Sign in to follow this  
Hawk_Eye

4 Nation International Rugby

For me you have to start at 1. 

Beast is only scrumming but is not doing anything in the loose. 

Strauss.. Is not the best hooker and not doing good as the captain. At lease John Smit was a good captain... 

Kock can't really say to much about him. 

Eben we don't have anybody to replace him. But Lood is doing more of the hard work then him. Lood to replace him at 4?

Not fast enough for the number 5 jersey. He and Eben is doing the same work but he is doing Eben's work better then him. Bring in PSDT or the Lion. 

Flouw, should not be playing. He is not fit enough. 

Oupa playing well but wow he is lucky if he is going to play the next match. Play PSDT here with Mostert at 5???? 

Whiteley is quiet due to the fact he has to do the hard work because flouw is not doing he's job and the same with Eben. 

Faf struggling because the front 8 is struggling. 

Jantjies well the front 8 is struggling, 9 is getting slow ball... he is being pressured. Going to say this again, when the Crusaders & Chiefs put pressure on him they just moved the ball to Combrick to kick and this opened up Jantjies. Now we have Goosen as well to take the ball... Why is Jantjies still getting the ball the whole time? You have 3 forwards standing in front of Jantjies taking the ball before he gets the ball.. .

Habana you can't be judged if you get almost no ball... 

De Allende he can just as well go and play flank... 

Mapoe if they want to play De Allende then don't play Mapoe. Play de Jong. They are not working together. Mapoe likes running off someone... De Allende just run into ppl not doing anything else to make a little space for Mapoe to run onto the ball. 

Combrick same as Habana. 

Goosen not used to a team not knowing what to do with the ball. Same happened with Steyn when he joined again... Where is Steyn??? 

So to sum it up. 

Beast out Red head in, Strauss out Lion in, Kock can stay, Eben bench lood in, Lood to 4 Mostert in, Kriel in, Oupa out PSDT in oupa to the bench, Whitley stay, Faf to stay, Jantjies to Stay but 14 and 15 to assist in kicking, Habana to stay, De Allende to stay because JvR isn't there, Mapoe out De Jong in. Combrick out as injured Goosen to move to 14 and Kriel in on 15. 

• Like 1

On 28/08/2016 at 10:33 AM, Hawk_Eye said:

Remember when AC coached him on loan when he was at WP - he was totally kak.  Coetzee is a fool!

2 hours ago, taipan said:

Jantjies - who also struggled for form when he played under Coetzee at the Stormers a few seasons back.

Says it all really.

Snap!

24 minutes ago, Arlecchino said:

Jantjies has a groin problem - s'true - he lost his balls.

:36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, vlagman said:

:36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6:

En intussen kry die fokken dom Wilemse op SuperRugby (Kobus) net "ligpunte".  Jean blameer Faf wat nie ondervinding het nie.. bla, bla..  Die mense is dan veronderstel om "slim" te wees.

18 hours ago, taipan said:

The bottom line is that Jantjies does not have BMT while Faf does.

And why does Faf have to relieve the pressure on Jantjies?

I agree, I have said this before but Faf for me is key to the Boks success and for the Boks to succeed. AC needs a team that can play at the pace that Faf can play. Lazy players are no use. Faf needs guys at every phase ready to take quick ball.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hawk_Eye said:

En intussen kry die fokken dom Wilemse op SuperRugby (Kobus) net "ligpunte".  Jean blameer Faf wat nie ondervinding het nie.. bla, bla..  Die mense is dan veronderstel om "slim" te wees.

Am I reading this right? JdV is blaming Faf because of lack of experience?

18 minutes ago, supersupporter said:

a team that can play at the pace that Faf can play.

If we can generate speed.....that's about our only hope. If not, we'll be an average team capable of an occasional upset - nothing more than that.

Anyone who blames Faf needs their head read. This laaitie if I am not mistaken was not at his best, but I only recall one clear moment where it could have gone wrong when he took the quick tap. But, having said that I have been very critical of 9's for SA who do not speed up our game.

The other mistake was a pass he could not reach.

1 minute ago, taipan said:

Am I reading this right? JdV is blaming Faf because of lack of experience?

Among others.. He said something like 8, 9, 10 have very little experience at international level and thus make incorrect decisions.  Also that Faf's passing is not up to standard.. cannot remember verbatim.

Wait until these fools have updated to episode 191.. then watch .. http://now.dstv.com/catchup/program/51be88e2-9362-47db-88b1-28933ae24be5

The fuckwit had over 100 tests experience and still hadn't learnt not to run into opposing players. I never thought I would say this, but he is worse as a pundit than a player

...and who would ever have thought that could be possible.

The problem is we get a guy like Faf, he does not have the best day at the office, but there are outside influences that play a part in that and yet assholes like Jean think it is their fault because of experience, experience is not the problem because Faf was a standout player in most of this years Bok games and SR.

If there is no game plan then how on earth can Faf play to his strengths. Jean should rather stfu. I am glad i do not have to listen to the a-hole, it is bad enough every now and then I had to listen to Skinstad and Stransky. Starting to see a pattern here..Ex WP players.

Many years ago I saw Jean de Villiers fluff an obvious pass during a EOTY Test at Twickenham. If he had thrown the pass we would have won instead he allowed Josh Lewsey to make another of his brave tackles and save the Test for England.

http://www.gettyimages.com/event/england-v-south-africa-72534479#josh-lewsey-of-england-makes-a-try-saving-tackle-on-jean-de-villiers-picture-id72597490

In this clip you see he wears 12 and had support from Ndungane 

I said then and I say it again, Jean de Villiers was a very good wing. he was never a centre not in the old form of the game and not in the current. He was found out in Ireland where he played on the wing.

I find his early attempts at being a pundit puerile. He says what is PC rather than what is true. These pundits hover around being people of the media and must learn one simple maxim about reporting - TELL THE TRUTH! 

• Like 2

The Boks clearly have problems, but for me it is harsh placing the blame on the guys who can and will make a difference and who have made a difference. People should rather look at the real problem. Coaches who are quotas coaches and who should never have been placed there in the first place.

I was happy to give AC the benefit of the doubt but, when i see a team perform that badly something is horribly wrong.

I think this year we need to see the Boks lose both vs Oz and both vs the AB's and then they are in for a big surprise in the EOYT. THis is what we as fans need to see, beacuse maybe then alarm bells will ring and who knows, maybe someone will see that ther are big issues.

But, I suspect all that will happen is the Lions players will get blamed because everyone will expect them to do what they do for the Lions in SR.

6 minutes ago, supersupporter said:

The Boks clearly have problems, but for me it is harsh placing the blame on the guys who can and will make a difference and who have made a difference. People should rather look at the real problem. Coaches who are quotas coaches and who should never have been placed there in the first place.

I was happy to give AC the benefit of the doubt but, when i see a team perform that badly something is horribly wrong.

I think this year we need to see the Boks lose both vs Oz and both vs the AB's and then they are in for a big surprise in the EOYT. THis is what we as fans need to see, beacuse maybe then alarm bells will ring and who knows, maybe someone will see that ther are big issues.

But, I suspect all that will happen is the Lions players will get blamed because everyone will expect them to do what they do for the Lions in SR.

This is SA. No one who deserves the blame gets the blame and anyone who does not deserve the blame, will get blamed. Get used to it, nothing is going forward, most certainly not our rugby; not until the correct factors/reasons for the poor performance are identified. Till then, our life is one big schlep of mediocrity

• Like 1

I said when he was assistant to Jake White that he could not have been that good at coaching backs when it took a hooker (Eddie Jones) to galvanise the 2007 Springbok backline.

Coetzee was a scrumhalf and cannot coach a decent performance from World Class players like Fourie du Preez and Butch James, how can he possibly do it with two rookies?

• Like 3

So, I suppose us novices are all wrong then......?

Cape Town - Head coach Allister Coetzee should not be blamed for the Springboks’ current woes, two former national team coaches believe.

Coetzee, who was earlier this year named South Africa’s 12th coach since readmission, has copped heavy criticism for the team’s performances.

The Boks stuttered to a 2-1 home series win over an injury-depleted Ireland and started the Rugby Championship on a low note against Argentina.

They won the first Test in unconvincing fashion (30-23) in Nelspruit, before going down 26-24 in Salta last weekend.

“It’s 2016 and we still don’t have uniformity among our Super Rugby franchises, we can’t decide how many teams should play in the Currie Cup competition and then we also have a shortage of experienced coaches,” Andre Markgraaff, who coached the Boks in 1996, toldNetwerk24.

“What we’re seeing now at the Springboks, is simply the end product of it all. It won’t help criticising the Bok coach, because South African rugby has a string of problems.”

Carel du Plessis, who was Springbok coach in 1997, said SA Rugby waited too long to move away from its obsession with “power”.

“We neglected our skills and while our decision making is already better, it’s not close to that of the All Blacks. We’re not bothering other teams’ defences because for too long we depended on instructions on muscle mass. It will take time to again empower our players. Unfortunately, time is not a luxury for a Springbok coach," said Du Plessis.

If Eddie Jones can take England to where they are now in World Rugby in such a short amount of time then I see no reason why AC cannot put together a side who can beat an Argentinian side that after all is not that good. Let's not beat about the bush but those Argies have been together all year and only narrowly beat a poor performing Bok side at home.

• Like 1

Comparing Eddie with AC is like comparing Jimi Hendrix to Steve Hofmeyer when it comes to playing guitar - there is simply no comparison the one's a master the other can help-himself.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hawk_Eye said:

Comparing Eddie with AC is like comparing Jimi Hendrix to Steve Hofmeyer when it comes to playing guitar - there is simply no comparison the one's a master the other can help-himself.  

Oh I don't know. I always thought Jimi wasn't bad on guitar.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, taipan said:

Oh I don't know. I always thought Jimi wasn't bad on guitar.

Context..stick with the context dammit..:36_11_6:

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke