Sign in to follow this  
Arlecchino

PSG and Wenger stay in the news

Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) coach Unai Emery has received the "full and entire support of the Qatari owners.

The "kiss of death".

Is this just the sort of news that Arsene Wenger wants to hear? Is he biding his time with misfiring Arsenal before he jumps ship tp PSG?

Wenger is playing a waiting game because he is still in the FA Cup hunt. His team takes on Lincoln on Saturday afternoon at the Emirates Stadium in North London kickoff 17.00 GMT.

However it is as if Wenger's bad luck just won't stop.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said: "It's possible [we have sickness bug in the camp] at the moment, yes. We have a little problem in that front. I don't know if it is bad.

"The uncertainties are Welbeck, who had to come off after the warm-up for sickness. The other one is Alex Iwobi on the day of the game. He couldn't turn up for the same problem. Everyone else should be available.

"With Iwobi, in the morning they called me and said he couldn't play. Welbeck at 5pm in the afternoon felt sick. We still tried to play him. It could be a bug, I don't know. I will leave the doctors to do their work.

"I haven't decided yet [if Ozil will play]. He still felt not too well after the game. Now we will see in training how he feels.

"I haven't decided about the team that starts on Saturday. I always decided to play the team that has a good chance to qualify. Will continue to do that of course."

Could this indicate any possibility of an upset? The Telegraph from whom this news has just come are tipping a 5-0 win for Arsenal but strange things have already happened this week and Lincoln did not get this far down the Thames on a banana peel.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Goraan
    Newest Member
    Goraan