Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Arlecchino

Proteas will head to England with some questions

Recommended Posts

nothing like a sound thrashing to raise the spirits..........Joe Root has a lot to learn about the art of captaincy - like not being bullied by his "senior" bowlers :110104_emM5_prv[1]:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J1M1 said:

nothing like a sound thrashing to raise the spirits..........Joe Root has a lot to learn about the art of captaincy - like not being bullied by his "senior" bowlers :110104_emM5_prv[1]:

Old England problem. Graeme Swan et al being at the head of the "campaign" against Kevin Pietersen.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DbDraad said:

Team looks like a different side with Faf back in charge.

Agreed. He seems to be very relaxed and rational.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/07/2017 at 0:55 PM, taipan said:

I thought the junior subs was one of the new inclusions they were looking for. Maybe if the big Bash hasn't lost so much we would not be having this discussion.

However IMHO if you are happy to share in the profits you must be prepared to share in the losses.

It looks the sticking point now is $AUD60 million in additional revenue which accumulated in a subsidiary ledger to which the players believe they are entitled. I couldn't understand why Shane Watson, now retired, was involved in the negotiations but it turns out he, for example, would collect another $AUD1.8 million from the $60 million which would be handy superannuation. The players are now starting to lose the public who think they are just being too greedy now. Most domestic players want to settle and move on but the highly paid internationals are holding out.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, because on my cricket forum everyone is blaming CA not the players but I suspected there was more to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, taipan said:

Ah, because on my cricket forum everyone is blaming CA not the players but I suspected there was more to it.

The original revenue sharing agreement didn't consider things like digital rights which appears to be causing the stink now. Whoever drafted the agreement needs to be slapped around for not considering new forms of revenue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Docker said:

It looks the sticking point now is $AUD60 million in additional revenue which accumulated in a subsidiary ledger to which the players believe they are entitled. I couldn't understand why Shane Watson, now retired, was involved in the negotiations but it turns out he, for example, would collect another $AUD1.8 million from the $60 million which would be handy superannuation. The players are now starting to lose the public who think they are just being too greedy now. Most domestic players want to settle and move on but the highly paid internationals are holding out.  

So I have been told this is rubbish.

http://flamingbails.forumotion.com/t16053p200-ashes-lockout-with-aussie-players-on-the-front-foot#882333

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, taipan said:

I am pretty sure that there is $60 million swinging - the issue is over who gets it. The next post gives a good summation

Edited by Docker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly. Trouble is that they are fixated that the ACA is right and CA wrong. Reading the next post indicates that there was a guaranteed minimum but no earnings cap. Madness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to Sean Pollock, Chris Morris has NEVER bowled with a Crown ball before this tour.........really great forward planning from the "management team"..............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, taipan said:

Crown? They usually use the Duke ball in UK.

You're right........royalty confuses me :36_11_6:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, J1M1 said:

You're right........royalty confuses me :36_11_6:

My family has had that effect on commoners for generations.

Edited by taipan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2017 at 2:55 PM, J1M1 said:

According to Sean Pollock, Chris Morris has NEVER bowled with a Crown ball before this tour.........really great forward planning from the "management team"..............

That is poor planning. They play a couple of Shield games each year with Duke balls here

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

imho it's time for a complete over-haul.......this machine is not firing on all cylinders - and nobody seems to know why.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, J1M1 said:

imho it's time for a complete over-haul.......this machine is not firing on all cylinders - and nobody seems to know why.

 

I do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J1M1 said:

imho it's time for a complete over-haul.......this machine is not firing on all cylinders - and nobody seems to know why.

 

They will probably come out and win by an innings next start. Not much went right this time around - not often you get four golden ducks in an innings (most of them padding up). If Vern comes good the team will improve sharply.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Inconsistency...........it amazes me how we go from zero to hero to zero within a couple of days. Most alarming is the lack of fight in too many of these dogs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

  • Forum Statistics

    11,613
    Total Topics
    394,275
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    20
    Total Members
    2,160
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...