Sign in to follow this  
Hawk_Eye

4 Nation International Rugby

1 hour ago, supersupporter said:

Never the less we saw 2 games this year vs the All Blacks where the team was competitive and this one they should have won.

Over the last three games they lead by 0NE point i'm told..........maybe time to check the prices for Japan 2019?

They deserved a win, I think the players did enough, unfortunately, the coach, like many SA coaches before removed players who did not need to be replaced. Those last 10 minutes we needed Eben, Faf and Marx.

But I honestly reckon he was short of his 45% quota for the series and needed to get some colour on the field, this is where quotas are failing the international game. If this was the case, he would have been better of replacing Louw with Mbonambi and then have Marx move to the side of the scrum.

Guest Rudi

It was a freaking great game up until 30-13 and then .... shit happens I suppose ... alot can be taken out of the game or should I say up until the 73 minute or so. Looking forward towards the year end tour, would love for Vermeulen to be part of it.

Rassie threw that game away, that game was in the bag with 7 to go and he takes off 2 crucial players (Faf and Marx) and then to hear his media briefing and he said this: I had no issue with Willie, I thought that Willemse had a decent run, that sidestep was awesome.

“And Vincent Koch was swapped early because Frans Malherbe said he was tired and needed to come off earlier.

I can only imagine a Kiwi saying that, it would be career suicide, if you cannot play 80 minutes you should not be there.

Very funny.........or very arrogant?

NZ Prime Minister Suggests Blindfolding All Blacks Backline In Generous Foreign Aid Initiative

Just when you thought she couldn’t even be any more compassionate and kindhearted than she already is, New Zealand’s Prime Minister Jacinda Adern has today announced plans to help developing countries feel like they are playing remotely competitive rugby union.

This comes as The Wallabies camp suffer a cruel injury blow with Reece Hodge ruled out of the spring tour after fracturing an ankle.

Coach Michael Cheika revealed the setback after the Wallabies arrived in Japan on Sunday ahead of Saturday’s third Bledisloe Cup clash with the All Blacks in Yokohama.

However, the playing field looks like it may be levelled this weekend, both metaphorically and almost literally, as the New Zealand Prime Minister has called for the coaches of her country’s team to blindfold half their players.

“I just thenk ut’d bi a but maw feer” said the Prime Minister, in a desperate plea for All Blacks players and fans to show some compassion for the so-far winless Australian Wallabies in this year’s Bledisloe Cup series.

All Blacks coach Steve Hansen has said he’ll consider it, or possible he’ll just send out the under 20s, but did ask for a pay rise for his players – as the most winningest professional sporting team in the history of organised sport.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WeDaFaKaWe said:

How long has it been since we saw a scrum doing the business like they did on Saturday?

So long, I can’t even remember. Then again, you may wonder, how long it has been since an Argie scrum was so kak. 

• Haha 1

I still think there are a few issues that need sorting.

Eben needs to stop jumping into tackles, they are just so ineffective and a better ref would have penalised him both times, if not binned him for dangerous play.

I do not see any place for Willie in the team, Cheslin at fullback and we have plenty wings. Shit, Cheslin was even a better scrummy than Faf on Saturday.

But overall three good games in a row is unheard of in the last decade, so that alone is a milestone.

• Like 1

Yes, Willie was nowhere. I have never been a big fan of Kolbe, but he silenced me on Saturday. My new question is what to do with the no 9 issue? Faf(1)  and Jantjies(2) or Jantjies (1) and Faf (2) or Jantjies (1) and Kolbe (2) and Faf (3?). It is a nice conundrum but, in all honesty, I wonder if Faf should be there. Every time Jantjies replaced him or when Jantjies started, thus far, Jantjies performed better. 

When Willie is good he is brilliant but when he is not brilliant he is very average to shyte, TBH. 

• Like 1

How/where are they going to put Kolisi in this team?

On 8/12/2019 at 2:43 AM, J1M1 said:

How/where are they going to put Kolisi in this team?

He can practice his pushups on the sideline.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

And with a hard knock we're back down to earth. Supporting the Boks is like riding a roller coaster.

Unfortunately there's been far to many troughs and not enough peaks. 

• Like 2

I think what is most annoying is we get a guy like Faf who is shit at kicking and if it was not for a bit of fortune, we would have lost Saturdays game. I am starting to hope he becomes second choice to Herschelle.

• Like 1

Guest Stu

Look on the bright side. Not many who played on Saturday will make the match day team for the 1st match of the WC.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 1 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke