has "left his club Hull" despite just having managed them back into the Premiership after one year in the Championship.

Very strange.

Maybe looking at the Sunderland job?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke