Sign in to follow this  
taipan

SA v SL

Happy for Stephen Cook!

Looks like we have "discovered" a decent opening pair

1 hour ago, J1M1 said:

Happy for Stephen Cook!

Looks like we have "discovered" a decent opening pair

Aussies are just telling me how crap they are. Memories appear short over there.

• Like 1

On 29/12/2016 at 11:58 AM, taipan said:

Aussies are just telling me how crap they are. Memories appear short over there.

LOL. That said neither of them are close to a G Smith. Not many top shelf openers around at the moment apart from Cook and maybe Warner and Ali

Congratulations to Dean & Q..........saved the bacon

15 hours ago, J1M1 said:

Congratulations to Dean & Q..........saved the bacon

Quinny is some cricketer - I thought it would be a long time before another Gilly came along but this lad will finish up with a much better record than Gilchrist.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Docker said:

Quinny is some cricketer - I thought it would be a long time before another Gilly came along but this lad will finish up with a much better record than Gilchrist.

The world is his oyster..........at the moment. Hope he's got a great "manager".

8 hours ago, Docker said:

I prefer to think of him as the first QDK. I don't like player comparisons. How many next Bothams have played for England?

anyway, back to the subject. He has that mark of the great players. He seems to have so much more time than anyone else.

• Like 2

Curious as to why the Proteas didn't go for an innings victory????????

3 hours ago, The Don said:

Curious as to why the Proteas didn't go for an innings victory????????

My response to the same Q from Rooinek on another forum:

"Wel Rooi, I beg to differ in this specific instancee. The wicket is still exceptionally good for batting. Our seamers were tired bowling into a very strong South Easter. There is lots of time left. The turn around for this test just 2 days. We bowled last in the previous test. There is still one test left in the series....and we might have to bowl first in that one...the Bull ring is a seamers pitch. By enforcing the follow on, there is a minute chance that one ore two of their bats might have got stuck in and have us bowl at them for another day or 2...depleting them for the next test. Our lead is already big and although an innings win is special, it's much safer to rest our attack and bat for 2 sessions, post 500 pluss lead, aaaand still have seven pluss sessions to bowl them out...on a deteriorating wicket...clever captaincy IMO."

Edited by DbDraad

A bit surprised that Rilee is going to Hampshire along with Abbott..............

21 hours ago, DbDraad said:

My response to the same Q from Rooinek on another forum:

"Wel Rooi, I beg to differ in this specific instancee. The wicket is still exceptionally good for batting. Our seamers were tired bowling into a very strong South Easter. There is lots of time left. The turn around for this test just 2 days. We bowled last in the previous test. There is still one test left in the series....and we might have to bowl first in that one...the Bull ring is a seamers pitch. By enforcing the follow on, there is a minute chance that one ore two of their bats might have got stuck in and have us bowl at them for another day or 2...depleting them for the next test. Our lead is already big and although an innings win is special, it's much safer to rest our attack and bat for 2 sessions, post 500 pluss lead, aaaand still have seven pluss sessions to bowl them out...on a deteriorating wicket...clever captaincy IMO."

Understood. The boys would have had a longer rest before the next test though if we did force the follow-on.

3 hours ago, taipan said:

Is that confirmed about Rilee?

It was on the ribbon during the Abbott presser...........

9 hours ago, taipan said:

sad times

The Brexit may ultimately put an end to the Kolpak arrangement.

If you are a fringe Hampshire player you would have the shits on today and be looking for a new club. The problem with county cricket is that it is very club for themselves with no regard to the greater good. In Australia (and probably SA) the state sides are totally subservient to CA and bringing in players like Johan Botha needs CA sign off. We aren't subject to the Kolpak rules so we can restrict labour inputs. But county clubs have a history of stupidity like signing Australian Test batsmen to short term contracts immediately prior to the commencement of a home Ashes series (hasn't mattered much lately to be fair)    

Brexit is putting an end to Kolpak, but existing contracts have to be honoured. Hence the rush to get in before the curtain goes down.

43 minutes ago, WeDaFaKaWe said:

Russel Domingo washing the laundry regarding Rilee on national TV last night was bad form IMO. 

He's an arsehole.

i assume you deliberately misspelt his name?

• Like 2

Rilee is/was about our most talented batsman...............imho, so for me it's a big loss.............

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 1 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke