Sign in to follow this  
Arlecchino

Proteas v Black Caps

Hard to say that this will be anything other than a draw or possibly a NZ win.

SA first dig - 308

NZ             - 341 lead of 33

SA 2nd dig - 224-6 lead by 191

If NZ can bowl out SA in first session they could win. SA will have to bat for the better part of 2 sessions. 

7 hours ago, Arlecchino said:

Hard to say that this will be anything other than a draw or possibly a NZ win.

SA first dig - 308

NZ             - 341 lead of 33

SA 2nd dig - 224-6 lead by 191

If NZ can bowl out SA in first session they could win. SA will have to bat for the better part of 2 sessions. 

What?

This is a truly bizarre view of the game. If SA bat for another 2 sessions, which is unlikely with only 4 wickets left, they will be 350 ahead. 191 is already arguably enough.

I doubt there was enough time for either side to force a result even if it didn't rain. I am not sure if SA would want to be defending 191 with a full day to play even with the slow pitch. 191 might have be enough but SA captains since Hansie have been conservative types

22 minutes ago, Docker said:

I doubt there was enough time for either side to force a result even if it didn't rain. I am not sure if SA would want to be defending 191 with a full day to play even with the slow pitch. 191 might have be enough but SA captains since Hansie have been conservative types

I agree. 191 was possibly not enough but realistically we weren't going to bat much longer with 4 wickets left. IMHO 230 would have been plenty given NZ have only 2 decent bats, on of whom was crocked.

SA were definitely not out of the game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, taipan said:

I agree. 191 was possibly not enough but realistically we weren't going to bat much longer with 4 wickets left. IMHO 230 would have been plenty given NZ have only 2 decent bats, on of whom was crocked.

SA were definitely not out of the game.

I would have much rather been SA at the close of play on day four. NZ weren't impossible and beat Pakistan from a similar position before Christmas but the Saffer bowlers are a lot better than the Pakistanis and have Vern who loves the lively tracks

18 hours ago, J1M1 said:

2nd Test "delicately balanced"?

Looks like a good contest. NZ need anything to go right (read big hundred from Williamson) to win from here (conceding first innings lead). SA win or draw (weather) are the probable outcomes

7 hours ago, taipan said:

We need a lead of over 50.

Well.......it's 80+ but the wicket seems to be playing a lot easier than day 1.......or am i mistaken?

8 wickets...... i'll take that!!

Are we so good, or are they so bad?

We seem to have had a run of fair luck, but they are definitely not great. The series against the poms will reveal more. Our newish spinner seems to be finding his feet.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Goraan
    Newest Member
    Goraan