Sign in to follow this  
Arlecchino

Proteas will head to England with some questions

6 hours ago, Docker said:

What moron thought having a ODI tournament in England with the top eight ranked teams in early June would be a good idea given the English weather at that time of the year. 

Probably the same moron who always decides on a Durban test..,....

Edited by vlagman

4 minutes ago, vlagman said:

Probably the same moron who always decides on a Durban test..,....

Nah, the Durban one is a bigger moron.

• Like 1

Maybe the time has come to think the unthinkable and drop AB. Ever since the WC gemors he has played for himself and not the team. Yesterday was another case in point. The test team is noticeably happier under Faf.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, taipan said:

Maybe the time has come to think the unthinkable and drop AB. Ever since the WC gemors he has played for himself and not the team. Yesterday was another case in point. The test team is noticeably happier under Faf.

FFS. You beat me to it.

5 minutes ago, taipan said:

At least 2 of us see the problem.

And it hasn't been since yesterday either..............

As I said it goes back to the WC. He was clearly not happy on the Indian tour last year and now we have all this nonsense about "will he" for the test team.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, taipan said:

As I said it goes back to the WC. He was clearly not happy on the Indian tour last year and now we have all this nonsense about "will he" for the test team.

Well, I'm on record for preferring Faf as captain, even before Amla got the gig. I think there is place for AB as a player, but on the team's terms, not his own. Always thought him a bit soft...

1 hour ago, DbDraad said:

Well, I'm on record for preferring Faf as captain, even before Amla got the gig. I think there is place for AB as a player, but on the team's terms, not his own. Always thought him a bit soft...

Amla was the biggest fuck up of all time. Not his fault, he didn't want the gig in the first place.

15 hours ago, taipan said:

He certainly doesn't look interested.

The selectors need to "retire" him from Test cricket if he can't or won't play rather than him dictating the series he might play when it suits him.

The end can come quickly for some players. That said I thought Hash was in a death spiral awhile ago but he seems to be in career best form in the shorter formats at least

AB's now trotting out the "hamstring story"................. honesty seems in short supply allround.

Maybe if someone with balls was kept as skipper, we wouldnt be busy choking out of yet another competition. FFS man.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, vlagman said:

Has AB become a liability?

He must make the decision if he wants to play for SA or not.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Stu said:

Maybe if someone with balls was kept as skipper, we wouldnt be busy choking out of yet another competition. FFS man.

Graeme Smith had balls.....

And hopefully this is also the end of Domingo. The bizarre strategy of blocking the new ball to set a platform was outdated 20 years ago.

• Like 1

Just now, taipan said:

And hopefully this is also the end of Domingo. The bizarre strategy of blocking the new ball to set a platform was outdated 20 years ago.

To be replace by who? Have I seen somewhere that Charl Langeveldt is coaching somewhere? Who else? Mondi Sondeke? Ntini? Omar Henry? Roger Telesomething?

1 hour ago, vlagman said:

To be replace by who? Have I seen somewhere that Charl Langeveldt is coaching somewhere? Who else? Mondi Sondeke? Ntini? Omar Henry? Roger Telesomething?

That's racist

31 minutes ago, vlagman said:

Wonder when the Proteas will be flying back. Tomorrow or on Tuesday?

Still have a tour to finish.

1 hour ago, taipan said:

Still have a tour to finish.

Eish.  Forgot about that. So they will probably be taking an unplanned holiday. Or maybe that was the idea from the start. 

11 hours ago, taipan said:

That was strange - the Indian attack is handy but hardly world class. Let the cobblers cobble - de Kock and Alma should have been given licence to have a dash

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke