Sign in to follow this  
Arlecchino

Snippets & stupidity

As a Durbanite I can tell without any doubt that most ratepayers in the city are still pissed off about the unnecessary expense and ongoing cost of the Moses Mabhida Stadium. No matter how impressive this looming monster is, it is still costing the city a small fortune every month and does not have the wherewithal to wash its own face.

So imagine how the people of Nelspruit feel about the Mbombela Stadium. Yes the Pumas play rugby there but anybody who watches them on TV can see how sparse matchday crowds look.

If that is not tough enough, imagine how the supporters of Black Aces feel? Cheated? Cape Town City's success is offset by the anger that the people of Limpopo must feel towards SAFA. Not only do they also have a massively expensive stadium, but the football franchise which helped to pay a lot of the overhead, has been sold off to a wealthier city.

Chelsea won 2-1 in the London Stadium to put the Hammers supporters in a bad mood.

Tyrone Mings and Zlatan Ibrahimovich were charged with violent conduct yesterday. In the case of the latter, this has been coming for a while. The other Man Utd player who needs to have better discipline is Paul Pogba who puts himself about a bit more than he should.

At risk of putting mockers on a team, Newcastle look pretty well set to be promoted with a healthy lead in the Champions League. Well done Rafa. I love the Geordies - fine folk.

I was wondering about these white elephants the other day.

Has anybody ever thought of calculating the costs of keeping them running since the end of FIFA2010 as opposed to just cutting the losses and knocking them down the minute Septic Bladder and his chumps got on their planes after the final.

I'm sure that the income from scrap material alone would have been more profitable than the cost of keeping them going. 

14 minutes ago, vlagman said:

I was wondering about these white elephants the other day.

Has anybody ever thought of calculating the costs of keeping them running since the end of FIFA2010 as opposed to just cutting the losses and knocking them down the minute Septic Bladder and his chumps got on their planes after the final.

I'm sure that the income from scrap material alone would have been more profitable than the cost of keeping them going. 

And Durban still wants to host the Commonwealth Games. Sheer lunacy.

So where are the ponytails with their wonderfully innovative marketing ideas on "how to optimize use of the resource going forward"???

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   1 Member, 1 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke