Sign in to follow this  
Stu

SA vs Oz

11 hours ago, Stu said:

Getting ready...

For a SA series win. The Australian batting is near full strength but the bowling attack is bog ordinary (perhaps Zampa aside). If SA bat first on a good track it could get really ugly - apart from the spinner the rest of them are all right hand fast medium pacers with few tricks. The only way Australia can win is to bat first, make plenty and then let the scoreboard pressure get the better of the Proteas - I can't see this Aussie bowling attack running through the Saffer lineup. 

Starc (before slicing his leg open) and Hazelwood were always going to be rested but Australia still can't keep their best seamers on the park and no heads seem to roll in the sports medicine department. Cummins and Pattinson are huge talents but play about a week a year. Coulter Nile and Faulkner are useful but also keep breaking down. I personally don't think they are fit enough - compare them to Dale Steyn who until the last 18 months rarely missed a game through injury despite playing most formats. Steyn is in his mid thirties now unlike our lot who are mid twenties. 

• Like 1

Great innings by QDK. This AUS attack must be the worse we ever faced thought. 

Wanderers will be interesting if its the usual wanderers pitch.

On 01/10/2016 at 0:56 AM, Stu said:

I see what you mean about your bowlers. SA openers rampant at the moment.

Yep - no surprises with that result. Probably lucky we batted first otherwise we might have been chasing 400 plus.

2 minutes ago, Docker said:

Yep - no surprises with that result. Probably lucky we batted first otherwise we might have been chasing 400 plus.

I can't understand why you guys have been resting batsmen while bowling the likes of Starc into the ground.

1 minute ago, taipan said:

I can't understand why you guys have been resting batsmen while bowling the likes of Starc into the ground.

It does defy any sort of logic. Batsmen don't need a rest if you ask me - just don't play domestic stuff. Meanwhile the highly paid sports medicine department at CA remains intact

14 hours ago, taipan said:

All injured. 

Cummins and Pattinson and now Coulter Nile are on the long term injury list.

Starc was being rested but managed to slice his leg open to the bone and may not be right for the Test series. Hazelwood is being rested. Siddle has a reasonable ODI record but is never considered.

As far as I know there is nothing wrong with Gurinder Sandhu, Joel Paris, Jason Berendroff and Kane Richardson all of whom have represented Australia and, IMHO, are better options than Worrall, Tremain and Hastings. Boland has shown a bit in the past but he would struggle to make the squad if all were fit and firing.  

An amazing stat lifted from CA:

27 fast bowlers to debut for Australia since March, 2006 (ODIs)

Ben Hilfenhaus, Shaun Tait, Ashley Noffke, Brett Geeves, Ryan Harris, Peter Siddle, Ben Laughlin, Shane Harwood, Doug Bollinger, Dirk Nannes, Clint McKay, Josh Hazlewood, John Hastings, Mitchell Starc, James Pattinson, Pat Cummins, Ben Cutting, Kane Richardson, James Faulkner, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Sean Abbott, Gurinder Sandhu, Scott Boland, Joel Paris, Dan Worrall, Joe Mennie, Chris Tremain.

1 hour ago, taipan said:

An amazing stat lifted from CA:

27 fast bowlers to debut for Australia since March, 2006 (ODIs)

Ben Hilfenhaus, Shaun Tait, Ashley Noffke, Brett Geeves, Ryan Harris, Peter Siddle, Ben Laughlin, Shane Harwood, Doug Bollinger, Dirk Nannes, Clint McKay, Josh Hazlewood, John Hastings, Mitchell Starc, James Pattinson, Pat Cummins, Ben Cutting, Kane Richardson, James Faulkner, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Sean Abbott, Gurinder Sandhu, Scott Boland, Joel Paris, Dan Worrall, Joe Mennie, Chris Tremain.

I forgot about Faulkner being injured. McKay and Cutting would also be better than Mennie, Worrall and Tremain

Another ritual humiliation in the offing tonight. If I was the CSA I would repay the favour in kind by sending an A side for the next ODI series in Australia.

2 minutes ago, taipan said:

Nah, it's in Durban. We are always crap in Durban.

It will take a special effort to lose to the Aussie rabble.

19 minutes ago, Docker said:

It will take a special effort to lose to the Aussie rabble.

And my darling husband has declined my offer to go watch at Newlands. I am still depressed. He's lucky it's the Aussie rabble, it if were Warne and co there would be divorce action on the cards...:36_11_13:

2 minutes ago, Mata Hari said:

And my darling husband has declined my offer to go watch at Newlands. I am still depressed. He's lucky it's the Aussie rabble, it if were Warne and Coenie Oosthuizen there would be divorce action on the cards...:36_11_13:

You can probably find some other reason to give him the flick (LOL).

7 minutes ago, Docker said:

You can probably find some other reason to give him the flick (LOL).

Nah. Despite our differing priorities he's a honey, there ain't better out there. And it's actually his fault getting me hooked on cricket 20+ years ago. He hasn't watched a ball since GS and King Jacque retired and before that we watched as many games as there were on TV incl bloody Zim vs Windies in a 5 day test :15_8_217:. Now, he couldn't be bothered :36_1_38:

6 hours ago, Mata Hari said:

He hasn't watched a ball since GS and King Jacque retired and before that we watched as many games as there were on TV incl bloody Zim vs Windies in a 5 day test :15_8_217:. Now, he couldn't be bothered :36_1_38:

I almost feel the same.

Better effort by my lot but hard to defend any total with that attack. I am clutching at straws but one of few positives is that a number of our batsmen are getting a good look at the majority of the Saffer seam attack that will front up for the Test series in four weeks time. Smith and Warner making runs against Steyn and Rabada is a plus. Now that the footy finals are finished here the media are having a good look at cricket again and the commentary on the current efforts has been very critical (and well justified).

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Goraan
    Newest Member
    Goraan