Sign in to follow this  
Stu

SA vs Oz

14 hours ago, taipan said:

Clever declaration by Faf after a great knock.

Was a good knock under pressure - obviously a lad with some mental strength.

Thankfully we got De Koch relatively cheaply - he has been killing us this time around.

Amla (an all time great) seems to be tailing off form wise - hardly been a threat on this tour. 

14 hours ago, taipan said:

Clever declaration by Faf after a great knock.

Big ears Faf heard Smith asking the umpire about how long Warner had to be back on the field for to open the batting. Was a clever move. The new chum from Yorkshire is channeling Uncle Geoffrey and looks like a proper opener - early doors but it was good management and some good luck to survive those 12 overs.

Amla has been loose outside off for most of his career. When his trigger movements are in sync it solves the problem. I think most of this recent dismissals are all nicking off or chopping on.

11 hours ago, taipan said:

Fair question. Nine wickets down, would we score many more. Warner not allowed to open because he was off the field. Only 12 overs to bowl so the quickies will restart fresh with a basically new ball in the morning. Aussie heads down as they let it slip by letting the tail get too many runs. Players being tired by spending the whole day in the field. Not knowing what the new pink ball will do under lights.

OK. I get it. And yes, being "different" can work in your favour.

5 hours ago, taipan said:

Amla has been loose outside off for most of his career. When his trigger movements are in sync it solves the problem. I think most of this recent dismissals are all nicking off or chopping on.

The lad appears to be a compulsive cutter - I have wondered in the past why some international captains don't try more often feeding him wide balls with a stacked field.

On 25/11/2016 at 8:17 AM, Docker said:

Amla (an all time great) seems to be tailing off form wise - hardly been a threat on this tour. 

Me and my big mouth.

2 hours ago, taipan said:

Reports coming in that Trevor Goddard has died.

R.I.P.

Sad news!! Enjoyed watching him bat and bowl

Looks like the Saffers put the cue back in the rack after the Hobart flogging.

The good news from this Test was that 125,000 punters showed up over the four days - Test cricket is alive and well if played at the right venues. The South Australians go all out to promote Test cricket and along with a top shelf stadium organise a lot of stuff in and around the ground to keep the crowds entertained. 

It looks like a great venue. A 5 Test Aus/SA series is required imho

1 hour ago, J1M1 said:

It looks like a great venue. A 5 Test Aus/SA series is required imho

I agree but won't happen on account of scheduling issues

On 24 November 2016 at 4:18 PM, The Don said:

Just querying why you considered it a "clever" declaration?

Have a look at this game Don. Take a note of the captain, the ball, the ground and when the 1st innings declaration came.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/sheffield-shield-2015-16/engine/match/895913.html

9 hours ago, taipan said:

Have a look at this game Don. Take a note of the captain, the ball, the ground and when the 1st innings declaration came.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/sheffield-shield-2015-16/engine/match/895913.html

There is a clear advantage to bowling with a new ball in the night session but the ball has been slightly modified and with more night cricket experience you think the effect will diminish over time. Smith was planning to do the same thing on day two if they had lost more wickets.

Apart from his defence of Mintgate I was very impressed with Faf as captain especially dealing with being a bowler short in Perth and no AB for the entire series. There must be a temptation to stick with him even when AB comes back (AB does deserve some sort of sanction for that wig he is wearing these days).

It looks like the Adelaide Ashes Test will be in the day night format now.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Goraan
    Newest Member
    Goraan